How to scan 1,688 Rush Images...

Jag2112

About 6 months ago, I launched my own little Rush Tribute Site (Cygnus-X1.Net).

At that time, I decided that I would include a Rush Image Database of sorts. Every image that appeared on every album would have a space on my site.

But I wasn't finished there. I decided to scan in the 2004-05 calendar images for all to enjoy.

Still not done. I located rare Rush comic books, including the never-before-seen Cygnus-X1 Book I and Book II comic books. So they too were scanned and uploaded to the site.

Then, slowly, I began tackling the tourbooks. Starting with the famed and insanely rare 2112 tour book, moving along through every program that appeared thereafter (including the nearly equally rare Rush: The Words and The Pictures Volumes 1 and 2).

And tonight, I finally finished scanning the gorgeous R30 / Feedback tourbook (which contained over 225 images!).

In total, I've now scanned and uploaded 1,688 Rush images, which takes up over 120mB of pixellated space.

What's next? you may ask? A VACATION FROM SCANNING!

Seriously, these past 6 months have been a labor of love. Some think I'm nuts for going through so much trouble, but I've enjoyed every minute of it. Well, almost every minute smile.gif

I hope you get the chance to visit the site and enjoy the images of Rush as well.

And there will be more to come ...

Enjoy,

John

Archived