Steve Wilson - Grace For Drowning

Tony R

QUOTE (Oracle @ Sep 22 2011, 10:05 PM)
Ended up not preordering. Pink Floyd box sorta took importance over this since, as I believe, the new SW album was still a rumor back in May (when the PF box was announced). I will be buying his new album though, on vinyl and CD. Wilson is one of the artists I really consider to be worth my money.

Oracle!

I hear you on the Pink Floyd Box. Hell I want the Japanese SHM pressings of this, but man I've been buying every Japanese remaster and reissue over the years.

When will it stop? Will these versions actually sound the best?

Is it worth the money?

I'm going to have to get a loan man. Japan is killing me.

Japan just released more Thin Lizzy Cd Box sets. Starcastle Box Sets. Black Sabbath Box Sets. Also the first three DIO album boxes are coming with bonus discs.

Ugh.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the album is amazing. Definitely better than Insurgentes, and might even be better than The Incident -- still need time to judge that. I'm hearing lots of King Crimson influence, especially in Raider II (the 23-minute long track). Strong contender for album of the year, can't wait for my CD copy to arrive.

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Sep 23 2011, 01:12 PM)
the album is amazing. Definitely better than Insurgentes, and might even be better than The Incident -- still need time to judge that. I'm hearing lots of King Crimson influence, especially in Raider II (the 23-minute long track). Strong contender for album of the year, can't wait for my CD copy to arrive.

goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Can-Utility @ Sep 23 2011, 12:50 AM)
QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Sep 22 2011, 07:43 PM)
QUOTE (Can-Utility @ Sep 22 2011, 10:22 PM)
Mine's been mailed, haven't received it yet

Where did you order it from?

Burning Shed

I knew I should have went with Burning Shed. I got an email today saying it shipped. A few hours later I got another email saying that it really hasn't shipped and they're not getting the album until Monday, which means it probably won't come until the end of the week. I really don't want to download the leak.

QUOTE (nappy2112 @ Sep 24 2011, 09:08 AM)
Love PT
Like Blackfield alot
No-Man and his solo stuff bore the crap out of me. schla03.gif

couldn't get all the way through the first listening of the new one , but will try again later.

Love No-Man

Like some of his solo stuff

PT and Blackfield bore the crap out of me. schla03.gif

couldn't get all the way through any PT album, ever, and won't try again later.

wink.gif

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Sep 24 2011, 04:22 PM)
QUOTE (nappy2112 @ Sep 24 2011, 09:08 AM)
Love PT
Like Blackfield alot
No-Man and his solo stuff bore the crap out of me.  schla03.gif

couldn't get all the way through the first listening of the new one , but will try again later.

Love No-Man

Like some of his solo stuff

PT and Blackfield bore the crap out of me. schla03.gif

couldn't get all the way through any PT album, ever, and won't try again later.

wink.gif

Good, now sling yer 'ook

it's an ok album. some soundtrack stuff i can deal without. hearing keyboard sounds with abstract instrument noises doesn't make for good listening pleasure. album production is stellar. don't like the drumming at all. should have got gavin for the gig. some of the songs are really good. after two listens it's ok. like insurgents a lot better. Edited by shail

I've read some reviews and there's a mixed reaction.

For those that have heard it, is Remainder The Black Dog one of the better songs? I loved it, so if the album is on that level I'll be happy.

I've been waiting for months and I've had high hopes for this. I don't want to be disappointed.

New album is a masterpiece. PERIOD.

Steven outdid himself...

BTW, from Opeth's facebook:

The long awaited collaboration between Mikael Akerfeldt and Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree) is finally being completed. The project goes under the name of 'Storm Corrosion' and will have a self-titled record out in April 2012 through a yet unnamed label. This album could be seen as the final part in the odd trilogy of records completed by "Heritage" and Steven Wilson's brand new solo album "Grace for Drowning". Read more on Steve Wilson's latest venture at gracefordrowning.com

QUOTE (Soni @ Sep 26 2011, 06:28 AM)
This album could be seen as the final part in the odd trilogy of records completed by "Heritage" and Steven Wilson's brand new solo album "Grace for Drowning".

1022.gif

How cool is that! A trilogy where two parts are separate efforts and the third a collaboration. I have high hopes for an incredible release by SW and MA.

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Sep 23 2011, 04:12 PM)

:woohoo:

Tip for the Blu-Ray

If you click on the "songs" option on the main memory you get presented with the individual songs. Click on any song and you get various options to view video, or lyrics, alternative version, photographs etc!

QUOTE (Tony R @ Sep 27 2011, 03:51 PM)
My special edition just arrived, listening to the Blu-Ray in glorious DTS-Master Audio now.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/reedlover/Iphone/35a98ea2.jpg

I might get a bluray just for that...

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Sep 27 2011, 01:27 PM)
Still waiting on mine, I preordered it from Newburry Comics....should've preordered it from the Shed but oh well.

Well, not necessarily. I pre-ordered from Burning Shed and haven't seen it yet.

All my pre-orders are taking forever!!!!! sad.gif