The lovers of My Little Pony

Godot

Grown men who are into My Little Pony, and not in an ironic way or anything, completely baffle me. And I've been reading and collecting comic books for almost 27 years, so that's saying something.

I could use a little enlightenment. What's up with grown men diggin' on little girl toys?

Well the thing is, I thought it was just for the irony. I mean, I saw people making memes and youtube poop videos of it and I was just like "It's the internet doing its thing" but I was curious so I watched an episode, and a few more, and I was into it, but not really into it... And I stopped around mid-season... Then I watched the rest and I was like "Woah." and then slowly I became obsessed, visiting Equestriadaily.com all of the time, buying T-Shirts making fan art, now I'm writing fan-fiction, I have a poster hanging on my wall, all of the episodes on my ipod, over a Gig of pony pictures on my computer, Desktop Ponies, 3 T-shirts and I started a club at my school.

It's just... An awesome show

1. Great animation

2. Great voice acting

3. Great music numbers (Daniel Ingram is a genius)

4. Original writing concepts

5. Complete plots

6. Fresh humor

7. Full and relateable characters

The list goes on and on about why I like the show

There is only one thing worth watching in MLP:FIM...

DISCORD

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrhs0ndFHr1r0qpm0o1_500.png

I mean obviously.

You can't get more epic of a VA than JOHN DE LANCIE.

Granted all I've ever seen of MLP are the scenes with Discord but he is sooooo full of wiiiiiiiin. wub.gif

He's really there for the ponies' overall good. He's getting them out of their collective illusions because REALITY is there. To call him a villain isn't really fair. He's just kinda trollin'.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Sep 25 2011, 01:30 PM)
Granted all I've ever seen of MLP are the scenes with Discord

Sounds like you need to watch more episodes. laugh.gif Though the episodes with Discord are definitely instant classics

I can't really do much except to echo Litehawk's sentiments. I'd heard about the Brony culture a little bit this summer as it was picking up speed in the various realms of the internet. I never really understood it, and I figured it was something I'd just never get into.

It wasn't until I came to college and met my roommate that I got a proper introduction to it. Yes, part of what makes it fun is the irony and the memes that have come about in the show's wake, but it's also sheer enjoyment. Like he said, the show is very well made (I mean, it came from someone who did a lot of work on Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, which are two high-quality programs). It's also refreshing because so much of the programming that's actually aimed at the Brony demographic is sexual humor, or catering to hipsters, or violent, or just tired old college-age-male stereotype entertainment.

Now I love some of that stuff just as much as anyone else... but it's truly therapeutic to have something to watch after a long day that's just light-hearted fun, totally innocent and optimistic, with candy-colored equines. I can watch an episode of MLP, laugh a bit, and get to work on what I need to do with a smile on my face. It makes me a kid again in some of the best ways. smile.gif

Exactly! The humor in the show is so innocent and original. It doesn't rely on slapstick comedy or the dirty humor a lot of programs use. It's a refreshing take on entertainment. Now if you look at the G3 ponies and that show, you, like me, would want to vomit at how lame it was, but G4 is real entertainment. Hasbro may still be using it mainly as a marketing ploy, but they're actually really making an honest effort and they're SUCCEEDING.

And the memes are hilarious

This whole thread is really disturbing. . . scared.gif

<backs slowly out of thread>

• Like 2

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Sep 25 2011, 04:19 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Sep 25 2011, 06:12 PM)

yes.gif

I really don't understand the appeal. I've never met anyone in real life over the age of 5 that actually likes My Little Pony.

That's probably because Friendship is Magic is brand new. Nobody likes the shows from the 80's or 90's or early 2000's. laugh.gif

And Litehawk, my roommate and his brony buddy have been trying to get me to read Past Sins for a month. laugh.gif I'll get around to it when I have more free time... While I love Ponies, there is a lot more to life! tongue.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Sep 25 2011, 06:12 PM)

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Sep 26 2011, 03:26 AM)
Grown men who are into My Little Pony, and not in an ironic way or anything, completely baffle me. And I've been reading and collecting comic books for almost 27 years, so that's saying something.

I could use a little enlightenment. What's up with grown men diggin' on little girl toys?

I hear ya...and I've even got a few years on you in regards to the comics.

My Little Pony?....you guys are on acid. trink38.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Sep 26 2011, 04:56 AM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Sep 26 2011, 03:26 AM)

I hear ya...and I've even got a few years on you in regards to the comics.

My Little Pony?....you guys are on acid. trink38.gif

http://files.sharenator.com/Rainbow_Dash_haters_gonna_hate_RE_Memebase_61-s320x320-199948.gif