Nightwish

physics23

Got tickets for my friend and I for March 23rd of next year. I don't even plan out what i'm gonna do tomorrow too far in advance and these guys are booking world tours nine months from now :LOL:

They're actually mailing me real tickets as well! I am overjoyed by this since that seems to be happening less and less these days. Most of my recent ticket purchases only giving the option to send a "mobile ticket" to your phone. Those aren't souvenirs from the show dammit.

Looking forward to what rarities will get played on the tour. If they do Beauty Of The Beast I will need to bring a change of underwear.

I hope they do! I would love to see Dead Boys Poem and even Ocean Soul make a comeback!

• Like 1

Got tickets for my friend and I for March 23rd of next year. I don't even plan out what i'm gonna do tomorrow too far in advance and these guys are booking world tours nine months from now :LOL:

They're actually mailing me real tickets as well! I am overjoyed by this since that seems to be happening less and less these days. Most of my recent ticket purchases only giving the option to send a "mobile ticket" to your phone. Those aren't souvenirs from the show dammit.

Looking forward to what rarities will get played on the tour. If they do Beauty Of The Beast I will need to bring a change of underwear.

I hope they do! I would love to see Dead Boys Poem and even Ocean Soul make a comeback!

I don't think Ocean Soul has ever been played live. I read something about the meaning of the song is so deeply personal for Tuomas that it was too difficult for him to perform live.

Would love to see them do it though.

I don't think Ocean Soul has ever been played live. I read something about the meaning of the song is so deeply personal for Tuomas that it was too difficult for him to perform live.

Would love to see them do it though.

Oh is that so? Forever Yours then.

Basically I want to hear Floor do Century Child front to back and sideways.

• Like 2

I need some Nightwish time.

I might break out Century Child!

• Like 2

So...Nightwish have a new live album out on the ninth of March, and I love the artwork and the tracklist.

92e06b39-c2e6-496a-aeee-efc4e395a9ae.jpg

For one thing, they open the best of with the 24 minute The Greatest Show On Earth!

An excellent album, I actually look forward to this and am contemplating getting the yearbook edition.

CD 1

"The Greatest Show on Earth" - 24:00

"Élan" - 4:48

"My Walden" - 4:38

"Storytime" - 5:22

"I Want My Tears Back" - 5:07

"Amaranth" - 3:51

"The Poet and the Pendulum" - 14:00

"Nemo" - 4:36

"Wish I Had an Angel" - 4:06

CD 2

"Ghost Love Score" - 10:02

"Slaying the Dreamer" - 4:32

"End of All Hope" - 3:55

"10th Man Down" - 5:24

"The Kinslayer" - 3:59

"Dead Boy's Poem" - 6:47

"Gethsemane" - 5:22

"Devil & the Deep Dark Ocean" - 4:46

"Sacrament of Wilderness" - 4:12

"Sleeping Sun" - 4:01

"Elvenpath" - 4:40

"The Carpenter" - 5:58

"Nightwish" (Demo) - 5:54

So...Nightwish have a new live album out on the ninth of March, and I love the artwork and the tracklist.

For one thing, they open the best of with the 24 minute The Greatest Show On Earth!

An excellent album, I actually look forward to this and am contemplating getting the yearbook edition.

CD 1

CD 2

i'll buy this too. i love the recent DVD/live album i bought.

these guys are worth the spending.

Mick

CD 1

CD 2

Mick

Sorry I said it was a live album...its not it's a best of haha

• Like 1

CD 1

CD 2

Mick

Sorry I said it was a live album...its not it's a best of haha

doh, lol

oh well.......they'll rrelease something new sooner or later.

Mick

Oh yeah, I'm seeing them next month. That will be the sixth time for me. Don't think anything new will be out for a while yet. This 20th anniversary tour will probably take them to the end of this year at least.

Troy, Tuomas and his wife have a new project out. The lead single reminds me of Turn Lose The Mermaids. Wonder if everything else sounds like that.

Oh yeah, I'm seeing them next month. That will be the sixth time for me. Don't think anything new will be out for a while yet. This 20th anniversary tour will probably take them to the end of this year at least.

Troy, Tuomas and his wife have a new project out. The lead single reminds me of Turn Lose The Mermaids. Wonder if everything else sounds like that.

Could you post a link for Mick?

I love her voice. Actually love everything Tuomas touches. That Scrooge album remains a masterpiece to my ears.

Seeing them a month from tomorrow. Very interested in seeing what the rare songs will be for this tour. Still a couple weeks away from the tour starting though. When the tickets went on sale nine months ago, it seemed so far away. Now it's almost here.
  • Like 1

Seeing them a month from tomorrow. Very interested in seeing what the rare songs will be for this tour. Still a couple weeks away from the tour starting though. When the tickets went on sale nine months ago, it seemed so far away. Now it's almost here.

Have a great time! They are playing one festival here this year, but I'm not big on any other band so might give it a miss.

YASSSSSSSSSSS

I hope we get a live album from this tour. I'm not excited by the new songs (we have three full concerts of recent albums done spectacularly) but THE KINSLAYER!!!

• Like 1

YASSSSSSSSSSS

I hope we get a live album from this tour. I'm not excited by the new songs (we have three full concerts of recent albums done spectacularly) but THE KINSLAYER!!!

Are they bringing this tour over to the UK?

YASSSSSSSSSSS

Are they bringing this tour over to the UK?

Not as far as I am aware. They headline one festival and that's it. But that said, we normally get a lot of dates so maybe next year?

All the same I don't mind. I hope to see them again, but I am itching for a new album.

• Like 1

Deep Silent Complete was added to the set last night. There's only two people who post in this thread now so I'm not worried about posting spoilers.

I am so glad! Wishmaster has been sorely overlooked in recent tours.

Wembley lacked a single Wishmaster tune.

Deep Silent Complete was added to the set last night. There's only two people who post in this thread now so I'm not worried about posting spoilers.

I am so glad! Wishmaster has been sorely overlooked in recent tours.

Wembley lacked a single Wishmaster tune.

At least you got The Poet and The Pendulum. I think She Is My Sin has been the only regular song off the album since Floor joined. They haven't done Wishmaster since the DPP tour. I believe I read in an interview that Tuomas was sick of the song. They may have permanently retired that one.

I get the impression Tuomas is quite tired of a lot of the older music. Considering the direction the band has taken since Century Child, it doesn't surprise me that some of the more power metal moments leave him a little cold. I feel that Imaginaerum took all the bands fantasy leanings and brought them right up to date with a sophisticated flair and a more knowing sense of wonder.

A lot of the first three albums I think hasn't aged well, you can really sense the band, And Tuomas as a writer, trying to achieve something greater than their current abilities.

I find when the band plays the earliest songs they tend to stand out as a little less wonderful. I really am not the biggest fan of, say, Stargazers taking the place of Alpenglow (not that it has).

I would love Sleeping Sun, She Is My Sin, Bare Grace Misery and Swanheart to become staples. But the song Wishmaster, as great as it is...Tuomas probably isn't feeling those sort of lyrics nowadays.

Maybe in time he might be nostalgic for his earliest stuff!

granted i researched them for 15 minutes and said f**k it could be good...but it turned into a bunch of songs that didn't do much for me so i left...i expected metal and renaissance with operatic vocals but what i got was a strange commercial mix of original songs sung with great passion but no soul. sorry for the negativity but that's how i felt.

Hmmm... that's probably why you shouldn't see a band live if you're not familiar with them at all. This is their 20th anniversary tour and most of the songs they're doing haven't been played live in years. I'm not sure what songs you checked out but if they had the higher operatic vocals then it was probably their original singer Tarja Turrunen. That style is her bread and butter. Their current singer Floor Jansen can also sing that way as well but is a more versatile singer and sings a few different styles.