Early Rush Pics

Test4VitalSigns

Was surfing around net and found these pics of 2.gif early in their careers. I don't know where the pics were taken (I accidently closed site after saving pics and can't remember the name of site). One of the pics even had name of band as Hadrian (an alternate name 2.gif had back in the day)...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/test4vitalsigns/earlyrush.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/test4vitalsigns/earlyrush2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/test4vitalsigns/hadrian.jpg

my apologies if these were already posted. I've never seen these til now.

QUOTE (kbomb106 @ May 17 2005, 09:18 AM)
Those pics were all in the first few pages of Visions. Nevertheless, they're a welcome contribution, especially to those who haven't read it yet.

Thanx for letting me know.....I didn't read that book (though been looking for it...)

ok ... that first photo ... I have had discussions with folks before about that one ... is that Neil? or John?

I say Neil, for one, I never saw any photos with John playing a double bass, also, he sits higher and taller on the throne than most photos of John and IMHO, the face looks more like Neil.

From past experience, it seems that the verdict is split.

What do yall think?

QUOTE (ES-335 @ May 17 2005, 11:37 AM)
ok ... that first photo ... I have had discussions with folks before about that one ... is that Neil? or John?

I say Neil, for one, I never saw any photos with John playing a double bass, also, he sits higher and taller on the throne than most photos of John and IMHO, the face looks more like Neil.

What do yall think?

I definitely think it's John cause I'm pretty sure Neil didn't play with the band in high school gyms (which it appears to be what they are performing in) confused13.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ May 17 2005, 11:40 AM)

What do yall think?

I definitely think it's John cause I'm pretty sure Neil didn't play with the band in high school gyms (which it appears to be what they are performing in) confused13.gif

That is why it is perplexing. I did not think that they played any gyms with Neil either, so that adds to the uncertainty.

tongue.gif

Another thing that, in my opinion, points to it being John is the fact that the drummer is playing what looks like a Gretsch Kit. When Neil auditioned for Rush he was playing a Rogers kit. Not long before his debut with the band, they all got new gear and he bought a Slingerland kit.

Not conclusive I know, but a little more salt for the pot.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ May 17 2005, 05:40 PM)

What do yall think?

Another thing the photo is stretched to the extent that Geddy looks like Jar Jar Binx, so I'm not sure the "taller" reference is 100% valid.

Seeing as Slaine's been so good to put salt in the pot, I thought I'd better stir it a bit!!!! wink.gif

QUOTE (ES-335 @ May 17 2005, 09:37 AM)

What do yall think?

I say it's John, simply for the fact of how old the pic is (and the basketball net).

I agree, it does look a bit like Neil, but it must be John.

QUOTE (Earthshine @ May 18 2005, 12:03 AM)

What do yall think?

I say it's John, simply for the fact of how old the pic is (and the basketball net).

Also....I'm pretty sure Neil had a mustashe right up to the PeW stage.....

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ May 18 2005, 12:24 AM)
QUOTE (Earthshine @ May 18 2005, 12:03 AM)

What do yall think?

Also....I'm pretty sure Neil had a mustashe right up to the PeW stage.....

he went a while without it early:

http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/tours/74sep_columbus4.jpg

2.gif

Archived