Why do you shave your legs?

Mr. Not

Think about this one. Why?

If you do, then why not get your arms while you're at it? Smooth arms are as equally attractive as smooth legs if you ask me, and hairly legs aren't unnatractive to begin with. We live in a conditioned world, indeed yes.gif

• Like 1

I only do in the summer right before I'm about to go swimming (which is about every weekend) or wear shorts (rarely), and only because I'm self-conscious of the stares/comments I'd get if I didn't. Nobody's going to stare/comment on my arms.

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Oct 19 2011, 05:36 PM)
I only do in the summer right before I'm about to go swimming (which is about every weekend) or wear shorts (rarely), and only because I'm self-conscious of the stares/comments I'd get if I didn't. Nobody's going to stare/comment on my arms.

Reasonable

But why should it be this way to begin with? That's what I'm wondering.

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Oct 19 2011, 09:02 PM)

Reasonable

But why should it be this way to begin with? That's what I'm wondering.

Because that's what our society says is acceptable and "normal"; that doesn't make it right.

I, for one, like that most girls shave their legs.

OMG! Doesn't leg stubble drive you crazy!?

What a total TMI post this is going to be!

I shave my legs every single day, day in and day out. I also shave my arms so essentially, I shave half my body every day. I hate, absolutely hate body hair. I used to get my arms waxed but then found it was quicker and less painful to just shave.

I always notice girls arm hair. I have dark hair and so the look of it drives me crazy which is why I choose to get rid of it. Even though there's not a ton of it. I always find myself staring at arm hair though. There's a friend of a friend who has arms as hairy as an ape. I am not kidding.

I love hair on guys though. Except back hair. I like men with hairy arms, chest and legs. But on me, hate it! Plus, there's nothing sexier than getting out of the tub at night and getting right into bed all naked and hairless. Feels soooo good.

Don't get me started on scary eyebrows and nose hairs.

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Oct 19 2011, 04:55 PM)

If you do, then why not get your arms while you're at it? Smooth arms are as equally attractive as smooth legs if you ask me, and hairly legs aren't unnatractive to begin with. We live in a conditioned world, indeed yes.gif

My question to you, Kenneth, is why do you shave your legs?

Disagreeing here. I'm hetero but if I was going to make out with a girl, I would want her hairless. The both of us would have to make hairless girl love at night after the tub.

QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 19 2011, 07:09 PM)

Disagreeing here. I'm hetero but if I was going to make out with a girl, I would want her hairless. The both of us would have to make hairless girl love at night after the tub.

Go on... unsure.gif ph34r.gif

A little history here: During WWII, nylon was scarce, being used for parachutes and such in the war. Silk was not available, and so women shaved their legs to make it look like they wore nylons. Some went so far as to paint a line up the back of their legs to mimic the seam in the nylons.

Skirt lengths were a lot longer then, so they could get away with it, or so they thought.

So that's where it started boys! old.gif

• Like 1

I love that feeling when I'm just out of the shower and I run a hand up my legs and it's smooth. Also I put lotion on every day because I have dry skin and I hate that stubble-y feeling. Eek. Besides, during the winter I'm at the gym (since it's too cold to bike outside or walk or whatever) so I'm wearing shorts pretty much year-round.

I don't shave my arms because.. well, I don't know why I don't. It's not stubble-y like sometimes hair on your knees can get (that's the worst). I have really pretty light skin on my arms, anyways, so it doesn't show.

Besides, I hate nylons! So when I wear dresses, skirts, etc. if you shave well enough you don't need them. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Oct 19 2011, 05:55 PM)

For the same reason that you cut your hair, shave your face, trim your beard if you have one, wear deodorant or take showers - it's just the way things are done.

Unless you're prepared to say that everyone should stop cutting/shaving hair all over the rest of their bodies (including above the shoulders) then picking on the shaving of legs seems rather arbitrary.

Edited by danielmclark

QUOTE (Chicken hawk @ Oct 19 2011, 07:14 PM)
The smooth feeling on my legs when you put pants on. wink.gif
Doesnt have to be shorts season.

yes.gif

And against the sheets. I keep mine shaved all year 'round, too. Stubble drives me nuts. I know, I know.... short trip. tongue.gif

I'm another who shaves them all year round. Obsessive about it, I am. Every day. I cannot stand the feel of stubble rubbing against my jeans.

What's really gross is when women think wearing nylons hides the fact that they haven't shaved their legs since the Reagan administration. It doesn't. The hairs all curl up and tangle in little ugly wads under the nylon, and it's totally visible. Ick.

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Oct 20 2011, 03:43 AM)
QUOTE (Chicken hawk @ Oct 19 2011, 07:14 PM)
The smooth feeling on my legs when you put pants on. wink.gif
Doesnt have to be shorts season.

yes.gif

And against the sheets. I keep mine shaved all year 'round, too. Stubble drives me nuts. I know, I know.... short trip. tongue.gif

Ahh yes on the sheets too!

I shave legs and underarms daily.

I am a brunette and the hair on my arms isn't pale by any means, but I'd never considering shaving my arms. I don't know, obviously it's more of just a societal standard to shave legs, but I'd feel weird if I didn't.

The hair on my arms doesn't detract from my femininity. So I have been told. wink.gif

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Oct 19 2011, 07:55 PM)

Hairy legs are nasty Kenneth. So are hairy armpits. Most men like their woman's legs to be smooth...I know mine does wink.gif

legs and armpits. armpits and legs.

Hate shaving legs in winter, itchy as all hell.

I didn't know people shaved the rest of their arms. confused13.gif

learn something new every day here at the Forum... smile.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Oct 20 2011, 10:32 AM)
I shave legs and underarms daily.

I am a brunette and the hair on my arms isn't pale by any means, but I'd never considering shaving my arms. I don't know, obviously it's more of just a societal standard to shave legs, but I'd feel weird if I didn't.

The hair on my arms doesn't detract from my femininity. So I have been told. wink.gif

I'm reading this, thinking, "Shave your ARMS?" confused13.gif Under them, yeah! But, the whole arm? Wouldn't the hair grow back super dark like on your legs? If it's not distracting, I'm not going to start doing something that I'm gonna have to KEEP doing forever. The hair on mine is pretty light, so I'll skip that. I don't want to complicate my shower routine any more than it already is. wacko.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 20 2011, 07:26 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 20 2011, 01:17 PM)
I need to start shaving my legs for Friday drag night so I can switch from opaque stockings to sheer. Any tips??

unsure.gif  ph34r.gif

ph34r.gif

bolt.gif

huh.gif

Uhhhh.., is Duck telling us something we don't know..? unsure.gif

ohmy.gif