last movie you watched

sonicjams

Bvmovieposter.jpg

A film that was under my bucket list of films I needed to see for the longest time but never gone about it until now. As sexually uncomfortable as it was, ultimately I thought it was an amazing film by a director I greatly respect (even though I've only seen Eraserhead). Dennis Hopper's character creeped the f**k out of me and my sister in the ways we want to be creeped out. Semi-unrelated, but fact that the new Twin Peaks premiered over the weekend the same time I watched this influenced us to watch the original series (again, something that was on my bucket list but never done 'til now) and now it's been my our TV obsession in many years. Unfortunately, my library doesn't have any other David Lynch films so it's gonna be awhile before I watch another one.

Finally saw that movie on Showtime a few months ago for the first time and Hoppe sure is creepy. They've been playing a lot of his films lately the past few months to tie in. Wouldn't surprise me if they play Mullholland, Dune Elephant and Wild At Heart soon since they have library deals with Paramount, Universal and MGM. Elephant is the only one there I've seen. Saw it in college film class.

• Like 1

Fire Walk With Me. Hadn't seen it in years and wanted to reacquaint myself with the Twin Peaks storyline. Such a sad but happy ending for poor Laura Palmer.

It´s so sad that almost 3000 people died when this happened! Why do the humans have to fight all the time? They should all just sit down and listen to some music and relax.

http://static.rogerebert.com/uploads/movie/movie_poster/world-trade-center-2006/large_xEaLIQfaj60KvSLZROKzgQyhY9Z.jpg

Edited by YYZumbi

V For Vendetta

This used to feel like a fantasy movie.

It now feels like a documentary of life five years from now.

• Like 1

True Lies

Had never seen it before. A couple of cool stunts, a hilarious Paxton, and Curtis in undies sexy dancing give it about 20-25 minutes of goodness and keep it from being a complete failure. The other 2 hours are uninspired, predictable fluff.

Grade: C-

• Like 1

True Lies

Had never seen it before. A couple of cool stunts, a hilarious Paxton, and Curtis in undies sexy dancing give it about 20-25 minutes of goodness and keep it from being a complete failure. The other 2 hours are uninspired, predictable fluff.

Grade: C-

That's about what I would rate it too. One of my least favorite Ahhnold movies.

• Like 1

If it doesn't quit raining/being cloudy, I'm going to go nuts. I think I already have. Watched this again. It is actually the only Jennifer Lopez movie I like. She is very good in it and I always like Edward James Olmos; he plays her dad.

http://i.imgur.com/e40rX5tm.jpg

lead_960.jpg?1464112128

One of the best buddy road trip flicks of all time starring two talented actresses who had the perfect chemistry together. A modern classic.

At the time, Ridley Scott had directed only half a dozen or so movies which included Alien, Blade Runner, and Legend. So this was a major change up.

Grade: A

• Like 4

The Story of Us. What a trainwreck!! It's just a married couple screaming at each other for 90 minutes. At least Bruce Willis had some hair and Michelle Pfeiffer was still in her prime.

lead_960.jpg?1464112128

One of the best buddy road trip flicks of all time starring two talented actresses who had the perfect chemistry together. A modern classic.

At the time, Ridley Scott had directed only half a dozen or so movies which included Alien, Blade Runner, and Legend. So this was a major change up.

Grade: A

Wasn't the first one of his that was different from his usual fare. Apparently, he directed Someone To Watch Over Me, one of his less successful movies.

220px-Doc_FilmPoster.jpeg

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/3591656/images/o-BROOKLYN-facebook.jpg

Checked this out for Mrs. B's sake. She thought it was great. RottenTomatoes shows 97% approval off 222 reviews. I thought it was a little slow, a little predictable but not too much of either. Believable actors and story.

http://i.gzn.jp/img/2015/12/15/star-trek-beyond-trailer/top.jpg

Still doesn't feel like Star Trek to me and I still feel that Karl Urban is the only one that does very well. Having said that, I was entertained and this is a million times better than that Benedict Khan crap that preceded it. Good tribute towards the end to Nimoy and acknowledgment of TOS crew & cast. This might be better than the first reboot.

Side note: Don't know what the feisty albino chick looks like under all that make up but I think she might be pretty hot. :P