405 replies to this topic

#41 Babycat

Babycat

Party Animal

• Members *
  • 79165 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 20 2011, 09:28 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 20 2011, 11:17 AM)
I need to start shaving my legs for Friday drag night so I can switch from opaque stockings to sheer. Any tips??

unsure.gif  ph34r.gif

ph34r.gif

bolt.gif

Shave in the bathtub. You get a cleaner, closer shave (IMO) when you give those pesty hairs a chance to soak in hot water. Plus, no goosebumps in a hot bathtub. Shaving with goosebumps only results in a poor shave and nasty red bumps. Don't use lathered soap to shave. Use a good shaving creme and always, ALWAYS use a fresh, new, clean razor. Don't use dull razors to shave. That'll only result in a poor shave and those nasty red bumps.

If you're going to wax, go to a professional. It's just easier and quicker.

...wax..? Owch - oh, the pain, the pain..!

ph34r.gif  

Sponsored Post

#42 Janie

Janie

Rush Caption Queen

• Members *
  • 16549 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 20 2011, 11:50 AM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Oct 20 2011, 01:43 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 20 2011, 07:41 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Oct 20 2011, 01:40 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 20 2011, 07:37 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Oct 20 2011, 01:36 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 20 2011, 07:26 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 20 2011, 01:17 PM)
I need to start shaving my legs for Friday drag night so I can switch from opaque stockings to sheer. Any tips??

unsure.gif  ph34r.gif

ph34r.gif

bolt.gif

huh.gif

Uhhhh.., is Duck telling us something we don't know..? unsure.gif

ohmy.gif

ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif

unsure.gif  

ph34r.gif

You were the one posting about shaving your legs for drag, Duck - notme..!   tongue.gif

ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif

unsure.gif  unsure.gif  unsure.gif

bolt.gif

z7shysterical.gif

wink.gif

Ever use that cream, Immac/Veet/Neet, wow that stinks like something died!  wacko.gif  ph34r.gif  huh.gif  cool10.gif

Tried it once. On a sensitive body part. I will never do that again. The smell was awful and I swear I had some chemical burn.

Yeah. Down there.

No thanks.

#43 Babycat

Babycat

Party Animal

• Members *
  • 79165 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 20 2011, 09:32 PM)

unsure.gif  ph34r.gif

ph34r.gif

bolt.gif

huh.gif

ohmy.gif

unsure.gif  

ph34r.gif

You were the one posting about shaving your legs for drag, Duck - notme..!   tongue.gif

bolt.gif

z7shysterical.gif

wink.gif

Ever use that cream, Immac/Veet/Neet, wow that stinks like something died!  wacko.gif  ph34r.gif  huh.gif  cool10.gif

Tried it once. On a sensitive body part. I will never do that again. The smell was awful and I swear I had some chemical burn.

Yeah. Down there.

No thanks.

ohmy.gif  owwwwwwwch!!!  ohmy.gif

hug2.gif  

#44 Janie

Janie

Rush Caption Queen

• Members *
  • 16549 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 20 2011, 01:31 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 20 2011, 03:28 PM)

unsure.gif  ph34r.gif

ph34r.gif

bolt.gif

Shave in the bathtub. You get a cleaner, closer shave (IMO) when you give those pesty hairs a chance to soak in hot water. Plus, no goosebumps in a hot bathtub. Shaving with goosebumps only results in a poor shave and nasty red bumps. Don't use lathered soap to shave. Use a good shaving creme and always, ALWAYS use a fresh, new, clean razor. Don't use dull razors to shave. That'll only result in a poor shave and those nasty red bumps.

wink.gif

cool10.gif

Years ago I had a guy friend who was using one of those epilator things (can't remember the name of it ATM) -- it was a little hand-held thing that basically ripped the hair out.

He used this once.

With a pained expression on his face, he showed me the result.

It looked like a wolverine had chewed up his legs.

#45 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 83442 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 20 2011, 03:32 PM)

unsure.gif  ph34r.gif

ph34r.gif

bolt.gif

huh.gif

ohmy.gif

unsure.gif  

ph34r.gif

bolt.gif

z7shysterical.gif

wink.gif

Yeah. Down there.

No thanks.

oooo painful...wacko.gif

I got the empathy tingles now

AlienSmiley.gif  

#46 Janie

Janie

Rush Caption Queen

• Members *
  • 16549 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE (Babycat @ Oct 20 2011, 01:32 PM)

unsure.gif  ph34r.gif

ph34r.gif

bolt.gif

ph34r.gif

We had a fascinating thread about this a few years back.  laugh.gif

At the time, I was the only one who had a Brazillian on a regular basis. I actually went into detail.

You know what though? The more times you rip the hair out, the less painful it is.

I pluck my eyebrows daily and have since I was like 11 years old. I have zero sensation in my eyebrows now.

I can't even believe the things I'm willing to admit here.

#47 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 83442 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 20 2011, 03:42 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Oct 20 2011, 01:32 PM)

unsure.gif  ph34r.gif

ph34r.gif

bolt.gif

ph34r.gif

We had a fascinating thread about this a few years back.  laugh.gif

At the time, I was the only one who had a Brazillian on a regular basis. I actually went into detail.

You know what though? The more times you rip the hair out, the less painful it is.

I pluck my eyebrows daily and have since I was like 11 years old. I have zero sensation in my eyebrows now.

I can't even believe the things I'm willing to admit here.

You've not even got started yet!

biggrin.gif  

#48 1 of the 7

1 of the 7

Geddy, Geddy, Gumdrops!

• Members
  • 11919 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 19 2011, 08:56 PM)
OMG! Doesn't leg stubble drive you crazy!?

Nope! Maybe slightly when it's in that in-between shaven and grown out stage. Admittedly, I'm losing a lot of my hair all over my body, so I don't have nearly the amount I used to. It seems to me I did notice it more back in the day. It almost felt (and still does) weird shaven.

I really should not be a girl! haha! tongue.gif  

#49 Sir Lerxst

Sir Lerxst

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:15 PM

I do often see some women who go around with shaved arms, legs and whatnot, yet they fail to address their facial hair.

Not to sound rude - but some women do grow small amounts of facial hair, which is perfectly natural. But surely that would be the very first place to get treatment as and when hair grows there.

Edited by Sir Lerxst, 20 October 2011 - 08:16 PM.

#50 danielmclark

danielmclark

The Professor

• Members
  • 4076 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE (Sir Lerxst @ Oct 20 2011, 07:15 PM)
I do often see some women who go around with shaved arms, legs and whatnot, yet they fail to address their facial hair.

Not to sound rude - but some women do grow small amounts of facial hair, which is perfectly natural. But surely that would be the very first place to get treatment as and when hair grows there.

I went out with a girl in college who had very light colored hair. We went for drinks, one thing led to another, and when I kissed her it felt like I was kissing a guy. The hair over her lip was so coarse I don't know how I missed it, looking at her. It stopped at the kissin' and I never pursued the relationship.

#51 HowItIs

HowItIs

Goddess in our Garden

• Members *
  • 6072 posts
  • Interests:Well, Rush of course..... Other Prog bands including Genesis, Yes, ELP. Reading, always reading. Stephen King, Carl Hiaasen, any kind of Non-Fiction and, naturally, Neil's books. Collecting; Fenton glass, Frankoma pottery, Disneyland souvenirs. Movies; we have about 300 DVDs. Word puzzles; crosswords and the like. Politics; I'm a writer for a political blog and a proud Progressive.

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:35 AM

rofl3.gif

I was going to suggest to treeduck that he try an Epilady! Gawd, I tried one when they first started advertising them and - holy sh1t!! It was like having a horde of small animals ripping my hair out byt the root. Well, it was being ripped out by the root... user posted image

BTW, I am quite aware of facial hair. Being a brunette, it will come in pretty dark. I have one of those little mini-shavers - the one they advertise for eyebrows - and run that over my face and neck every few weeks. It sure beats that facial bleach. Not sure about you other brunettes, but my leg hair resists any Nair or similar treatment - I can leave it on for an hour but still have to end up shaving anyway. Also, I did wax my legs once with the cold wax (it's kinda like really thick honey) before a trip to Hawai'i so I wouldn't need to shave for 2 weeks. Ha! The joke was on me as my leg hair grows at different rates, apparently.  wacko.gif  

#52 Babycat

Babycat

Party Animal

• Members *
  • 79165 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:33 AM

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Oct 21 2011, 08:35 AM)
rofl3.gif

I was going to suggest to treeduck that he try an Epilady! Gawd, I tried one when they first started advertising them and - holy sh1t!! It was like having a horde of small animals ripping my hair out byt the root. Well, it was being ripped out by the root... user posted image

BTW, I am quite aware of facial hair. Being a brunette, it will come in pretty dark. I have one of those little mini-shavers - the one they advertise for eyebrows - and run that over my face and neck every few weeks. It sure beats that facial bleach. Not sure about you other brunettes, but my leg hair resists any Nair or similar treatment - I can leave it on for an hour but still have to end up shaving anyway. Also, I did wax my legs once with the cold wax (it's kinda like really thick honey) before a trip to Hawai'i so I wouldn't need to shave for 2 weeks. Ha! The joke was on me as my leg hair grows at different rates, apparently.  wacko.gif

I'd been thinking of an Epilady, til I read this post, and thought better of it as I'm too much of a wimp to deal with the pain..! Plucking, waxing... *Yowl..!*  wacko.gif  scared.gif  wacko.gif  scared.gif

ph34r.gif  

#53 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 83442 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:38 AM

QUOTE (Babycat @ Oct 21 2011, 03:33 AM)
rofl3.gif

BTW, I am quite aware of facial hair. Being a brunette, it will come in pretty dark. I have one of those little mini-shavers - the one they advertise for eyebrows - and run that over my face and neck every few weeks. It sure beats that facial bleach. Not sure about you other brunettes, but my leg hair resists any Nair or similar treatment - I can leave it on for an hour but still have to end up shaving anyway. Also, I did wax my legs once with the cold wax (it's kinda like really thick honey) before a trip to Hawai'i so I wouldn't need to shave for 2 weeks. Ha! The joke was on me as my leg hair grows at different rates, apparently.  wacko.gif

I'd been thinking of an Epilady, til I read this post, and thought better of it as I'm too much of a wimp to deal with the pain..! Plucking, waxing... *Yowl..!*  wacko.gif  scared.gif  wacko.gif  scared.gif

ph34r.gif

I'm on it...

cool.gif  wink.gif  

#54 Janie

Janie

Rush Caption Queen

• Members *
  • 16549 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 21 2011, 02:38 AM)
rofl3.gif

ph34r.gif

I'm on it...

cool.gif  wink.gif

You're on it? The Epilady? Did you not read what me and HII said about those things? I compared it to a wolverine chewing on my friends leg and HII said basically the same thing. DON'T DO IT MAN!

Unless you're into pain.

And if it is, then rev that thing up and rip away.

#55 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 83442 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 21 2011, 04:38 AM)
rofl3.gif

ph34r.gif

I'm on it...

cool.gif  wink.gif

laugh.gif  wink.gif  

#56 Janie

Janie

Rush Caption Queen

• Members *
  • 16549 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Oct 21 2011, 12:35 AM)
BTW, I am quite aware of facial hair. Being a brunette, it will come in pretty dark. I have one of those little mini-shavers - the one they advertise for eyebrows - and run that over my face and neck every few weeks. It sure beats that facial bleach. Not sure about you other brunettes, but my leg hair resists any Nair or similar treatment - I can leave it on for an hour but still have to end up shaving anyway. Also, I did wax my legs once with the cold wax (it's kinda like really thick honey) before a trip to Hawai'i so I wouldn't need to shave for 2 weeks. Ha! The joke was on me as my leg hair grows at different rates, apparently.  wacko.gif

I will never try Nair again.

Plucking/Waxing... like I said, once you do it enough times, the pain goes away and the area turns numb, basically. Besides, even if you do feel pain, it only lasts a second and then goes away.

It's almost sexy to get a Brazilian. I mean, afterwards it's sexy because everything’s all smooth but the act of getting it is crazy sexy. They have to oil and powder and prep the area...

Anyway.

I don't understand why some women bleach their facial hair. We can still see your hair and now it stands out even more because it's all white.

And...

Women, if you have stray eyebrow hairs - pluck them. If you have mustache hairs - pluck them. The hair won't grow back as fast as shaving, plus you won't have stubble and really, only men should have stubble on their faces.

Women AND men, PLUCK. NOSE. HAIRS. Yeah, it hurts. Nostril hair is unsightly. Just pluck the damn things out. Some people have nostril hair so thick and long it looks like it could be braided.

#57 Babycat

Babycat

Party Animal

• Members *
  • 79165 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 21 2011, 08:30 PM)

Plucking/Waxing... like I said, once you do it enough times, the pain goes away and the area turns numb, basically. Besides, even if you do feel pain, it only lasts a second and then goes away.

It's almost sexy to get a Brazilian. I mean, afterwards it's sexy because everything’s all smooth but the act of getting it is crazy sexy. They have to oil and powder and prep the area...

Anyway.

I don't understand why some women bleach their facial hair. We can still see your hair and now it stands out even more because it's all white.

And...

Women, if you have stray eyebrow hairs - pluck them. If you have mustache hairs - pluck them. The hair won't grow back as fast as shaving, plus you won't have stubble and really, only men should have stubble on their faces.

Women AND men, PLUCK. NOSE. HAIRS. Yeah, it hurts. Nostril hair is unsightly. Just pluck the damn things out. Some people have nostril hair so thick and long it looks like it could be braided.

Re the Brazilian: it might be 'sexy' to be smooth in that region, but once it starts to grow back, isn't it pretty much itchy as heck?

Don't guys usually have tears in their eyes when they pluck their nasal hair?

#58 Janie

Janie

Rush Caption Queen

• Members *
  • 16549 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE (Babycat @ Oct 21 2011, 12:35 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 21 2011, 08:30 PM)

Anyway.

And...

Re the Brazilian: it might be 'sexy' to be smooth in that region, but once it starts to grow back, isn't it pretty much itchy as heck?

No. You know the crazy thing? It grows back baby soft. Not like leg hair.

Although (again, I can't believe the things I admit here sometimes)... I use a sugar scrub and a cotton ball drenched with Witch Hazel to protect against ingrown hairs and stuff. Maybe that helps make things soft. Dunno.

Once a week, I use the sugar scrub all over as an exfoliator. Right now I'm using Tree Hut's Olive & Shea Sugar Body Scrub in vanilla spice. It smells so good!

#59 LeaveMyThingAlone

LeaveMyThingAlone

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3091 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 19 2011, 09:09 PM)
QUOTE (Kenneth @ Oct 19 2011, 04:55 PM)
Think about this one. Why?

If you do, then why not get your arms while you're at it? Smooth arms are as equally attractive as smooth legs if you ask me, and hairly legs aren't unnatractive to begin with. We live in a conditioned world, indeed yes.gif

Disagreeing here. I'm hetero but if I was going to make out with a girl, I would want her hairless. The both of us would have to make hairless girl love at night after the tub.

I have subscribed to this thread and am patiently awaiting the continuation of this post

#60 Janie

Janie

Rush Caption Queen

• Members *
  • 16549 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Oct 21 2011, 12:52 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 19 2011, 09:09 PM)
QUOTE (Kenneth @ Oct 19 2011, 04:55 PM)
Think about this one. Why?

If you do, then why not get your arms while you're at it? Smooth arms are as equally attractive as smooth legs if you ask me, and hairly legs aren't unnatractive to begin with. We live in a conditioned world, indeed yes.gif

Disagreeing here. I'm hetero but if I was going to make out with a girl, I would want her hairless. The both of us would have to make hairless girl love at night after the tub.

I have subscribed to this thread and am patiently awaiting the continuation of this post

laugh.gif

Just speaking the truth man!

And... I think I've surpassed my honesty allotment for one thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users