Nuts.

Mara

With the exception of pistachios and macadamias, don't like 'em.

In particular I do not like them in things, although I won't eat them straight up either. Usually I will pick them out of pastry, like brownies or muffins. I damn sure will pick them out of any cold salad (like chicken salad, for example. I'll finish a serving of chicken salad and there will be a neat little pile of walnuts or pecans or almonds left on the plate, next to the celery pieces).

It's mainly the texture. It's just weird to me, and they SQUEAK when I chew them (especially almonds) and that kinda squicks me out a little.

Edited by Mara

I love cashews, walnuts, and dried peanuts. I can't think of any that I don't like.

I might be a bit selective though if it's part of a recipe of some kind. Sometimes, I like brownies with nuts, sometimes I just want strictly brownies.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 2 2011, 09:42 AM)
I love cashews, walnuts, and dried peanuts. I can't think of any that I don't like.

I might be a bit selective though if it's part of a recipe of some kind. Sometimes, I like brownies with nuts, sometimes I just want strictly brownies.

I agree!

I like caramel cashew ice cream and chocolate macadamia nut ice cream, but In brownies, cookies, cake and stuff like that I generally do not like them at all. I do like them in salads and Chinese food (like Kung Pao or cashew chicken)

By themselves, I like peanuts... and that's about it. Oh, and soybeans. Those are great too. And wasabi peas.

But I actually do enjoy nuts in foods, even like walnut brownies and things. Also, pecans in pie or salads... mmm... or a nut topping on ice cream. That's the best! A little bit of salty to go with the sweet.

And I also like sunflower seeds (do those count?) or soybeans in salads. (:

Yeah if you offer me a brownie with nuts, you will get the death stare from me.

Do not - I reapeat, DO NOT - ruin a perfeclty soft, moist chocolately concoction with friggin nuts that will be stuck in your teeth until your next meal.

Love almost all kinds, in food and by themselves. Don't like peanuts with skin on, though. no.gif Walnuts and brazil nuts are probably my least favorite, but I still like them.

I had macadamia nut pancakes with sliced pineapple and coconut whipped cream at Denny's last Friday. O. M. G. YUM!

Peanuts are the ticket..When I go to a ball game,

It's absolutely mandatory that before I go to my seat,

I stop and get 2 dogs, with all the added ingredients

(mustard,catsup,tons of onion's,and sliced pickles),

bag or 2 of peanuts, and a brew or 2! That HAS to take

place, otherwise the whole event/night gets screwed up..BAD!! yes.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif

I've been reading that nuts every day helps with controlling type 2 diabetes so I make sure to have some on my cereal and snack on some later on. 2 handfuls a day supposedly helps with controlling blood sugar levels as well as keeping chlorsterol down.

love 'em all.

especially walnuts, pecans and almonds. Biggest problem with them is the salted ones are always way too salty. I never add salt to food and most restaurant food tends to be too salty as well.

I love cashews and peanuts.

I like some almonds too. These also rock!

http://www.bluediamond.com/products/images/detail/bold/wasabi/detail.jpg

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Aug 3 2011, 01:14 PM)
I love cashews and peanuts.

I like some almonds too. These also rock!

http://www.bluediamond.com/products/images/detail/bold/wasabi/detail.jpg

Being a Bears fan - I was sure you were going to answer "sweaty"

Nuts are yummy. alone, in salads, (though I'm not partial to them in chicken salad) in baked goods, (even brownies) and in candy.

Love almonds I think most of all (Almond Joy anyone?) and love smoked almonds from the can OOH! delish.

Followed by cashews and Brazil nuts.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Aug 2 2011, 10:23 PM)
Biggest problem with them is the salted ones are always way too salty.

There are a few brands that are making lightly salted nuts - Planters, and many store brands. Have you tried them?

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Aug 3 2011, 08:50 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Aug 2 2011, 10:23 PM)
Biggest problem with them is the salted ones are always way too salty.

There are a few brands that are making lightly salted nuts - Planters, and many store brands. Have you tried them?

I know Fisher makes a dry roasted peanut that is low salt.

I love 'em all, but especially cashews - which are probably the least nutritious of all of them. Almonds are the perhaps the best for you, but in controlled amounts. (That goes for all nuts.) And I love cracking and eating shelled unsalted peanuts.

My little boy is allergic to all nuts, so they get hidden in my house and I only bring them out after he's gone to bed. I also eat them at work.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 4 2011, 08:52 AM)
I also eat them at work.

I almost always have a jar of peanuts on my desk at work. Great for snaking. Better for you than potato chips, and they stick to your ribs better.

QUOTE (umoveme @ Aug 4 2011, 03:27 PM)
I'll never turn down salty nuts.

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0902/i-see-what-you-did-there-demotivational-poster-1235491617.jpg

Blech. Alll of you nut-lovers are more than welcome to my share.