Stargate SG-1

CMWriter

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Nov 30 2011, 02:50 PM)
ah, back to a Stargate avatar and sig again? Nice cool.gif

You know it! I just made the signature yesterday. I'll come up with something Christmas-y eventually but for now this is good. biggrin.gif

One of these days I want to incorporate this image into something. Like a wallpaper collage. Smack dab in the middle.

http://i3.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/590/draft_lens15387951module133249321photo_1289700427SG1_original_cast.jpg

I just love it so much. wub.gif

"Smile, Daniel! If Teal'c can smile then so can you!"

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone ever heard this? laugh.gif

It's actually commentary from "Prodigy" but it's super funny. I never knew that they had actually written lyrics for the theme song... Granted they're not really all that GREAT of lyrics but between the commentary and the not-so-fantastic singing it's really entertaining.

"Looooook ooouuut foooor thaaat Go go go-gogogogo Goa'uld."

rofl3.gif biggrin.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Dec 1 2011, 07:06 PM)
Anyone ever heard this? laugh.gif
It's actually commentary from "Prodigy" but it's super funny. I never knew that they had actually written lyrics for the theme song... Granted they're not really all that GREAT of lyrics but between the commentary and the not-so-fantastic singing it's really entertaining.
"Looooook ooouuut foooor thaaat Go go go-gogogogo Goa'uld."
rofl3.gif biggrin.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

laugh.gif That's fantastic

I see you also noticed the trend for Trek regulars appearing in Stargate (Quark, Barclay, Odo and Troi)

So, look out for an appearance by Dr. Phlox, as well as recurring roles for Q, the E.M.H. and T'Pol.

whew...just read through your last bunch of blogs. Yep, it's getting pretty epic. I think Season 4 is probably my favourite (although, as you say, no Bra'tac), but there are just so many great episodes.

(and the start of Jack and Maybourne's "Starsky and Hutch" phase biggrin.gif , lots more fun to come with that!)

On to season 5 then. Yeah, Tanith survived...wait a little more for that "Jaffa revenge thing" as Jack calls it.

Next episode is the one I mentioned waaaaaay back, with all the Teal'c flashbacks...now, aren't you glad you waited to watch it in order? laugh.gif

enjoy

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Dec 10 2011, 05:05 AM)
whew...just read through your last bunch of blogs. Yep, it's getting pretty epic. I think Season 4 is probably my favourite (although, as you say, no Bra'tac), but there are just so many great episodes.
(and the start of Jack and Maybourne's "Starsky and Hutch" phase biggrin.gif , lots more fun to come with that!)

On to season 5 then. Yeah, Tanith survived...wait a little more for that "Jaffa revenge thing" as Jack calls it.
Next episode is the one I mentioned waaaaaay back, with all the Teal'c flashbacks...now, aren't you glad you waited to watch it in order? laugh.gif
enjoy

Neurgh, when did you mention "Threshold"? xD SO MANY POSTS! So many episodes!

Yes, Season 4 was excellent... Replicators, superpowers, Tanith (even though he's a slimeface), TIME LOOPING, Apophis, torture, death of Heru'ur, bromance, a new Goa'uld..! On and on and on! And everyone really got at least a few chances at the spotlight. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I'm a little sad that Apophis is dead (even though I've been begging for his death since "Serpent's Lair" 2x01) just because he was awesome and vile and just merciless. He was the ultimate manipulator, and he knew how to get under people's skin. Just so great.

And such a jerkface. laugh.gif

(I swear! Bra'tac and Teal'c are still my favourites! tongue.gif

Okay, actually, I love all of 'em... even Daniel. biggrin.gif)

And yes, I'm really happy I've read it all in order. I've ran across some spoilers just because they're kind of inevitable (like the fact that Vala and some other guy will one day be part of SG-1, Teal'c growing hair by like season 8 or 9 or something, the fact that Beau Bridges will eventually join the cast... squee!) but I don't know anything behind any of that.

Oh, and Ba'al. I keep hearing about him. I hope I get to meet him soon.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Dec 10 2011, 05:22 PM)
Neurgh, when did you mention "Threshold"? xD SO MANY POSTS! So many episodes!

Waaaay back on page 2

There's actually an episode at the start of season 5 that flashes back to a lot of the history between Teal'c and Bra'tac, including showing us the events of that encounter in the pilot episode from the point of view of Teal'c. Fits in pretty well with your fiction.
(although, you'll probably find the couple of episodes leading up to it quite upsetting...but my mouth's shut on that  )

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Dec 11 2011, 05:37 PM)
Oh, don't know if you noticed, but I now have pretty banners to go with each episode... simply because it looked so drab. Needed more colour. And I need to get back into Photoshop. Let's face it; I miss it! Hehe.

Yeah, I noticed. Looking good new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Dec 13 2011, 01:00 PM)
QUOTE (CMWriter @ Dec 11 2011, 05:37 PM)
Oh, don't know if you noticed, but I now have pretty banners to go with each episode... simply because it looked so drab. Needed more colour. And I need to get back into Photoshop. Let's face it; I miss it! Hehe.

Yeah, I noticed. Looking good new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Sa-weet~

Blog might be taking a little bit of a hiatus (or maybe just a day or so to complete new ones) when break starts for me on Friday. With the holiday and everything I'll be busy, and I want my folks to watch a couple episodes with me from past seasons. (I WILL make them fans. xD)

"Rite of Passage" is tonight. This has been a good season so far, even though it's just a few episodes in. This thing just gets better and better!

I have a question, Season 6 and later plot spoilers ahead:

When Anubis comes back from the dead with his zat/staff weapon absorbing soldiers, why doesn't he just attack Earth? The Tok'Ra are dwindling, the Asguard are still fighting the replicators so they can't spare many ships (which are weaker than Anubis'). Since the Tau'Ri have been such a pain the to Go'Auld why doesn't just wipe them out? I'm on the last few episodes of season seven and it seems that Anubis likes to watch TV all day rather than be in the process of galactic domination/the search for the lost city.

I'm loving this show so far but this one thing has been nagging me since Anubis was revealed to be able to beat the Asguard.

EDIT: I just saw "The Lost City", which explained the question. Anubis attacked very subtly twice before turning his attention to his rivals. Then he got bored and turned all guns on Earth.

Edited by USB Connector

I used to enjoy this show when it was on. Some of the writing was a bit corny, but the characters had a very good dynamic. The Atlantis follow-up was good, too, but I didn't care for the last spin off.

I just noticed some Star Trek threads happening and I thought of this show for some reason.

My wife is so not the geek, deep down inside I doubt she finds intergalactic travel fascinating. She loathes the technobabble of NuTrek. She is O'Neil and that is how we enjoy SG: SG1 together.