Vapor Trails Remaster - Scrapped?

Jag2112

I just received an email from Atlantic Records which indicated that Vapor Trails remastered is no longer available for sale, even though each remastered track is available for download on the Atlantic Site.

Does anyone have any additional information on this?

-John

Hi John, we got the same email:

Thank you for ordering from Atlantic Records Online store.  Unfortunately,
Vapor Trails-Remastered , is no longer available for sale and has been
canceled
from your order. Be assured that you were not billed for the order as it
never
shipped to you. It is our policy not to bill for items until they have
shipped.

Again, our sincere apologies and thank you for your understanding. We hope
that
you visit us again.

Regards,

Online Customer Service

comp26.gif comp26.gif comp26.gif confused13.gif fists crying.gif beathorse.gif

What a shame. Really. I'm pissed off about this. They should at least release what results they already had from remastering Vapor Trails, unless they've just been sitting on their asses doing nothing for three years, during the time the fact that it needed to be remastered never passed them by. Wow. I'm pretty mad about this. I do hope that they come back to remastering Vapor Trails. Then again, it was never mastered in the first place. "Oh, they don't care about sound quality. They'll just buy anything that's loud, so that's all we have to do."

I got this from Power Windows.

Vapor Trails Remaster, what's the deal?: Apparently Atlantic Records has once again delayed the release of the Vapor Trails Remaster. Although Atlantic's Rush page still offers it for sale, those that preordered the item from Atlantic's site received the below email just yesterday:

"Thank you for ordering from Atlantic Records Online store. Unfortunately, Vapor Trails-Remastered, is no longer available for sale and has been canceled from your order. Be assured that you were not billed for the order as it never shipped to you. It is our policy not to bill for items until they have shipped. Again, our sincere apologies and thank you for your understanding. We hope that you visit us again." - Email from Atlantic Records, May 16, 2005

Problems with the original release were chronicled in this article written shortly after its original release. What has been confirmed is that the album has been remastered. The question is why is Atlantic delaying its release? - May. 17, 2005

Archived