last movie you watched

sonicjams

Lion, an Aussie film that's a ripper. Dev Patel (looking very sexy) plays an Indian boy adopted by an Australian couple when he was 5. Once he's grown up he goes back to find his mother. David Wenham and Nicole Kidman play the Aussie couple.

Continuing the Brian DePalma-thon

Dressed To Kill

Excellent, totally politically incorrect and unfortunately, this would not fly today .. Michael Caine and Angie Dickenson are excellent, and there is a 20 minute stretch in the first act with no dialog that is absolutely gripping ..

Dennis Franz is great, as is Nancy Allen ( again )

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-VfaobsrbJPM/TbLq1lY1BwI/AAAAAAAATIU/1xtz226ntzA/s1600/poster_07.jpg

• Like 2

In The Line Of Fire

It's a pretty straightforward thriller but it should've been better given Eastwood & Malkovich. Malkovich does well here as the clever killer.

Grade: C+

Bone Tomahawk

What the hell was that?! Seemed like it was going to be a supernatural horror at first then it turned into a slow, western drama for the next 90 minutes. How many damn times do I need to see Patrick Wilson limping on crutches?! Then, in the final act it turns into a gore fest. A bit of a waste of Kurt Russell.

Grade: D+

Rush

I'm no race car fan. And I couldn't care less about cars in general. But I thought this was pretty decent with a couple of good lead performances in Hemsworth and Bruhl.

Grade: B

Saw "It" over the weekend.

Simply awesome. I can't wait for chapter 2.

Pennywise was amazing and all the kids knocked it out of the park. A really really strong Stephen King Adaption and it did the novel justice so far.

Also watched The Founder with Michael Keaton. Excellent movie and I highly recommend it.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 2

Saw "It" over the weekend.

Simply awesome. I can't wait for chapter 2.

Pennywise was amazing and all the kids knocked it out of the park. A really really strong Stephen King Adaption and it did the novel justice so far.

Also watched The Founder with Michael Keaton. Excellent movie and I highly recommend it.

One of my kids saw "It" and so we got talking about John Wayne Gacy and ended up watching this doc.

http://www.youtube....h?v=gvhr0EoVZk8

I liked The Founder as well. That's one of those historical movies that I'm a fan of. I never did sympathize with the McDonald brothers as much as the film tried to make me. But I do wish that McDonald's would use real milkshakes. (And real food for that matter.)

Edited by workingcinderellaman