Nightwish

physics23

I've just blasted 'Planet Hell' - twice wacko.gif

It left me in a combination of tears and laughter 1022.gif Help, I have to see this band!

653.gif common001.gif 653.gif common001.gif icon_alienjig.gif

QUOTE (esmeralda @ May 22 2005, 08:11 PM)
You can, June 12 Donington Park - Download Festival!!

I'm not here then...... fists crying.gif

That's too bad.. sad.gif

There are plans for a show with an orchestra in the Royal Albert Hall some time next year, maybe that's your chance.

For the time being you have to do it with videos, dvd's or boots..

You know where to find me! wink.gif

QUOTE (rickyrob @ May 22 2005, 02:12 PM)

Where'll you be?

QUOTE (physics23 @ May 23 2005, 12:41 PM)

Where'll you be?

Uzbekistan

QUOTE (rickyrob @ May 23 2005, 06:47 AM)
QUOTE (physics23 @ May 23 2005, 12:41 PM)

Where'll you be?

Uzbekistan

Uzbekistan! Are you pulling my lariat?

It happens to be where my girlfriend lives. I am spending a week with her, and what on earth is a lariat??

...no need to answer, just looked it up.

No I don't pull your lariat. If you know something about the country that I don't, please feel free to tell me. All I'm interested in is the fact that the worlds most beautiful lady lives there tongue.gif

Edited by rickyrob

Intriguing! I know hardly anything about the country - just the stuff reported on the news, which of course tends to be about civil unrest and all that. I'm guessing you've visited before? Now I understand the epithet over your post rank.

"Pulling my lariat" is an expression used by Sheriff Bart in Mel Brooks' Blazing Saddles. It means to tease someone, kid with them.

QUOTE (physics23 @ May 23 2005, 01:27 PM)
Intriguing! I know hardly anything about the country - just the stuff reported on the news, which of course tends to be about civil unrest and all that. I'm guessing you've visited before? Now I understand the epithet over your post rank.

"Pulling my lariat" is an expression used by Sheriff Bart in Mel Brooks' Blazing Saddles. It means to tease someone, kid with them.

Physics, you make a lot of assumptions, without knowing facts.

I haven't been there before. I met her in Moscow before now (avatar piccy). However, if I'd said she was from Belfast, you wouldn't have batted an eyelid. But Belfast is statistically more dangerous confused13.gif

After 9-11, nowhere is safe. The trouble over there was 200 miles from where I will be staying, was blown out of proportion by the media, and has all boiled over and simmered down now. I had already booked my tickets well before this happened. I have asked the embassy in London, and they say there is nothing to fear. Until then there had not been any problems that don't exist in many of the World's countries nowadays.

Here is the reason I am going:

http://bride.ru/ph/phcgi/ladies/251/251697P2.jpg

Edited by rickyrob

QUOTE (rickyrob @ May 23 2005, 07:37 AM)
QUOTE (physics23 @ May 23 2005, 01:27 PM)

Physics, you make a lot of assumptions, without knowing facts.

I haven't been there before. I met her in Moscow before now (avatar piccy). However, if I'd said she was from Belfast, you wouldn't have batted an eyelid. But Belfast is statistically more dangerous confused13.gif

Here is the reason I am going:

http://bride.ru/ph/phcgi/ladies/251/251697P2.jpg

The last thing I heard about Tashkent involved a kid getting shot to death outside Israel's embassy last week. But you're right, of course; what one hears from the media is rarely an accurate representation of what the situation really is, and I'd certainly have thought Belfast to be a safer place than Uzbekistan.

Ever heard of the IRA?? Anyway, I don't want to take this any further in a thread that is nothing to do with this. You asked the question and got the answer. I was a little annoyed at the ignorance of your initial response thats all. Anyway, you have room to talk, how safe is where you live? Edited by rickyrob

QUOTE (rickyrob @ May 23 2005, 07:51 AM)
Ever heard of the IRA?? Anyway, I don't want to take this any further in a thread that is nothing to do with this. You asked the question and got the answer. I was a little annoyed at the ignorance of your initial response thats all. Anyway, you have room to talk, how safe is where you live?

I didn't mean anything bad by what I said. Just concerned curiosity.

Isn't there a cease-fire with the IRA?

Where I live... eh, it's a mess. I mean now it's been quiet for a pretty long time, but maybe we're just at the trough of that ever fluctuating sinusoidal graph. On the ground nothing's changed, so it could be just a lull.

I don't fear for my life if I walk back to the dorms late at night, but I do stay alert. And like anywhere else, it depends on what part of the country. Some places never feel any tension, others feel it all the time. Things could deteriorate abruptly in an hour, or they could go on like this for another five years until some leader croaks or says the wrong thing.

Physics, I'm just playing Fantasmic now. I prefer Once but I quite like the last tracks on Wishmaster biggrin.gif

This band has just blown me away - I've only been listening to them for a week! cool.gif

Edited by rickyrob

QUOTE (physics23 @ May 23 2005, 02:10 PM)
QUOTE (rickyrob @ May 23 2005, 07:51 AM)
Ever heard of the IRA?? Anyway, I don't want to take this any further in a thread that is nothing to do with this. You asked the question and got the answer. I was a little annoyed at the ignorance of your initial response thats all. Anyway, you have room to talk, how safe is where you live?

I didn't mean anything bad by what I said. Just concerned curiosity.

Isn't there a cease-fire with the IRA?

Where I live... eh, it's a mess. I mean now it's been quiet for a pretty long time, but maybe we're just at the trough of that ever fluctuating sinusoidal graph. On the ground nothing's changed, so it could be just a lull.

I don't fear for my life if I walk back to the dorms late at night, but I do stay alert. And like anywhere else, it depends on what part of the country. Some places never feel any tension, others feel it all the time. Things could deteriorate abruptly in an hour, or they could go on like this for another five years until some leader croaks or says the wrong thing.

Physics, I've just read this. You know I apologised etc through PMs, and never meant anything bad new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Edited by rickyrob

We're in agreement there. smile.gif I also think Once is better.

No need for apologies at all. I've never known your posts to be anything but good-natured.

2.gif

Kazz? Esme? Test4? Which are your favorite Nightwish albums?

I am in awe at 'Once' tracks 3-6 (Nemo thru The Siren) This is damn close to perfect music. Play it REAL LOUD and it hits you like a rock wacko.gif I love on Nemo where there's the really quiet bit with the piano, which is then a cue for the guitars to kick in....I mean KICK! http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/party/party06.gifhttp://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/party/party06.gifhttp://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/party/party06.gif

Strangely I don't consider it Heavy Metal, I'd call it melodic rock. All the songs conjure up bewildering scenes in my mind, akin to something from Lord of the Rings.

Hey Phsyics, Once is my favourite album, and from the very first time I heard "The Siren" I was so touched by that song, the melody is so beautiful.

They made it their next single:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/Elpereth/Nightwish_The_Siren.jpg

Last February I heard it for the first time live, and it's just as beautiful as it is on the album, al of their songs are for that matter!!

There are rumours that they will have a show next year with an orchestra and a choir, and it will be at the Royal Albert Hall!

If that's going to happen I intend to be there, it must be so farging great!