last movie you watched

sonicjams

Sisters.

Was disappointed.

I liked it!

But Tina Fey seems to always settle for middle of the road garbage.

She does this because the awesomeness that is Tina Fey usually cancels everything else out.

I was disappointed in Sisters too. When Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are together, things should turn out much better than that.

• Like 1

WolfCop2014_poster.jpg

That looks terrible. And not in the "so bad it's good" way

It was kind of entertaining, daft but entertaining.

So there was nudity then?

There was a couple of hot chicks but no real exposure.

Shame

Aye, and in fact one of the hot chicks turned into an old woman later in the film!

The White Dragon. Its a Chinese movie from 2004. Sort of a martial arts / romance/ comedy movie all rolled into one. The lead actress plays a character that sort of reminded me of what Buffy the Vampire Slayer was before she became the slayer (although she does change during the movie - just like Buffy's character does during the TV show). All set in Imperial China.

Their is even a scene where the lead actress is playing a number of musical instruments and the scene, how shall I say this, pays homage to Neil Peart of Rush (yes, you read that right!!), Pete Townsend of The Who (yes - watch and you will understand) and other rock musicians. I almost spewed when I watched the scene. Good for this being included in the movie (and, as I chose to take it, respect being paid to Pete, Neil etc, although other might see it is mocking), not good in the way it was done. Just did not feel right.

The first 20 - 30 minutes of the movie - not very good but they have some good parts. Its only after the leading lady is hurt that the movie picks up steam. Then it became (IMO) rather enjoyable. That being said, I like martial arts movies and I will say the movie could have been much, much better than it was.

• Like 1

Pretty typical Horror movie. Not bad, but I hate the ending because the ending doesn't make me feel like justice was served or pissed off that justice wasn't. It's a lame middle-of-the-road "please every audience member" sort of ending. Not necessarily happy, not necessarily sad - all regardless of who you were voting for. This ending had no balls, Suicide Squad had a ballsier ending.

http://www.horrornewsnetwork.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Dont-Breathe-movie-2016-Stephen-Lang.jpg

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire. Rewatching the series. :)

Yay!

I like both these...I actually find Azkaban very overrated...I'm not a fan of a lot of this films visual humour at all.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire. Rewatching the series. :)

Yay!

I like both these...I actually find Azkaban very overrated...I'm not a fan of a lot of this films visual humour at all.

I think my favorite part is the bit with the time turner.

The Boxer starring Daniel Day Lewis.

It's more of a political drama than a boxing drama but that's ok. DDL delivers (yet again). Honestly, HE's kind of like the heavyweight champion of actors. Worth a watch.

Grade: B

I've never enjoyed a single one of his movies. Amazing actor though!

It's more of a political drama than a boxing drama but that's ok. DDL delivers (yet again). Honestly, HE's kind of like the heavyweight champion of actors. Worth a watch.

Yeah I can understand that.

Gangs of New York kind of pissed me off. I figured, since it had DDL & was directed by Scorsese, it HAD TO be good no matter who the other bums in the movie were. Well, I was wrong. Still, he was good in it. It's kind of like Denzel who's always good no matter how crap the movie is.

Yeah I can understand that.

Gangs of New York kind of pissed me off. I figured, since it had DDL & was directed by Scorsese, it HAD TO be good no matter who the other bums in the movie were. Well, I was wrong. Still, he was good in it. It's kind of like Denzel who's always good no matter how crap the movie is.

I just find his choice of weighty movies always feels like a calculated move to win awards. He's amazing but it's like he cannot let go of needing to be in prestige pictures. Everything he does is so hyped. Even Meryl Streep has a career full of odd choices and flimsy fare.

I love his work. Just wish it wasn't always such hard work to enjoy.

• Like 1