Why do you shave your legs?

Mr. Not

QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Oct 20 2011, 10:03 AM)
QUOTE (Kenneth @ Oct 19 2011, 07:55 PM)
Think about this one. Why?

If you do, then why not get your arms while you're at it? Smooth arms are as equally attractive as smooth legs if you ask me, and hairly legs aren't unnatractive to begin with. We live in a conditioned world, indeed yes.gif

Hairy legs are nasty Kenneth. So are hairy armpits. Most men like their woman's legs to be smooth...I know mine does wink.gif

Not nasty, just not quite as nice. wink.gif

It doesn't matter to me really. I just found it interesting, and felt kind of guilty, when my girly felt insecure because she didn't shave her legs.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Oct 19 2011, 09:06 PM)
QUOTE (Kenneth @ Oct 19 2011, 05:55 PM)

If you do, then why not get your arms while you're at it? Smooth arms are as equally attractive as smooth legs if you ask me, and hairly legs aren't unnatractive to begin with. We live in a conditioned world, indeed yes.gif

For the same reason that you cut your hair, shave your face, trim your beard if you have one, wear deodorant or take showers - it's just the way things are done.

Unless you're prepared to say that everyone should stop cutting/shaving hair all over the rest of their bodies (including above the shoulders) then picking on the shaving of legs seems rather arbitrary.

Fair comparison.

Right, becuase it's what's socially and culturly acceptable.

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Oct 20 2011, 01:43 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Oct 19 2011, 09:06 PM)
QUOTE (Kenneth @ Oct 19 2011, 05:55 PM)

For the same reason that you cut your hair, shave your face, trim your beard if you have one, wear deodorant or take showers - it's just the way things are done.

Unless you're prepared to say that everyone should stop cutting/shaving hair all over the rest of their bodies (including above the shoulders) then picking on the shaving of legs seems rather arbitrary.

Fair comparison.

Right, becuase it's what's socially and culturly acceptable.

Yep. Nothin' more to it than that, really - IMO.

QUOTE (librarian @ Oct 20 2011, 10:42 AM)
legs and armpits. armpits and legs.

Hate shaving legs in winter, itchy as all hell.
I didn't know people shaved the rest of their arms. confused13.gif
learn something new every day here at the Forum... smile.gif

Even though I'm a bit of a tomboy, I can be pretty hyper about my femininity. I can only assume that other women who shave their entire arms share my hatred of all things personal body hair.

Usually, the only hair on my body is the stuff on my head. I just do... not... like... body... hair.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 20 2011, 11:17 AM)
I need to start shaving my legs for Friday drag night so I can switch from opaque stockings to sheer. Any tips??

unsure.gif ph34r.gif

ph34r.gif

bolt.gif

Shave in the bathtub. You get a cleaner, closer shave (IMO) when you give those pesty hairs a chance to soak in hot water. Plus, no goosebumps in a hot bathtub. Shaving with goosebumps only results in a poor shave and nasty red bumps. Don't use lathered soap to shave. Use a good shaving creme and always, ALWAYS use a fresh, new, clean razor. Don't use dull razors to shave. That'll only result in a poor shave and those nasty red bumps.

If you're going to wax, go to a professional. It's just easier and quicker.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 20 2011, 11:31 AM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Oct 20 2011, 10:32 AM)
I shave legs and underarms daily. 

I am a brunette and the hair on my arms isn't pale by any means, but I'd never considering shaving my arms.  I don't know, obviously it's more of just a societal standard to shave legs, but I'd feel weird if I didn't.

The hair on my arms doesn't detract from my femininity.  So I have been told. wink.gif

I'm reading this, thinking, "Shave your ARMS?" confused13.gif Under them, yeah! But, the whole arm? Wouldn't the hair grow back super dark like on your legs? If it's not distracting, I'm not going to start doing something that I'm gonna have to KEEP doing forever. The hair on mine is pretty light, so I'll skip that. I don't want to complicate my shower routine any more than it already is. wacko.gif

It's a total and complete myth that shaved hair grows back darker, thicker, etc. It may appear to grow back differently but it does not.

The only thing about shaving the arms and legs on a daily basis is that it's time-consuming. But I don't care! I like to be all nice and clean-shaven. A freshly shaved bod makes me purr like a little kitten.

QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 20 2011, 03:28 PM)
I need to start shaving my legs for Friday drag night so I can switch from opaque stockings to sheer. Any tips??

unsure.gif  ph34r.gif

ph34r.gif

bolt.gif

Shave in the bathtub. You get a cleaner, closer shave (IMO) when you give those pesty hairs a chance to soak in hot water. Plus, no goosebumps in a hot bathtub. Shaving with goosebumps only results in a poor shave and nasty red bumps. Don't use lathered soap to shave. Use a good shaving creme and always, ALWAYS use a fresh, new, clean razor. Don't use dull razors to shave. That'll only result in a poor shave and those nasty red bumps.

wink.gif

cool10.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 20 2011, 09:28 PM)

unsure.gif  ph34r.gif

ph34r.gif

bolt.gif

...wax..? Owch - oh, the pain, the pain..!

ph34r.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 19 2011, 08:56 PM)
OMG! Doesn't leg stubble drive you crazy!?

Nope! Maybe slightly when it's in that in-between shaven and grown out stage. Admittedly, I'm losing a lot of my hair all over my body, so I don't have nearly the amount I used to. It seems to me I did notice it more back in the day. It almost felt (and still does) weird shaven.

I really should not be a girl! haha! tongue.gif

I do often see some women who go around with shaved arms, legs and whatnot, yet they fail to address their facial hair.

Not to sound rude - but some women do grow small amounts of facial hair, which is perfectly natural. But surely that would be the very first place to get treatment as and when hair grows there.

Edited by Sir Lerxst

QUOTE (Sir Lerxst @ Oct 20 2011, 07:15 PM)
I do often see some women who go around with shaved arms, legs and whatnot, yet they fail to address their facial hair.

Not to sound rude - but some women do grow small amounts of facial hair, which is perfectly natural. But surely that would be the very first place to get treatment as and when hair grows there.

I went out with a girl in college who had very light colored hair. We went for drinks, one thing led to another, and when I kissed her it felt like I was kissing a guy. The hair over her lip was so coarse I don't know how I missed it, looking at her. It stopped at the kissin' and I never pursued the relationship.