mcflybynight

Go to Rolling Stone Mag...(On second thought,maybe your should'nt.)

If ya want'a get a good dose of garbage.

they've said all kinds vile derogatory s**t about geddy and RUSH..It's frickin' insane what they've said about them.That's why I'll

NEVER set foot in the hall of shame, or buy one of their piece of S**T mags...haven't for yrs and yrs and more yrs..........truly disgusting org. and mag..Anyone who purposely ridicules/makes fun of the 2nd

greatest band EVER.....is gonna get my anger-rath-contempt...

dazed025.gif no.gif angry.gif 1287.gif 062802puke_prv.gif fing.gif wacko.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif rage.gif

The guys of RUSH, put their all into every performance, and all those

yo-yo's can do is make a bunch'a freekin' scum-bag remarks......

Sorry for the rant..it just tics me off..Has since the late 70's.

ranton.gif rantoff.gif

"A cat being swung by its tail" or "going through a meat grinder". Kills me on two levels; that it's being said about Geddy's lovely voice, and that people would talk about doing that to a cat to make the analogy. Admittedly, Geddy's voice is intense and not to everyone's tastes on the first several albums, but do they listen to anything past Permanent Waves? Plus, there are a lot of male singers out there with unusually high voices...that's part of why they're singers, because they have range that not everyone has.

Edit: "Air raid siren" is another one.

Edited by 1 of the 7

When I posted that I was going to see Rush in concert on my Facebook status, a friend replied "That Geddy Lee's voice can best be described as a wail!".

OK, so this is pretty tame compared to other things here.

Personally, I have no complaints about his voice. But then, my voice has been criticized a lot for being loud- so I have no right to judge him.

One of the kinder things said about Geddy's voice is that it's an acquired taste. I can vouch for that. I once hated Geddy's voice. Now I love it so much I'm embarrassed to think of some of the things I said about it in the past!

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Jul 31 2011, 06:27 PM)
Admittedly, Geddy's voice is intense and not to everyone's tastes on the first several albums, but do they listen to anything past Permanent Waves?

Critics should listen to Hold Your Fire, Presto, and Roll The Bones. Geddy's voice was excellent on those albums.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Aug 10 2011, 02:59 PM)
QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Jul 31 2011, 06:27 PM)
Admittedly, Geddy's voice is intense and not to everyone's tastes on the first several albums, but do they listen to anything past Permanent Waves?

Critics should listen to Hold Your Fire, Presto, and Roll The Bones. Geddy's voice was excellent on those albums.

goodpost.gif

Okay, I have to share one anecdote. Back in high school, my mother was driving the car with my friend and me inside. The classic rock station started playing a Rush song, so naturally I turned it up. While my mother sat and suffered, my friend said, "What's the name of this band again? I like them!" When I said it was Rush, she answered, "Yeah, they're awesome. Who's the girl that sings?"
  • Like 1

I think the worst thing I've personally heard was that he sounds like a woman. I think a lot of women would be glad to have Geddy's singing voice. :LOL:
  • Like 1

I think the worst thing I've personally heard was that he sounds like a woman. I think a lot of women would be glad to have Geddy's singing voice. :LOL:

They would also like to have his hair, skin, and metabolism. And patience.

• Like 1

They would also like to have his hair, skin, and metabolism. And patience.

I would just like to have him.

I love his voice. I don't know why people give him such a hard time and not Robert Plant, it's lame.

• Like 1

My vocal range is pretty much the same as his and I'm female! I'm an alto but sometimes sing tenor.

In Beyond The Lighted Stage, someone mentions that his voice was once said to sound like a cat getting chased out the door with a blowtorch up its ass.