2011 NFL Season thread

laughedatbytime

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that too. Surprised that occurred.

I think they're waiting to see if Caldwell is still breathing. If it turns out that he's actually not (which if you've seen the Indy sideline during a game, you could easily come to that conclusion, then you wouldn't have to buy out his contract.

He was reported to be near TB HQ this morning, but I believe either the rumors were false or he denied interest.

Of all the candidates, Fisher is at or near the top of my list. I would not mind seeing him in Miami at all, if for no other reason that we'd never be tempted to sign Vince Young.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jan 2 2012, 03:05 PM)
He was reported to be near TB HQ this morning, but I believe either the rumors were false or he denied interest.

Of all the candidates, Fisher is at or near the top of my list. I would not mind seeing him in Miami at all, if for no other reason that we'd never be tempted to sign Vince Young.

biggrin.gif

What if Steve Spag was brought in fresh from his Rams debacle? ohmy.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 2 2012, 02:13 PM)
QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jan 2 2012, 03:05 PM)

Of all the candidates, Fisher is at or near the top of my list.  I would not mind seeing him in Miami at all, if for no other reason that we'd never be tempted to sign Vince Young.

biggrin.gif

What if Steve Spag was brought in fresh from his Rams debacle? ohmy.gif

Maybe, we can throw another year away with Matt Barkley as the prize.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 2 2012, 03:50 PM)
Colts are thinking future right now. Caldwell will be gone shortly. Could be a MAJOR house cleaning. They'll draft Luck most likely. If he lives up to billing, what a transition that could be...Manning into Luck.

I see a trade with the Redskins either way...

trink36.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 2 2012, 02:55 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 2 2012, 03:50 PM)
Colts are thinking future right now.  Caldwell will be gone shortly.  Could be a MAJOR house cleaning.  They'll draft Luck most likely.  If he lives up to billing, what a transition that could be...Manning into Luck.

I see a trade with the Redskins either way...

trink36.gif

Only if Manning's career is really over.

Schefter said that Fisher's first interview is in Miami, then St. Louis. Maybe they could sign him before he leaves, much like the Vikings did when Childress interviewed there...they wouldn't let him go to Green Bay.

Obviously, I hope it works out better than it did then!

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jan 2 2012, 05:33 PM)
Schefter said that Fisher's first interview is in Miami, then St. Louis. Maybe they could sign him before he leaves, much like the Vikings did when Childress interviewed there...they wouldn't let him go to Green Bay.

Talking of Childress I hear he's available too...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 2 2012, 04:57 PM)
QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jan 2 2012, 05:33 PM)
Schefter said that Fisher's first interview is in Miami, then St. Louis.    Maybe they could sign him before he leaves, much like the Vikings did when Childress interviewed there...they wouldn't let him go to Green Bay.

Talking of Childress I hear he's available too...

Only if he and Favre are a package deal. tongue.gif

Norv is back!

Glad I'm not a Charger fan.

Of all the unfathomable things in sports, the ability of this guy to get and keep head coaching jobs has to rank in the top 3. Next year will be his 15th as an NFL head coach.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jan 3 2012, 06:08 PM)
Norv is back!

Glad I'm not a Charger fan.

Of all the unfathomable things in sports, the ability of this guy to get and keep head coaching jobs has to rank in the top 3. Next year will be his 15th as an NFL head coach.

This is the same franchise that lost patience with Marty Schottenheimer when he went a mere 14-2. confused13.gif

I think that was more a clash of philosophies between AJ Smith and Schottenheimer. Smith was kept around today as well.

Lovie Smith working on his 8th life.

Mike Martz fired.

Maybe the Bears can bring back a name from their past. John Shoop and Ron Turner come to mind. smile.gif

Well, I've been trying to think of ways my Lions could actually make a game of this first round contest with treeduck's mighty Saints. There's no doubt that New Orleans is the better club, and I don't think Detroit has that great of a chance to pull off an upset, but still, when these two teams met just a few weeks ago, the game was anything but a demolition. (Despite all the idiotic penalties the Lions were committing, there was a point late in the game when they had the ball and were down by only a touchdown.) The Comeback Cats have got a shot.

Yeah, if they establish a good running game and keep the New Orleans offense off the field, and if their secondary manages to confound Brees with its coverages, well, that would be great. The only problem is, those things are about as likely to happen as laughedatbytime is to become a Jets fan and Presto-digitation is to pick Tim Tebow for his next fantasy-league team. The following are three ways within the realm of possibility that the Lions can make this thing competitive:

1) Matthew Stafford has to continue to play out-of-his-mind football. He's been remarkably good lately, and I fear the ever-looming law of averages will eventually work against him. But perhaps he really is ready to join the elite at his position.

2) Their interior defensive linemen (Suh, Fairley, Williams, and Hill) need to put pressure on Brees and make him extremely uncomfortable in the pocket. Fairley was doing a good job of this in the last game until he re-aggravated his foot problem, and as soon as he went out, the Saints began rampaging up and down the field.

3) Limit the penalties! Stupid penalties absolutely killed the Lions the last time these teams played. When Detroit was able to clobber San Diego a couple of weeks ago, it was largely because they didn't allow the Chargers to goad them into doing dopey things. They need to play with that sort of good sense and composure this week.

If all three of these things happen, maybe a 27-24 shocker will be in order. Maybe. I think a 38-13 Saints win is far more likely, but you never know.

QUOTE (Cyclonus X-1 @ Jan 3 2012, 07:34 PM)
The only problem is, those things are about as likely to happen as laughedatbytime is to become a Jets fan

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets.........................................................

SUCK....wink.gif

Sorry, couldn't do it.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jan 3 2012, 08:41 PM)
QUOTE (Cyclonus X-1 @ Jan 3 2012, 07:34 PM)
The only problem is, those things are about as likely to happen as laughedatbytime is to become a Jets fan

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets.........................................................

SUCK....wink.gif

Sorry, couldn't do it.

We sure don't miss Rex in Baltimore.