last movie you watched

sonicjams

Escape from L.A.

Good god that was bad. It's one of the worst sequels (as far as part 2s go anyway) that comes to mind. Snake playing basketball to survive?! Surfing through a tsunami?!! Hang-gliding through a barrage of bullets in open air unscathed?! The action sucks, the villain's a Che Guevera lampoon, and the plot is essentially a repeat. And those are its good points!

Hey Earl, I curse you for giving this movie your approval! ;)

Grade: F

• Like 1

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-2LGvxocGTs4/Vb3awI7r8zI/AAAAAAAAUcg/5J3eItV0mZQ/s640/Story%2BOf%2BRicky%2Bblu%2Bcover.jpg

Cartoonish hyper-violence that made me shake my head in some kind of wonder.

Disembowelings? Check!

Fists through faces? Check!

Use of meat grinder to advance the plot? Check!

Attempted strangulation using aforementioned disemboweled bowels? Check!

If you are a fan of goofy "kung-fu" movies, or "Kill Bill", you might enjoy this one.

4 disarticulated digits out of five

http://cinemademerde.com/sites/default/files/styles/full_movie_image/public/movie_image/Story_of_Ricky-facerip_0.gif

"This is not what I meant by 'losing face'."

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-2LGvxocGTs4/Vb3awI7r8zI/AAAAAAAAUcg/5J3eItV0mZQ/s640/Story%2BOf%2BRicky%2Bblu%2Bcover.jpg

Cartoonish hyper-violence that made me shake my head in some kind of wonder.

Disembowelings? Check!

Fists through faces? Check!

Use of meat grinder to advance the plot? Check!

Attempted strangulation using aforementioned disemboweled bowels? Check!

If you are a fan of goofy "kung-fu" movies, or "Kill Bill", you might enjoy this one.

4 disarticulated digits out of five

http://cinemademerde.com/sites/default/files/styles/full_movie_image/public/movie_image/Story_of_Ricky-facerip_0.gif

"This is not what I meant by 'losing face'."

Does Barry Gordy's The Last Dragon count as a goofy kung fu movie because that was enjoyable.

The Kill Bills, on the other hand, need to be disemboweled! If allowed, I'll perform the disemboweling myself with my teeth!

So, Riki-Oh might be a risky movie viewing for me.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

Does Barry Gordy's The Last Dragon count as a goofy kung fu movie because that was enjoyable.

The Kill Bills, on the other hand, need to be disemboweled! If allowed, I'll perform the disemboweling myself with my teeth!

I guess I was thinking more along the lines of goofy Chinese kung-fu movies (the ones that probably shouldn't be called 'martial arts' movies, if that makes any sense). You know, the ones that involve urinating on people and jumping vampires.

Never heard of the B Gordy movie so I'll have to check that out!

Ricky-O is a gore-fest at times, but it's over-the-top and pretty campy.

One of the characters keeps mints in their prosthetic eye.

The warden ends up being a demon!

ricky4_758_426_81_s_c1.jpg

Edited by vaportrailer

I guess I was thinking more along the lines of goofy Chinese kung-fu movies (the ones that probably shouldn't be called 'martial arts' movies, if that makes any sense). You know, the ones that involve urinating on people and jumping vampires.

Never heard of the B Gordy movie so I'll have to check that out!

Ricky-O is a gore-fest at times, but it's over-the-top and pretty campy.

One of the characters keeps mints in their prosthetic eye.

The warden ends up being a demon!

http://s3.drafthouse.com/images/made/ricky4_758_426_81_s_c1.jpg

One goofy kung fu flick I remember was called The Three Avengers. That was pretty good...or bad. Anyway, it was enjoyable.

Escape from L.A.

Good god that was bad. It's one of the worst sequels (as far as part 2s go anyway) that comes to mind. Snake playing basketball to survive?! Surfing through a tsunami?!! Hang-gliding through a barrage of bullets in open air unscathed?! The action sucks, the villain's a Che Guevera lampoon, and the plot is essentially a repeat. And those are its good points!

If only I warned you before. I saw it on HBO recently and it's awful. Special effects are SyFy Channel bad.

Buscemi is a bright spot, though.

• Like 1

X-Men: Apocalypse. Pretty decent. Has that classic Quicksilver scene which I had to rewind and watch several times. :D. The jury is still out about Sophie Turner as Jean Grey though.

Escape from L.A.

If only I warned you before. I saw it on HBO recently and it's awful. Special effects are SyFy Channel bad.

Buscemi is a bright spot, though.

As I wrote that post I was EXACTLY thinking "Scfy channel". I just forgot to write it while I was ripping. :LOL: So good on you for mentioning it.

I like Buscemi but he couldn't help that movie. Russell too. I felt embarrassed FOR Peter Fonda.

How did they think it was good enough to even be released?! Might be the worst movie I've seen this year.

Escape from L.A.

Yeah, Kurt Russell doesn't even save it! Soooo disappointing after Escape from New York!

• Like 1

The King and I. Still one of my favorite musicals.

I also love the Jodie Foster drama Anna And The King. Beautiful movie!

Yeah that's a nice movie too. Have you ever seen the original version with Rex Harrison and Irene Dunne?

• Like 1

Yeah that's a nice movie too. Have you ever seen the original version with Rex Harrison and Irene Dunne?

Yes! Anothee great movie! Aside from an atrocious fantasy animated remake of the musical in the late nineties, I think Hollywood has served this tale well.

My favourite is the Jodie Foster version. I think it is painfully underrated (and for my money one of the great epic historical movies of that decade, alongside similarly underappreciated gems, The Last Of The Mohicans and Legends Of The Fall).

• Like 1

A Million Ways to Die in the West. What a God awful movie. I do have to say one of the worst I have ever seen. Edited by EagleMoon