Outdoor/sports wear.

Jack Aubrey

For me, it's Columbia. Every item of Columbia clothing and footwear I've bought has been both tough and dependable. For example, I went to the sporting goods store last month to get a pair of hiking shoes. I started with the Merrells because I have a pair of their casual mocs and I like them a lot. I started with the least expensive Merrells and they sucked, the secondmost expensive did as well, and so on. Even the top of the line Merrells just didn't feel right. I looked at the end of the rack and saw a pair of Columbia shoes for fifty bucks. They're extraordinarily comfortable and fit like a glove.

The best place I've found for Columbia clothes is Sports Authority and you will find something cool even on the clearance rack more often then not.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Oct 4 2011, 01:25 PM)
For me, it's Columbia. Every item of Columbia clothing and footwear I've bought has been both tough and dependable. For example, I went to the sporting goods store last month to get a pair of hiking shoes. I started with the Merrells because I have a pair of their casual mocs and I like them a lot. I started with the least expensive Merrells and they sucked, the secondmost expensive did as well, and so on. Even the top of the line Merrells just didn't feel right. I looked at the end of the rack and saw a pair of Columbia shoes for fifty bucks. They're extraordinarily comfortable and fit like a glove.

The best place I've found for Columbia clothes is Sports Authority and you will find something cool even on the clearance rack more often then not.

I agree - I bought Columbia boots and ski jacket (nearly paper thin but warmer than a parka)

I got it at REI

I wear a fair amount of LL Bean.

I love my LL Bean field coat.

field coat

I'm not very brand loyal. I get a lot of stuff on sale at Bass Pro shops.

My ski jacket is a Columbia

My hunting jacket is Browning

My hunting boots are LaCrosse

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Oct 4 2011, 07:21 PM)
Frogg Toggs - Cheap but highly effective rain protection - comfortable and stylish -

I like those! I have the DriDuck Trail Pack and they're great.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Oct 4 2011, 02:51 PM)

field coat

I'm not very brand loyal. I get a lot of stuff on sale at Bass Pro shops.

Thats a great looking coat. I have a Columbia winter coat I got as a gift and its really comfortable and warm.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Oct 4 2011, 08:36 PM)
QUOTE (alphseeker @ Oct 4 2011, 07:21 PM)
Frogg Toggs - Cheap but highly effective rain protection - comfortable and stylish -

I like those! I have the DriDuck Trail Pack and they're great.

I have a set for work - and a jacket for cycling - I stay completely dry and they breath perfectly - Again for the price i'll take these any day -

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Oct 4 2011, 08:44 PM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Oct 4 2011, 02:51 PM)

field coat

I'm not very brand loyal.  I get a lot of stuff on sale at Bass Pro shops.

Thats a great looking coat. I have a Columbia winter coat I got as a gift and its really comfortable and warm.

I love it. I can wear it when I work out side, and if it gets filthy, I just take out the liner and throw it in the wash.

I have 4 different types and colors of running/walking shoes. I just look for comfort and good looks and could care less about brand to be honest. I wear Adidas Samba just as my everyday kicking around shoes. They are comfortable and casual but not to casual. I really don't like wearing sneakers out and about unless I am going to workout. Since I am wearing alot of shorts these days I may start wearing the sneaks every now and then...
  • Like 1

I have 4 different types and colors of running/walking shoes. I just look for comfort and good looks and could care less about brand to be honest. I wear Adidas Samba just as my everyday kicking around shoes. They are comfortable and casual but not to casual. I really don't like wearing sneakers out and about unless I am going to workout. Since I am wearing alot of shorts these days I may start wearing the sneaks every now and then...

Love that fairly new airport they have now in Myrtle Beach.

Under Armour is fast becoming my favorite atheletic wear.

New Balance to fit my surgical repaired foot.

Reef sandals with bottle opener on the bottom.

Merrells for comfort shoes.

Rain jackets LL Bean or Columbia

Favorite sporting good store REI however can't find any here in S Florida so Bass Sports Shop will have to do.

I am not entirely brand loyal, but I prefer Columbia for most outer wear and have the benefit of a large outlet mall location not far away (but you have to be careful because sometimes the outlet items are not necessarily overruns, but are instead irregular, one-offs, or even slightly different models). Even here in Texas, we need some cool weather gear, particularly when you do some elevation hikes in Big Bend, so I tend to do all seasons in Columbia.

Hikers and shoes are mostly New Balance for me, but that's because I have wide feet and they tend to have the most variety and widths.

Riding gear, I am very partial to Specialized materials for helmets, gloves, riding shorts, shoes (they do carry wides, but not with much style) etc. I prefer Shimano cleats. I am dead set on Oakley's for riding glasses. I use the interchangeable lenses and there is a definite value and difference in using the right color for different riding conditions.

Water carrying tends to be Camelback, but that's mostly because I can interchange the bladders with the packs.