last movie you watched

sonicjams

The Martian

For such a big Ridley Scott fan, I only got around to this today!

Wow!

After a few really weak movies Ridley came back with a masterpiece! This might be top four for me.

1. Kingdom Of Heaven (Directors Cut)

2. Alien

3. Blade Runner

4. The Martian

5. Thelma And Louise

For whatever reason, I always forget that Thelma & Louise is a Scott film. Very good movie.

I think I asked you this before: What about American Gangster? Not top 5 or challenging for top 5? That's a pretty good one if you haven't seen it.

I think I made a top 5 Scott list a few months ago but this is it today:

1) Alien

2) Gladiator

3) Blade Runner

4) American Gangster

5) The Martian

(Thelma & Louise would be #6)

American Gangster I have on DVD...not yet seen.

Tried Body Of Lies tonight as well. Not impressed but not hating it either.

Overboard for the 815th time . . . love me some Kurt Russell !

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/7887e115c1ab61dc10f00c23efef0565.jpg

I love this film!

• Like 1

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/7887e115c1ab61dc10f00c23efef0565.jpg

Yeah, he's awesome. And so versatile. He's one of the rare breed that can really pull off any genre.

Somehow I've never seen Overboard.

• Like 1

http://blogs-images.forbes.com/scottmendelson/files/2016/03/zootopiaposter1.jpg

Top two film of the year for me so far, sharing top billing with the Japanese anime The Boy And The Beast.

What did you think? To my mind it's one of the all time classic Disney animations.

Yeah, he's awesome. And so versatile. He's one of the rare breed that can really pull off any genre.

I was reluctant to see Overboard but my dad bought it on DVD so I gave it a shot and I find it to be one of the funniest films of the eighties. It introduced me to Goldie Hawn as well, I love her!

It's worth a shot! Good old fashioned fun!

• Like 1

I was reluctant to see Overboard but my dad bought it on DVD so I gave it a shot and I find it to be one of the funniest films of the eighties. It introduced me to Goldie Hawn as well, I love her!

She's awesome too! I especially liked her in Seems Like Old Times.

One movie that Kurt never seems to be associated with is Vanilla Sky. He was great in that!

• Like 1

One movie that Kurt never seems to be associated with is Vanilla Sky. He was great in that!

Another Vanilla Sky fan?!

I've noticed it seems to get more love nowadays. It seemed like everyone but me hated it for ages but lately I've spoken to plenty who enjoy it.

• Like 1

I've noticed it seems to get more love nowadays. It seemed like everyone but me hated it for ages but lately I've spoken to plenty who enjoy it.

I've been talking about Vanilla Sky pretty much since I joined TRF. In fact, I've said many times that this is the last good Cameron Crowe movie that I've seen. [Crowe was quality in the 80s-90s].

It's also one of Cruise's best...and I'm not too big of a Cruise fan.

I've been talking about Vanilla Sky pretty much since I joined TRF. In fact, I've said many times that this is the last good Cameron Crowe movie that I've seen. [Crowe was quality in the 80s-90s].

I have such a mixed view of Tom Cruise...I love to be annoyed by him it seems, because I can't stand him but love his movies.

And I remember now we have discussed Cameron Crow before!

I have such a mixed view of Tom Cruise...I love to be annoyed by him it seems, because I can't stand him but love his movies.

Ive got a mixed view of him too. He'll go and make some brilliant stuff like Vanilla Sky and Magnolia then churn out 3 or 4 by-the-book sci-fi/action fluff like...well, pick some. :LOL:

Oh, last time we were talking about Crowe we were definitely ripping on Elizabethtown and maybe We Bought A Zoo too. Those two flicks seemed like someone doing a bad job of copying a Crowe flick. Unfortunately, it really was Crowe making those movies. Maybe he was doing a bad job copying himself?

• Like 1

Ive got a mixed view of him too. He'll go and make some brilliant stuff like Vanilla Sky and Magnolia then churn out 3 or 4 by-the-book sci-fi/action fluff like...well, pick some. :LOL:

Oh, last time we were talking about Crowe we were definitely ripping on Elizabethtown and maybe We Bought A Zoo too. Those two flicks seemed like someone doing a bad job of copying a Crowe flick. Unfortunately, it really was Crowe making those movies. Maybe he was doing a bad job copying himself?

And let's not forget Aloha. Were it not for McAdams and Stone, I'd avoid. I love Stone, but she does not look Asian at all.

220px-Kate_and_leopold_ver2.jpg