Stargate SG-1

CMWriter

What's all this about a Teal'c smile? Jaffa have their lighter moments too, you know biggrin.gif

"Jaffa Joke"

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad190/TDear_1984/JaffaJoke.jpg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not supposed to get it, unless you're a Jaffa wink.gif

That's all 100% real, official, legitimate Teal'c dialog, straight from the show...Teal'c laughing is hilarious

(I just skipped the reaction shot from the person who's shoulder is in Carter's picture..because that would have been a Spoiler wink.gif )

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Sep 26 2011, 09:00 AM)
You're not supposed to get it, unless you're a Jaffa wink.gif

That's all 100% real, official, legitimate Teal'c dialog, straight from the show...Teal'c laughing is hilarious
(I just skipped the reaction shot from the person who's shoulder is in Carter's picture..because that would have been a Spoiler wink.gif )

Oh, that makes it even better! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Then I can't wait to get to that episode! laugh.gif

I've managed to only happen upon a couple spoilers throughout the internet (just didn't scroll quite fast enough) but hopefully I'll forget what I glanced at before I get to those episodes.

Also, I started writing my first fanfic.

Go ahead, laugh, because I sure am. xD I never thought I'd be writing a Stargate fan fiction!

(It's really nothing that exciting. Just Jack and Teal'c sitting down to have lunch and talking about life, etc. in the aftermath of "Cor-Ai".)

Edited by CMWriter

Okay, confession: I cheated and looked up that clip, "Jaffa Joke".

SOO HYSTERICAL. Aaahh no regrets!! He has the best laugh! laugh.gif He makes me so happy!

Ahem. Anyways.

My review for "Enigma" (1x17) is right here. Solid episode but I wasn't a huge fan of how it played out. Yes, it's a little shorter.

Finished up "Tin Man" (1x18). Pretty interesting! Kind of out-there even for Stargate. Good writing, though, and good ending.

There's also a little note for all you people who've supported me and left comments and the like there. (: Thanks again!

I should add that the pageview count has now passed 400! biggrin.gif Thanks everyone!

Hey, check out the review for "Solitudes" (1x19) right there.

AKA, the Sam/Jack shipper's first clue.

Edited by CMWriter

This thread!

It is getting no love!

Hey, followers? Where'd you all go? D:

Well, I hope you're still around, because "There But For the Grace of God" (1x20) was an absolutely stellar episode and I touched on quite a few points. I love, love, love the whole concept of parallel/alternate timelines, universes, etc. and so this episode was very exciting.

Most interesting aspects were certainly the changes is Jack O'Neill (besides the whole "engaged to Carter".. what?!?), Catherine Langford (cool to see her again), and especially Teal'c.

Did not dig the hair for that guy. Not at all.

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/albums/sg1_season1/119-ThereButForTheGraceOfGod/photos/119_therebutforthegrace_04.jpg

(We're just going to pretend that never happened.)

However, I must commend RDA and Chris Judge, respectively, for their acting in this one, playing such different characters than usual. Loved that scene between O'Neill and Teal'c and the videotape. Such conflict. Love it. |D

Don't worry...your Blog's still getting love from me.

Singularity, The Cor-ai, Enigma and Solitudes were the first four episodes I saw, all in one night round at a friends house...I was hooked from there

"There but for the Grace of God" is indeed a great episode..and alternate Teal'c having weird alternate hair is a reoccurring theme (Christopher Judge kept begging to be allowed to grow his hair)...so you may have to get used to that whole Teal'c with hair thing (spoilers? confused13.gif nah..I'm sure you've seen pictures by now)

So...almost done Season 1...hmm...Once the final moments of "Within the Serpent's Grasp" have been and gone, I imagine you'll be in a hurry for that 2nd season set.

Yup, I would've been hooked by those episodes, too. laugh.gif

I actually watched the season finale last night.

WHAT IS THIS

I DON'T EVEN

AAAAAHHH

But I still need to rewatch it and write my blog before moving on to the season premiere for S2! I have it ready to go (picked it up from the library yesterday) but the anticipation is killing meee!

...Oh, and also, I familiarized myself a bit with the rather frightening world of Stargate fan fiction.

Good God, is no one allowed to be "just friends"? I mean I can see Carter/O'Neill but there are some weird pairings out there.

(...But I should confess I wrote a little drabble last night and I rather like how it's turned out. xD)

Edited by CMWriter

Very good. I enjoyed that. applaudit.gif

There's actually an episode at the start of season 5 that flashes back to a lot of the history between Teal'c and Bra'tac, including showing us the events of that encounter in the pilot episode from the point of view of Teal'c. Fits in pretty well with your fiction.

(although, you'll probably find the couple of episodes leading up to it quite upsetting...but my mouth's shut on that wink.gif )

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Sep 29 2011, 09:38 AM)
Very good. I enjoyed that. applaudit.gif

There's actually an episode at the start of season 5 that flashes back to a lot of the history between Teal'c and Bra'tac, including showing us the events of that encounter in the pilot episode from the point of view of Teal'c. Fits in pretty well with your fiction.
(although, you'll probably find the couple of episodes leading up to it quite upsetting...but my mouth's shut on that wink.gif )

Auuugh! There's a Teal'c appreciation thread over at Gateworld and my other friend who frequents it has also told me of this fantastic Season 5 episode. This is sooooo frustrating! I keep hearing about this incredible episode and it's taking every fiber of my being to stick to my guns and not skip ahead to it!

You guys are totally killing me here. xD

I have a bunch of things going on tonight, between this party-thing I'm supposed to go to since the Campus Ministries I'm part of sponsored it, and also my friend who's in a sorority invited me to go to this Kappa Delta Quesadilla thing (which I am actually looking forward to... proceeds went to charity (: ) and I still need to blog that stupid last episode!!

IT'S COMING, I SWEAR. tongue.gif

I decided to be lame and finish up that finale review before skipping off to Kappa Delta Quesadillas. laugh.gif

Mind = blown. Absolutely cannot wait for S2! Count me in for nine more seasons of this awesomeness!

Edit: The party was kind of lame. But the food was good.

Hey! Here's my reflection on the first season of the series! (:

Season Two's up next!

Edited by CMWriter

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Sep 30 2011, 12:31 AM)
Auuugh! There's a Teal'c appreciation thread over at Gateworld and my other friend who frequents it has also told me of this fantastic Season 5 episode. This is sooooo frustrating! I keep hearing about this incredible episode and it's taking every fiber of my being to stick to my guns and not skip ahead to it!

I'd advise against skipping ahead to it.

Don't want to go jumping over three years of character and plot development.

There are several things that lead up to the necessity of the flashbacks (and there's a whole plot line that leads up to how and why the things that lead up to the things happened. wacko.gif )

Better to take it slow and go the long way round...you'll appreciate it more

We'll all just have to stop dropping these hints for you wink.gif

Lol! If anything the dropped hints encourage me to keep going. I've already realized (as I said in my reflection) that there are so many events that will tie into or affect future events... I'd probably be super-confused if I tried to skip. wacko.gif So I won't, lol.

Fffffff five hours of classes and then I'M FREEEE! to start on that second season. But then I need to clean my dorm 'cause my parents are coming into town! laugh.gif I wonder how they'll react to my being into yet another sci-fi... one of the few they never saw! ('Cause it was on Showtime.)

(My folks are big on scifi TV and they're both huge Stephen King fans.. They watched all the Star Trek series, X-Files, etc. and we would always watch the broadcast scifis together. Oh, and Falling Skies. tongue.gif My parents have pretty good taste!)

All I can really say about what I just watched is:

Now THAT was a season premiere! That ROCKED!!

I am so excited for this season you won't even believe it.

BRA-TAAAAAAC

BRA-TAC BRA-TAC BRA-TAC BRA-TAC BRA-TAC BRA-TAC BRA-TAC BRA-TAC BRA-TAC BRA-TAC BRA-TAC BRA-TAC

So happy he came back!! I literally squealed when he came into the scene. laugh.gif

Two things I can say about this episode, "In the Line of Duty" (2x02)...

One: Nooo!!! Why does the first decent Goa'uld we meet have to die at the end?!

Two: MORE TOK'RA. I WANT IT.

Edited by CMWriter

Got a few more done...

"Prisoners" (2x03) ... Decent episode. Looking forward to seeing more of Linea... Even if she is more than a little off her rocker. I highly doubt she's going away after this.

"The Gamekeeper" (2x04) ... Interesting episode. I liked the insights into Jack and Daniel's pasts, though I would've liked to have learned a little more about the issue with the latter's parents. A little more elaboration might've been nice.

"Need" (2x05) ... Relatively meh but we learn some good information about the sarcophagus and how it works here.

The Tok'ra will definitely be back. They play a huge part in the future of Stargate.

I agree about "Need" being "relatively meh", although I do love whenever Michael Shanks gets to do crazy acting. (which is why I loved him so much in the 2nd season of Burn Notice)

Also, great to see Star Trek's Reg Barclay in The Gamekeeper. I've been a big fan of Dwight Schultz since I used to watch the A-Team as a kid laugh.gif

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Oct 3 2011, 10:17 AM)
The Tok'ra will definitely be back. They play a huge part in the future of Stargate.

I agree about "Need" being "relatively meh", although I do love whenever Michael Shanks gets to do crazy acting. (which is why I loved him so much in the 2nd season of Burn Notice)

Also, great to see Star Trek's Reg Barclay in The Gamekeeper. I've been a big fan of Dwight Schultz since I used to watch the A-Team as a kid laugh.gif

WAIT

WHAT

Michael Shanks was in Burn Notice?!?!

I don't remember that! I've seen every episode since its start!!

Do you remember who his character was? I can't believe I missed that! I usually have such a good memory with that sort of thing!

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Oct 3 2011, 07:39 PM)
QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Oct 3 2011, 10:17 AM)

Also,  great to see Star Trek's Reg Barclay in The Gamekeeper. I've been a big fan of Dwight Schultz since I used to watch the A-Team as a kid laugh.gif

WAIT

WHAT

Michael Shanks was in Burn Notice?!?!

I don't remember that! I've seen every episode since its start!!

Do you remember who his character was? I can't believe I missed that! I usually have such a good memory with that sort of thing!

He plays Victor. He's in a few episodes. He starts off working for Carla, hounding Michael into following orders, but by the end of the season, he's teamed up with Michael.

In the last episode of season two, he's the guy with Michael on the boat, who gets shot by Carla and her guys.

And that's Daniel Jackson biggrin.gif

Just looked up images.

Wow! I never would've guessed that was him. Maybe I'll have to go re-watch those episodes. yes.gif

Oh, and lest I forget before I run off to class this morning, review for "Message in a Bottle" (2x07). Decent episode, not among the best I'd say...

Edited by CMWriter

Two more reviews:

- "Family" (2x08)

- "Secrets" (2x09)

All I can say about "Family" is:

BRA'TAC

COME BACK

I LOVE YOU

AND YOU'RE AWESOME. wub.gif

Also it was good to see more development with Teal'c and his family.. and also a possibly (in the future) detrimental flaw in his character.

Never seen him smile quite so much in any episode prior to this!

As for "Secrets", great stuff there too! Nice to see not only Sha're once again (you fight that freakin' worm) but also development on the political sort of side of the story. Also, poor Sam. :C Not even being able to tell her dad she's living out her dream.

Also, Apophis is still a creeper.

But not as much of a creeper as Heru'ur.

Hurrah! Up past 1000 hits on my blog!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Thanks anyone and everyone over here at TRF who's helped me get to this point. Of course you're joined by the very enthusiastic crowd over at Gateworld but you, especially, Lion, have been very supportive. I thank you for that. smile.gif

And to celebrate, my review of "Bane" (2x10). I'd heard this one was pretty bad and.. well, it wasn't terrible. There was some good dialogue and good character moments (the ending scene was hysterical when Teal'c blasted Jackson with a water gun, haha, so silly but so funny) but the whole insect-swarm-disease-transformation was more X-Files than Stargate. In the former concept it would've fit but here it felt... a little strange to me.

Another great part was Ally (the girl who helped Teal'c) basically brushing Maybourne off.

He's such a jerkface, even kids can tell. |3

Actually, I've always quite like "Bane", myself. Mainly for two reasons.

First, I love any episode where Teal'c gets to go outside and interact with normal people (specially if it involves him borrowing money so he can keep having a go on the coin-operated vibrating bed laugh.gif ...oh, later)

Second, (believe it or not) I love any episode featuring Harry Maybourne. Sure, in the early days he's just a problem causing Air Force jerk. But the guy goes through some serious character changes (spoilers) where you're left unsure where his true loyalties lie...and eventually Maybourne and O'Neill make a very funny comedy double act (but then again, O'Neill makes a great comedy double act with everyone)