rush - free of controversy

vitalsigns66

i don't know that much about rush. i have been listening to their stuff for just a few months. but do they go on with all that rubbish kiss go on with, or are they controversy free. i mean, critising each other, backstabbing etc. what i find refreshing is someone like ac/dc who are there for the music and free of controversy and just want to play instead of this ego bullshit simmons and co go on with. what are rush like.

QUOTE (vitalsigns66 @ May 16 2005, 10:22 PM)
i don't that much about rush. i have been listening to their stuff for just a few months. but they don't go on with all that rubbish kiss go on with. i mean, critising each other, backstabbing etc. what i find refreshing is someone like ac/dc who are there for the music and free of controversy and just want to play instead of this ego bullshit simmons and co go on with. what are rush like.

I find Rush the perfect band because they give back to their fans, they won't compromise the band's integrity for the sake of sales, they won't backstab eachother and they'll stick together through thick and thin. They're a great unity and great people to look up to - people your kids can look up to! They are role models and are truly some of the best musicians ever - musically and ethically.

QUOTE (sfuentes @ May 17 2005, 12:25 AM)
QUOTE (vitalsigns66 @ May 16 2005, 10:22 PM)
i don't that much about rush. i have been listening to their stuff for just a few months. but they don't go on with all that rubbish kiss go on with. i mean, critising each other, backstabbing etc. what i find refreshing is someone like ac/dc who are there for the music and free of controversy and just want to play instead of this ego bullshit simmons and co go on with. what are rush like.

I find Rush the perfect band because they give back to their fans, they won't compromise the band's integrity for the sake of sales, they won't backstab eachother and they'll stick together through thick and thin. They're a great unity and great people to look up to - people your kids can look up to! They are role models and are truly some of the best musicians ever - musically and ethically.

I couldn't have said it any better no.gif no.gif no.gif 2.gif is just your "blue collar" type of band !!! No Bull Sh** just doing what they do best, playing their music for all to here. Nice post "sfuentes" new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

troutman trink39.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/troutbum/a4231.gif

Agreed. Rush has proved consistently loyal and sincere all through the years. They're true to their music, true to their fans, and most importantly true to themselves. They're not in it for the profits or the fame; they're in it because it's fun and rewarding in an incorporeal way.

(I love these "praise Rush" threads!)

2.gif

And glad to have you with us, vitalsigns66. It's wonderful to hear the Rush magic is always reaching new folks.

trink38.gif

I remember reading an interview a few years ago with Alex while the band was in hiaitus after Neil's tragedies. He was asked the inevitable "What if Neil decides not to come back?" question.

His response (from memory, I have no link) was "Geddy and I will record again, but we won't call it Rush. If it's not the three of us together, it's not Rush".

Thankfully, Neil did, and it was!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

I always thought the same about how they'll never have a Behind the Music because there hasn't been enough controversy - no drug arrests, no car accidents, no fights, no sex scandals, etc - but then I saw the pic in the thread about Geddy's basement and now I know there are going to be problems.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/Geddygal1/Geddy/geddywinecellar2a.jpg

wink.gif

I think it speaks for itself in just the fact that they have never broken up. Since Neil came in, the line has never broken. If there was controversy or anything, it wouldn't be these three guys still going on.

Archived