Nightwish

physics23

Segue, are you still seeing them next month? If so, is it the Wembley arena show? I read yesterday that the show is now sold out.

I am yes! I still have two tickets going spare, but I can find no one to buy them!

If I were local I would take one. Dumb continent and ocean between here and there.

I would be heartbroken if they ignored the UK! I bought tickets within an hour of them being on sale, and had I wanted just a day I would have been given another pair for free...I need to sell mine!

They should very likely come to the US next year!

I forgot you are a fan! What did you think of the latest album?

I heard of them because my friend wanted me to go at their concert. She insisted so much that I accepted to buy a ticket, without knowing their music previously. This happened in 2002. I saw the concert and Tarja was incredible. The whole band was balanced, full of good interactions and every band member had their "bright moment" on stage.

It was great seeing/ hearing Bless The Child, End of All Hope, The Kinslayer, Deep Silent Complete, 10h Man Down, Slaying The Dreamer and Beauty of The Beast. I left the venue mesmerized after this concert; bought all Nightwish albums and payed more attention to the band.

When Anette Olzon was on vocals, I gave her a chance because her belting is really great. Some songs are more difficult for her to sing, but others fit very well to her voice. Here are examples of the songs I perceive she sings good: Dead to The World, Ever Dream, Wish I Had an Angel, Planet Hell, The Siren.

Dark Passion play, to me, is a transition album. The songs aren't completely made for Anette's voice,

although is a good album. There are songs like The Poet and Pendulum, Sahara, Seven Days to The Wolves, The Islander

where she seems more comfortable to sing.

I went to their concert again in 2008 and couldn't wait to see how the band looked like at that moment.

It was such powerful concert. Anette had a good stage command and the others were so genuine.

Still don't have Endless Forms Most Beautiful. I just Élan and the title track.

I'm still getting into Floors voice in the band. I believe she's a great singer and respect a lot the

work she does, since she was in After Forever.

• Like 1

I heard of them because my friend wanted me to go at their concert. She insisted so much that I accepted to buy a ticket, without knowing their music previously. This happened in 2002. I saw the concert and Tarja was incredible. The whole band was balanced, full of good interactions and every band member had their "bright moment" on stage.

It was great seeing/ hearing Bless The Child, End of All Hope, The Kinslayer, Deep Silent Complete, 10h Man Down, Slaying The Dreamer and Beauty of The Beast. I left the venue mesmerized after this concert; bought all Nightwish albums and payed more attention to the band.

When Anette Olzon was on vocals, I gave her a chance because her belting is really great. Some songs are more difficult for her to sing, but others fit very well to her voice. Here are examples of the songs I perceive she sings good: Dead to The World, Ever Dream, Wish I Had an Angel, Planet Hell, The Siren.

Dark Passion play, to me, is a transition album. The songs aren't completely made for Anette's voice,

although is a good album. There are songs like The Poet and Pendulum, Sahara, Seven Days to The Wolves, The Islander

where she seems more comfortable to sing.

I went to their concert again in 2008 and couldn't wait to see how the band looked like at that moment.

It was such powerful concert. Anette had a good stage command and the others were so genuine.

Still don't have Endless Forms Most Beautiful. I just Élan and the title track.

I'm still getting into Floors voice in the band. I believe she's a great singer and respect a lot the

work she does, since she was in After Forever.

Soooo glad you have an open mind! Annette was great!

Floor, I first assumed was going to underwhelm. Both Élan and the title track suffer a little taken out of context, but Endless Forms Most Beautiful is most definitely an album designed to be taken whole! Believe me when I say I think it might be Nightwish's best album experience. It is like a rollercoaster ride!

The flow is incredible, the songs are uniformly astounding, and the closing epic, The Greatest Show On Earth, has become my favourite sidelon effort ever!

A truly magnificent album! (Nightwish fan here haha!)

• Like 2

Floor, I first assumed was going to underwhelm. Both Élan and the title track suffer a little taken out of context, but Endless Forms Most Beautiful is most definitely an album designed to be taken whole! Believe me when I say I think it might be Nightwish's best album experience. It is like a rollercoaster ride!

The flow is incredible, the songs are uniformly astounding, and the closing epic, The Greatest Show On Earth, has become my favourite sidelon effort ever!

I like Anette. It was a pity she wasn't in the band anymore on the last part of Imaginaerum tour. I felt the band announced one singer and they brought another.

Although, when I saw the video of Floor singing Ghost Love Score, on their official channel, I felt she could do it. It was beautiful, really.

Well, according to you, the Endless Forms Most Beautiful is a "must have", then. :)

(Nightwish fan here, too. :cheers:)

Edited by rhyv
  • Like 1

I like Anette. It was a pity she wasn't in the band anymore on the last part of Imaginaerum tour. I felt the band announced one singer and they brought another.

Although, when I saw the video of Floor singing Ghost Love Score, on their official channel, I felt she could do it. It was beautiful, really.

Well, according to you, the Endless Forms Most Beautiful is a "must have", then. :)

(Nightwish fan here, too. :cheers:)

Endless Forms Most Beautiful is an essential Nightwish album. It's as good if not better than anything else they've ever done.

Floor sings differently on this album than she did in After Forever. She shows just how great of a vocalist she is by doing that. Singing mainly in her mid-range voice, she still sounds spectacular doing it. I have a feeling on the next album, she may show more of the range she did with After Forever. Not sure why I think that, i've just got a feeling Tuomas will explore her tremendous vocal talent even more with his song writing the longer she stays with them.

When it comes to live performances, Floor has a stage presence like no other. It does help that she's six foot tall and dresses sexy, so she stands out more because of that. She has great body language and facial expressions while performing. Her on stage charisma is among the best i've ever seen in all my years of going to metal/rock shows. In North America, they play venues that fit 1,000-2,000 and her stage presence is much bigger than the room she's performing in.

Go back a few pages in this thread and you'll read my glowing review of when I saw them back in April.

So yeah, get Endless Forms Most Beautiful as soon as you can :ebert:

• Like 2

Endless Forms Most Beautiful is an essential Nightwish album. It's as good if not better than anything else they've ever done.

Floor sings differently on this album than she did in After Forever. She shows just how great of a vocalist she is by doing that. Singing mainly in her mid-range voice, she still sounds spectacular doing it. I have a feeling on the next album, she may show more of the range she did with After Forever. Not sure why I think that, i've just got a feeling Tuomas will explore her tremendous vocal talent even more with his song writing the longer she stays with them.

When it comes to live performances, Floor has a stage presence like no other. It does help that she's six foot tall and dresses sexy, so she stands out more because of that. She has great body language and facial expressions while performing. Her on stage charisma is among the best i've ever seen in all my years of going to metal/rock shows. In North America, they play venues that fit 1,000-2,000 and her stage presence is much bigger than the room she's performing in.

Go back a few pages in this thread and you'll read my glowing review of when I saw them back in April.

So yeah, get Endless Forms Most Beautiful as soon as you can :ebert:

I read your review about the concert.

I'm happy to know they're still a great band on stage, their concerts usually are a high performance level.

I trust Floor's work.

And will get this album when possible. Thank you. :D

• Like 1

Endless Forms Most Beautiful is now my favourite Nightwish album, and it is by far my favourite album of the last fifteen years, bar Lacuna Coil's Karmacode.

It is a huge journey, and what I love the most about it is how Tuomas incorporated a lot of the ethereal moments of his solo work, as well as the folkier side of the band that I personally enjoy more than the bands more metallic edge.

I remember Tuomas said in an interview prior to the album release that he hoped fans would pay attention to the album experience, rather than merely pick apart the songs. He was right to suggest that! More than any other Nightwish release, even Imaginaerum, EFMB feels like a proper album, not merely a collection of songs. If I isolate some of the songs, I do find they flounder a little compared to the best moments of, say, Once or Dark Passion Play, but as a whole, WOW!

Don't take this as me implying the songs are not strong. Oh boy, they are all great, but together, as an experience, Nightwish might never top the emotional impact this has on me!

And I feel EFMB shares the same spirit as the divine Century Child, which is my favourite Tarja era album.

• Like 2

Endless Forms Most Beautiful is now my favourite Nightwish album, and it is by far my favourite album of the last fifteen years, bar Lacuna Coil's Karmacode.

It is a huge journey, and what I love the most about it is how Tuomas incorporated a lot of the ethereal moments of his solo work, as well as the folkier side of the band that I personally enjoy more than the bands more metallic edge.

I remember Tuomas said in an interview prior to the album release that he hoped fans would pay attention to the album experience, rather than merely pick apart the songs. He was right to suggest that! More than any other Nightwish release, even Imaginaerum, EFMB feels like a proper album, not merely a collection of songs. If I isolate some of the songs, I do find they flounder a little compared to the best moments of, say, Once or Dark Passion Play, but as a whole, WOW!

Don't take this as me implying the songs are not strong. Oh boy, they are all great, but together, as an experience, Nightwish might never top the emotional impact this has on me!

And I feel EFMB shares the same spirit as the divine Century Child, which is my favourite Tarja era album.

:yes:

I love Century Child. It's really among their best albums ever.

But I also dear Once and Imaginaerum.

Hopefully I'll back here to talk about EFMB.

:cheers:

• Like 1

I will be seeing them again in London, Ontario Canada in February.

My friend and I discussed going to this several months ago when it was announced. But we never finalized the plans. Turns out he got the tickets a few months ago and thought he had told me already but he didn't. We were texting last night and that's when I found out.

So, woo-hoo I'm seeing Nightwish again!

• Like 1

My friend and I discussed going to this several months ago when it was announced. But we never finalized the plans. Turns out he got the tickets a few months ago and thought he had told me already but he didn't. We were texting last night and that's when I found out.

I AM SEEING THEM NEXT SATURDAY AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

• Like 2

I AM SEEING THEM NEXT SATURDAY AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

Oh, great! :ebert:

Post a review later. ;)

Edited by rhyv
  • Like 1

YEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!

In Wembley now with friends and its crazy!

Surprised to see you posting- but yay! And woop WOOP! And all kinds of other crazy fun things!

Enjoy.

• Like 1

YEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!

Surprised to see you posting- but yay! And woop WOOP! And all kinds of other crazy fun things!

Enjoy.

Well I am now alone in my hotel, comfy bed, aching feet and ready for a long night sleep. Busy day all day tomorrow and THEN the most anticipated concert of my lifetime (seriously, I never desired the Anette era live, and never, EVER did I think they would get Floor Jansen in a million years!).Delighted, genuinely unstoppably crazy for tomorrow night.

• Like 2

YEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!

Enjoy.

Well I am now alone in my hotel, comfy bed, aching feet and ready for a long night sleep. Busy day all day tomorrow and THEN the most anticipated concert of my lifetime (seriously, I never desired the Anette era live, and never, EVER did I think they would get Floor Jansen in a million years!).Delighted, genuinely unstoppably crazy for tomorrow night.

I got totally mixed up, especially in your previous post, mentioning Wembley- I was thinking the gig was tonight!

:doh:

• Like 1

YEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!

Enjoy.

I got totally mixed up, especially in your previous post, mentioning Wembley- I was thinking the gig was tonight!

:doh:

No I arrived today to meet up with friends who I am going with, then tomorrow is the crazy!

(I have partially slept only twice this whole week so don't worry about the d'oh moment!).

• Like 1

That set list is all I can say to justify its power.

And Ghost Love Score?

Tarja who? And that last high note...The best note I have ever heard.

I want to go into detail but I cannot.

Tuomas ended in tears, overwhelmed by the final crowd roar of WE WERE HEEEEEEERE!!!

AND the band received two standing ovations, one for Ghost Love Score, and second for the note perfect Greatest Show On Earth.

Nightwish have for two years now been really taking over my affections, tonight they owned me.

Nothing could have prepared me for this gift.?

And I long for the DVD!

• Like 2

Two things really stick out in my mind:

One: the visuals: the lights, the pyrotechnics, the video backdrops: best I have seen her from Nightwish, and so, SOOOOO appealing, and I was floored by the visuals for Seven Days To The Wolves, The Greatest Show On Earth and Ghost Love Score especially.

Two: The entire crowd roaring WE WERE HERE during TGSOE. And Tuomas, so overwhelmed by emotion, tearing away from his keyboard to get a grip on his emotions. I was touched and cried with him, it was an extraordinary moment.

I have secretly been wishing that this concert would be the next DVD. Also, this was my first Nightwish concert, so that adds even more value for the night for me! I will soon have a permanent reminder, always.

And if I had to have a third moment, it would be Stargazers. Floor was perfection.

I will never choose one of the Nightwish ladies over another: I adore every phase of this band, and each lady made it their own.

But this era, with Floor, is the BEST live version I have heard yet. Prior to tonight I already held this view, now I believe it even more so.

Floor was so good, she was SOOOOOOOOO good, and beautiful, and her dancing was oddly sexy.

The folk side of this band was gloriously on display, but what struck me was the amazing quality of Nightwish's heaviest moments: Seven Days was PERFECTION. It really was! And Weak Fantasy, my word, I long to have an official live recording of this ASAP!

Marco was grand.

Tuomas was king. The keyboard/drum battle was amazing.

I loved tonight. It won't get better than this, so I am sad it has passed now (after so many months of anticipation).

• Like 4

Damn, what a f***ing set. You're so fortunate to have seen that, especially since it was your first Nightwish show. That set makes me feel like a DVD should have been recorded.

Weak Fantasy, Alpenglow, 7 Days, Poet, Ghost Love Score and Greatest Show in one night?

:wacko: is how I would be looking if I got that.

Glad you enjoyed it so much as I knew you would.

Everyone singing "We were here" I thought was great when I saw them play a 1,000 capacity venue. I couldn't imagine how thrilling it would be to hear a whole arena sing that. Tuomas always get emotional at the end of shows but that's really something that it drove him to tears.

How was Poet & The Pendulum with Floor?

Floor is the most charismatic show woman I have ever seen live. Really looking forward to my show in February even though it will be on a much smaller scale as usual for them over here. I hope they don't change the set too much.

• Like 1

Damn, what a f***ing set. You're so fortunate to have seen that, especially since it was your first Nightwish show. That set makes me feel like a DVD should have been recorded.

Weak Fantasy, Alpenglow, 7 Days, Poet, Ghost Love Score and Greatest Show in one night?

:wacko: is how I would be looking if I got that.

Glad you enjoyed it so much as I knew you would.

Everyone singing "We were here" I thought was great when I saw them play a 1,000 capacity venue. I couldn't imagine how thrilling it would be to hear a whole arena sing that. Tuomas always get emotional at the end of shows but that's really something that it drove him to tears.

How was Poet & The Pendulum with Floor?

Floor is the most charismatic show woman I have ever seen live. Really looking forward to my show in February even though it will be on a much smaller scale as usual for them over here. I hope they don't change the set too much.

A DVD was recorded!

Next year, a Nightwish Wembley DVD!

And The Poet was phenomenal.

That's the best word to describe it!

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 2

The guys on the Nightwish forum have been saying the same things as me!

Oh my word I was spoiled last night...my first Nightwish gig might possibly be the best I ever see! I am OK with that!

AAAAHHHHHHHHH!

• Like 1