last movie you watched

sonicjams

http://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/4c1ca476-c27c-4164-b56f-7318ffa84c03_1.5714bcb46c799dbbd7b53938be97e7f4.jpeg

Rank that, the 1933 original, Bridges/Lange ‘76, and Jack Black 2005 one.

1. 1933 Universal original

2. 1976 Grodin/Lange/Bridges

3. Jack Black

4. Skull Island

Skull Island is pretty good but the other ones were better, with a little bit more character and story depth. I'll watch the next Monsters installment though, GODZILLA and then KING KONG vs GODZILLA!

Ok, haven’t seen Island.

What grades would you give those four?

Will the Godzilla vs Kong movie be the same Godzilla as the Ken Watanabe one?...Because that crap put me to sleep!!!

Yeah he's in it.

I'm not sure about grades I'll have to think about it.

I don’t think you’ll like the Godzilla one. I’ll check out Skull Island.

Oh actually no I was meaning the next one in 2019 Godzilla King of the Monsters not the Kong vs Godzilla that's a totally different film that's coming out in 2020.

Here's a bit of info on Kong/Godzilla:

Legendary first announced the film in October 2015 when it also announced its plans for a shared cinematic franchise featuring Godzilla and King Kong. Producer Alex Garcia confirmed that the film will not be a remake of the Toho version, stating, "the idea is not to remake that movie." In May 2016, Warner Bros. announced that the film would be released on May 29, 2020.

In March 2017, Legendary assembled a writers room to develop the story for Godzilla vs. Kong, with Terry Rossio (who co-wrote an early unproduced script for TriStar's Godzilla)[47] leading a team consisting of Patrick McKay, J. D. Payne, Lindsey Beer, Cat Vasko, T.S. Nowlin, Jack Paglen, and J. Michael Straczynski.[12] On his experience with the writers room, Rossio stated, "Godzilla vs. Kong was my first experience running a writer's room, and it was fantastic. It was a blast reading samples, meeting different writers, and crafting a story in a group setting. It felt similar to animation, where the film is happening up on the walls, and the end result is better than any one person could accomplish on their own."

In May 2017, Warner Bros. bumped the film's original release date to a week early, from May 29 to May 22, for a Memorial Day weekend release. That same month, Adam Wingard was announced as the director for Godzilla vs. Kong.

In July 2017, Wingard spoke about the outline created by the writers room, stating, "We're going in very great detail through all the characters, the arcs they have, how they relate to one another, and most importantly how they relate to the monsters, and how the monsters relate to them or reflect them." He also stated that he and his team are going "beat by beat" on the outline, stating, "So once again, it's a discussion, and about feeling out how to make it as strong as possible, so that when Terry [Rossio] goes to write the screenplay, he has a definitive breakdown of what to include."

In August 2017, Wingard spoke about his approach for the monsters, stating, "I really want you to take those characters seriously. I want you to be emotionally invested, not just in the human characters, but actually in the monsters. It’s a massive monster brawl movie. There’s lots of monsters going crazy on each other, but at the end of the day I want there to be an emotional drive to it. I want you to be emotionally invested in them. I think that’s what’s going to make it really cool." Wingard confirmed that the the film will have a winner, stating: “I do want there to be a winner. The original film was very fun, but you feel a little let down that the movie doesn’t take a definitive stance. People are still debating now who won in that original movie, you know. So, I do want people to walk away from this film feeling like, Okay, there is a winner.”

Wingard also confirmed that the film will tie in with Godzilla: King of the Monsters, be set in modern times, and feature a "more rugged, a bit more aged Kong." Stage work on the film will be shot in Atlanta.

I don’t believe their enthusiasm. That is, I don’t believe Kong vs Godzilla will be good.

http://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/4c1ca476-c27c-4164-b56f-7318ffa84c03_1.5714bcb46c799dbbd7b53938be97e7f4.jpeg

3. Jack Black

4. Skull Island

Skull Island is pretty good but the other ones were better, with a little bit more character and story depth. I'll watch the next Monsters installment though, GODZILLA and then KING KONG vs GODZILLA!

Ok, haven’t seen Island.

Will the Godzilla vs Kong movie be the same Godzilla as the Ken Watanabe one?...Because that crap put me to sleep!!!

Yeah he's in it.

Oh actually no I was meaning the next one in 2019 Godzilla King of the Monsters not the Kong vs Godzilla that's a totally different film that's coming out in 2020.

Legendary first announced the film in October 2015 when it also announced its plans for a shared cinematic franchise featuring Godzilla and King Kong. Producer Alex Garcia confirmed that the film will not be a remake of the Toho version, stating, "the idea is not to remake that movie." In May 2016, Warner Bros. announced that the film would be released on May 29, 2020.

In March 2017, Legendary assembled a writers room to develop the story for Godzilla vs. Kong, with Terry Rossio (who co-wrote an early unproduced script for TriStar's Godzilla)[47] leading a team consisting of Patrick McKay, J. D. Payne, Lindsey Beer, Cat Vasko, T.S. Nowlin, Jack Paglen, and J. Michael Straczynski.[12] On his experience with the writers room, Rossio stated, "Godzilla vs. Kong was my first experience running a writer's room, and it was fantastic. It was a blast reading samples, meeting different writers, and crafting a story in a group setting. It felt similar to animation, where the film is happening up on the walls, and the end result is better than any one person could accomplish on their own."

In May 2017, Warner Bros. bumped the film's original release date to a week early, from May 29 to May 22, for a Memorial Day weekend release. That same month, Adam Wingard was announced as the director for Godzilla vs. Kong.

In July 2017, Wingard spoke about the outline created by the writers room, stating, "We're going in very great detail through all the characters, the arcs they have, how they relate to one another, and most importantly how they relate to the monsters, and how the monsters relate to them or reflect them." He also stated that he and his team are going "beat by beat" on the outline, stating, "So once again, it's a discussion, and about feeling out how to make it as strong as possible, so that when Terry [Rossio] goes to write the screenplay, he has a definitive breakdown of what to include."

In August 2017, Wingard spoke about his approach for the monsters, stating, "I really want you to take those characters seriously. I want you to be emotionally invested, not just in the human characters, but actually in the monsters. It’s a massive monster brawl movie. There’s lots of monsters going crazy on each other, but at the end of the day I want there to be an emotional drive to it. I want you to be emotionally invested in them. I think that’s what’s going to make it really cool." Wingard confirmed that the the film will have a winner, stating: “I do want there to be a winner. The original film was very fun, but you feel a little let down that the movie doesn’t take a definitive stance. People are still debating now who won in that original movie, you know. So, I do want people to walk away from this film feeling like, Okay, there is a winner.”

Wingard also confirmed that the film will tie in with Godzilla: King of the Monsters, be set in modern times, and feature a "more rugged, a bit more aged Kong." Stage work on the film will be shot in Atlanta.

I don’t believe their enthusiasm. That is, I don’t believe Kong vs Godzilla will be good.

3. Jack Black

4. Skull Island

Ok, haven’t seen Island.

Yeah he's in it.

You'll watch it though!

3. Jack Black

4. Skull Island

Ok, haven’t seen Island.

Yeah he's in it.

3. Jack Black

4. Skull Island

Ok, haven’t seen Island.

Yeah he's in it.

You'll watch it though!

I haven’t even seen Skull Island. And as I said, I fell asleep in Watanabe Godzilla.

Besides, the real vs. monster flick I want to see is in Incredible Hulk #181! Universal Studios would easily spread their legs wide and allow the MCU to borrow Hulk again to make that movie! Wendigo is possible in a PG-13 movie. :yes:

Then, of course, there’s the (re)-introduction of that third party.

You know what I’m sayin’ bub !

• Like 1

3. Jack Black

4. Skull Island

Ok, haven’t seen Island.

Yeah he's in it.

3. Jack Black

4. Skull Island

Ok, haven’t seen Island.

Yeah he's in it.

You'll watch it though!

I haven’t even seen Skull Island. And as I said, I fell asleep in Watanabe Godzilla.

Besides, the real vs. monster flick I want to see is in Incredible Hulk #181! Universal Studios would easily spread their legs wide and allow the MCU to borrow Hulk again to make that movie! Wendigo is possible in a PG-13 movie. :yes:

Then, of course, there’s the (re)-introduction of that third party.

You know what I’m sayin’ bub !

Aye!

I%2C_Tonya.png

Verdict?

First off, great soundtrack. I was skeptical when I heard about this. The subject matter screams TV movie of the week and actually was one in the 90s but turned out to be a great black comedy.

Good to hear. I saw the previews and Tonya's mom looked like a hilariously dark character.

It_%282017%29_poster.jpg

Oh man...I STILL haven´t watched it!

I had to watch it again...two nights in a row. Definitely did not disappoint.

i LOVE this film so much.

I tell ya......i'm usually meh when it comes to kid actors......but this bunch ROCKED.

i love every minute.

Mick

The Foreigner. Fan-frickin'-tastic! Jackie Chan really brings a quiet intensity I've never seen from him before and Pierce Brosnan is terrific! Go watch this one with all speed!
  • Like 1

It_%282017%29_poster.jpg

I tell ya......i'm usually meh when it comes to kid actors......but this bunch ROCKED.

i love every minute.

Mick

Same here. It didn't scare me for a second, but the storytelling, acting and visuals pulled me in right from the start and it was also intensely moving at times. For once, the real horror is portrayed, not as the ghoul, but the shadows that follow our every waking moments, the real things.

• Like 2

It_%282017%29_poster.jpg

i love every minute.

Mick

Same here. It didn't scare me for a second, but the storytelling, acting and visuals pulled me in right from the start and it was also intensely moving at times. For once, the real horror is portrayed, not as the ghoul, but the shadows that follow our every waking moments, the real things.

yea i agree with the scares......but you hit it. the story's not about that.

so no bother,

Mick

It was good.

movieposter.jpg

Yeah, I really liked it!

Me too. Good movie.