• Revenge of the Sith
    • A New Hope
    • The Empire Strikes Back
    • Return of the Jedi

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Jul 24 2011, 09:57 PM)

Luke's final battle with Vader and the Emperor still ranks in my book as the greatest scene from all of the Star Wars films. Nothing else comes close. Right down to the accompanying musical score, it still sends chills down my spine whenever I watch it. I can still remember being in the theater and seeing those death rays coming out of the Emperor's hands, and being totally AWESTRUCK. ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Jesus Christ, THIS RIGHT HERE.

THIS DUEL is the one that DID NOT drag on, like Shitpire.

This is why Jedi is #1.

Plus you know, the kind of biggest space battle in a Star Wars film?

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jul 27 2011, 10:08 AM)
QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Jul 24 2011, 09:57 PM)

Luke's final battle with Vader and the Emperor still ranks in my book as the greatest scene from all of the Star Wars films.  Nothing else comes close.  Right down to the accompanying musical score, it still sends chills down my spine whenever I watch it.  I can still remember being in the theater and seeing those death rays coming out of the Emperor's hands, and being totally AWESTRUCK.  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif

Jesus Christ, THIS RIGHT HERE.

THIS DUEL is the one that DID NOT drag on, like Shitpire.

This is why Jedi is #1.

Plus you know, the kind of biggest space battle in a Star Wars film?

Agreed on all of this.

I, too, clearly remember my jaww hitting the ground when the Emperor threw force lightning. ohmy.gif

The best is probably the original, but Return of the Jedi is my favorite, so I will vote for it. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

#1 is the only crap movie in Star Wars. yes.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

#2 and #3 are awesome! 1022.gif

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jul 27 2011, 11:56 AM)
^^The Darth Maul fight was cool. yes.gif

The rest of the movie was crap. yes.gif
Too bad Darth Maul was in like 2 scenes the whole movie. sad.gif

confused13.gif

Pretty much this entire statement is true for me.

But I also liked the podrace (though granted I was about six when Phantom Menace came out and I only tagged along because my brother went to see it with all his little friends laugh.gif).

But looking back, and of the few times I've sat through it when it's on Spike, Darth Maul was pretty cool. Not a very interesting character (imo) but the double-bladed lightsaber was pretty much the greatest thing ever. biggrin.gif

But all the best special effects in the world can't save a bad script and bad directing... /sigh

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jul 27 2011, 12:52 PM)
Since we're giving the prequels a little love...

Say what you want about Phantom Menace, but the final duel between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gonn on the one side and a double-bladed Darth Maul on the other... that was some serious Jedi-Sith swordfighting action! My favorite duel in all the films. I grew up with Old Man Kenobi, and here was Kenobi workin' a saber like the young Jedi he is. "Luke Who?"

http://www.darthmaul.net/pictures_pics_images_photos/darth_maul_sith_lords_7.jpg

Yes....that battle scene was awesome. Props given. yes.gif

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jul 27 2011, 01:28 PM)

confused13.gif

But I also liked the podrace (though granted I was about six when Phantom Menace came out and I only tagged along because my brother went to see it with all his little friends laugh.gif).

But looking back, and of the few times I've sat through it when it's on Spike, Darth Maul was pretty cool. Not a very interesting character (imo) but the double-bladed lightsaber was pretty much the greatest thing ever. biggrin.gif

But all the best special effects in the world can't save a bad script and bad directing... /sigh

Podrace was kinda cool... confused13.gif

And Darth Maul probably would've been cooler had he been in a lot more scenes. Maybe they didn't feature him because he was a bad actor?? confused13.gif

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jul 27 2011, 06:42 PM)
QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jul 27 2011, 01:28 PM)

confused13.gif

Podrace was kinda cool... confused13.gif

And Darth Maul probably would've been cooler had he been in a lot more scenes. Maybe they didn't feature him because he was a bad actor?? confused13.gif

Probably. He was hired for his martial arts skills, not for his acting.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jul 28 2011, 04:01 AM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jul 27 2011, 12:52 PM)
Since we're giving the prequels a little love...

Say what you want about Phantom Menace, but the final duel between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gonn on the one side and a double-bladed Darth Maul on the other... that was some serious Jedi-Sith swordfighting action!  My favorite duel in all the films.  I grew up with Old Man Kenobi, and here was Kenobi workin' a saber like the young Jedi he is.  "Luke Who?"

http://www.darthmaul.net/pictures_pics_images_photos/darth_maul_sith_lords_7.jpg

Yes....that battle scene was awesome. Props given. yes.gif

Yeah, definitely a great fight scene...including when it was the both of them against Maul. My problem is with the rest of the film.

Those Phantom Menace votes must be a joke. unsure.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jul 29 2011, 07:25 PM)
I'd have to go back and look, but I think the Battle of Coruscant in Ep. III was bigger than the Battle of Endor in Jedi. Granted, Jedi had the Death Star, but for sheer number of ships in the battle, I think Ep. III had more.

You're probably right in the end. But it's not as exciting. I mean really, what is more exciting?: Millenium Falcon, and Red, Blue, Green and Gold Groups pounding the f**k out of the Death Star II and ensuring Imperial Star Destroyer fleet?

Or Anakin and Obi Wan getting harrassed by Buzz Droids?

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jul 29 2011, 09:20 PM)
I'd have to go back and look, but I think the Battle of Coruscant in Ep. III was bigger than the Battle of Endor in Jedi. Granted, Jedi had the Death Star, but for sheer number of ships in the battle, I think Ep. III had more.

You're probably right in the end. But it's not as exciting. I mean really, what is more exciting?: Millenium Falcon, and Red, Blue, Green and Gold Groups pounding the f**k out of the Death Star II and ensuring Imperial Star Destroyer fleet?

it is poorly edited and not exciting. There are two instances of anakin saying the ship the chancellor is on is dead ahead and they are a couple of minutes apart.

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jul 29 2011, 07:20 PM)

Great point! laugh.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jul 30 2011, 12:26 AM)
QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jul 29 2011, 07:20 PM)

Great point! laugh.gif

The main thing I have to say about the opening scene of Eppisode III is at least they got the filler scene out of the way right off the bat.