last movie you watched

sonicjams

Alien: Covenant

How many stars would you give it? Any comments?

Oh, sorry for forgetting to post a comment about it. I've been letting it sink in for awhile.

I'd probably give it 3 stars (at least) out of 4. Out of all the Alien movies, this one is now my third favorite after Alien and Aliens and also the one I think I'd rewatch most. I've been waiting for a movie to pass up Alien 3 and this finally did it. As for any comments, it was a great movie, in my opinion. I really don't want to say too much more so as not to give anything away.

But, I found it highly enjoyable. And it had nearly as much blood and stuff like that as Resurrection, which made me happy. :]

Edited by LakesideShark
  • Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V66F3WU2CKk

Quite an indictment of the US prison industry and the GOP southern strategy.

Yes, no good can come from for profit prisons. Mr. blues taught at a Quaker school for awhile; their view of purpose, etc of prisons is different and admirable.

http://i.imgur.com/u6oKKDnm.jpg It had Mark Wahlberg and also my man Kurt Russell ! It was a lot better than I thought it would be- interesting, and pretty accurate, according to some film websites.

Alien: Covenant

How many stars would you give it? Any comments?

Oh, sorry for forgetting to post a comment about it. I've been letting it sink in for awhile.

I'd probably give it 3 stars (at least) out of 4. Out of all the Alien movies, this one is now my third favorite after Alien and Aliens and also the one I think I'd rewatch most. I've been waiting for a movie to pass up Alien 3 and this finally did it. As for any comments, it was a great movie, in my opinion. I really don't want to say too much more so as not to give anything away.

But, I found it highly enjoyable. And it had nearly as much blood and stuff like that as Resurrection, which made me happy. :]

I'd grade the Alien series like this...

Alien: A+

Aliens: A

Alien 3: C+

Alien Resurrection: C-

Prometheus: D

Alien vs Predator isn't allowed entry into my School of Alien Filmology. :P

• Like 1

http://i.imgur.com/u6oKKDnm.jpg It had Mark Wahlberg and also my man Kurt Russell ! It was a lot better than I thought it would be- interesting, and pretty accurate, according to some film websites.

Check out Breakdown with Kurt if you haven't already. It's a pretty good suspense/thriller from '97. 30 minutes into it you'll be begging for Kurt to beat someone's ass!!!

• Like 1

Check out Breakdown with Kurt if you haven't already. It's a pretty good suspense/thriller from '97. 30 minutes into it you'll be begging for Kurt to beat someone's ass!!!

Breakdown was sooo creepy- I think I only saw that once, even with Kurt in it !! I end up thinking of it when I'm on back roads and stuff. Good movie though! Don't know why I waited so long to see this one!

• Like 1

The Man Who Fell To The Earth(9.5/10)

I love this movie so much, cept for the sex sceans, those are like a C+.

Is it because they had defined gender roles?

Into the woods

6/10.

The first half is wonderful. if anyone is unfamiler with the stage show......Act 1 on stage is very disney spoof like. so that was right in their range.

Secxond half....."act 2" they whitewash a lot of the stage shows darkness and it just does not work.

half a good film

Mick

• Like 1

Everyone here on TRF was watching quality stuff!

Mr. blues and I turned on " Wrath of the Titans" part way through. Once we figured out why Liam Neeson was playing two different people it was a pretty good action movie! Not quite as good as "Clash of the Titans" though.

Clash of the Titans (1981) > Clash of the Titans (2010) > Wrath of the Titans, although I would give them all around 3 1/2 to 4 stars, the are pretty entertaining.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 3

Into the woods

6/10.

The first half is wonderful. if anyone is unfamiler with the stage show......Act 1 on stage is very disney spoof like. so that was right in their range.

Secxond half....."act 2" they whitewash a lot of the stage shows darkness and it just does not work.

half a good film

Mick

I hated the songs. Oh my days I cannot stand the soundtrack at all. The concept was ok but I couldn't get through this and I love the cast!

• Like 1

Into the woods

6/10.

half a good film

Mick

I hated the songs. Oh my days I cannot stand the soundtrack at all. The concept was ok but I couldn't get through this and I love the cast!

than you'll hate sondheim in general........wait did you like sweeney Todd? the songs i mean.

Mick

Into the woods

6/10.

half a good film

Mick

than you'll hate sondheim in general........wait did you like sweeney Todd? the songs i mean.

Mick

That's to date the only one I enjoy. I enjoy the non-movie version (but as we've discussed I felt the amateur singing suited the style of the movie).

Everything else I have heard has made me want to stab my ears! I have heard Sondheim is a genius in his field so maybe this is another Zappa type black hole in my music tastes lol.

• Like 1

Very different kind of zombies from the ones in The Walking Dead:

Warm_Bodies_Theatrical_Poster.jpg

I loved it