Steve Wilson - Grace For Drowning

Tony R

http://www.burningshed.com/store/kscope/pr...15/remove/3215/

The album is up for pre-order now. It's available in a standard digibook edition, a vinyl edition, and the eagerly anticipated deluxe edition with the 2 CDs, a BluRay, and a bonus CD of outtakes covered in a hardback book with 120 pages of artwork and notes.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Jul 28 2011, 11:44 AM)

The album is up for pre-order now. It's available in a standard digibook edition, a vinyl edition, and the eagerly anticipated deluxe edition with the 2 CDs, a BluRay, and a bonus CD of outtakes covered in a hardback book with 120 pages of artwork and notes.

ohmy.gif

81 bucks for the deluxe copy?

I guess I'll just be getting the regular edition.

Yeah, I'm facing a dilemma over whether or not I want to pre-order the deluxe edition or play it safe and get the regular edition....

On one hand, I already bought tickets to see Steven's solo tour in NYC, and that's good enough for me...and as long as I have a copy of the thing, I'm alright.

On the other hand, the bonus CD and the BluRay edition looks like it's exclusive to the Deluxe Edition cause I don't see a pre-order for a BluRay only edition...and as an owner of the Anesthetize Deluxe Edition CD/DVD/BluRay, it's definitely a work of art....not to mention that there's an accompanying video for every song on the BluRay, and being a film guy/fan of Lasse Hoile, it's a must have.

I'm probably gonna have to make a decision on whether or not to pre-order the Deluxe Edition cause there's other priorities I have in terms of other albums, live DVDs, shows, etc coming within the next few months. I'm gonna really be in debt by the end of it all regardless. sad.gif

Edited by PolarizeMe

QUOTE (KW84 @ Jul 28 2011, 05:17 PM)

ohmy.gif

I picked up the deluxe edition. I figure what the heck, I have the Insurgentes DE, as well as The Incident and Anesthetize DEs so I might as well keep up the tradition.

I'm going to pre-order the vinyl and double CD editions. The Deluxe Edition isn't something I'm spending money on, it's way too much. Getting the vinyl and CD version will cost half of what the DE costs anyway.

QUOTE (tjtull @ Jul 28 2011, 07:55 PM)
QUOTE (KW84 @ Jul 28 2011, 05:17 PM)

ohmy.gif

I picked up the deluxe edition. I figure what the heck, I have the Insurgentes DE, as well as The Incident and Anesthetize DEs so I might as well keep up the tradition.

omg.... I'm trying to resist picking this up. I got the DE of The Incident, and it was a great investment. This looks like the same quality deal. Ug.... What to do?

Here's an update from Steven Wilson's Facebook regarding pre-ordering the Deluxe Edition...

"You can now pre-order Grace For Drowning from www.gracefordrowning.com. Please note that this time we are making the special edition available locally in several countries to try to keep shipping costs down. US residents especially should order from Newbury Comics and save a small fortune! A stand alone blu-ray edition will also be available."

Well this makes it much easier for me to pre-order the Deluxe Edition now that I could buy it from a US store....it's going to be $118.98 if anyone's gonna order it from Newbury Comics. It's $106.15 on Burning Shed, but that's excluding VAT. I'd take the advantage of pre-ordering this from the US.

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Jul 29 2011, 08:52 AM)
Here's an update from Steven Wilson's Facebook regarding pre-ordering the Deluxe Edition...

"You can now pre-order Grace For Drowning from www.gracefordrowning.com. Please note that this time we are making the special edition available locally in several countries to try to keep shipping costs down. US residents especially should order from Newbury Comics and save a small fortune! A stand alone blu-ray edition will also be available."

Well this makes it much easier for me to pre-order the Deluxe Edition now that I could buy it from a US store....it's going to be $118.98 if anyone's gonna order it from Newbury Comics. It's $106.15 on Burning Shed, but that's excluding VAT. I'd take the advantage of pre-ordering this from the US.

I ordered it LAST NIGHT from Burning Shed! angry.gif What's VAT? It's probably too late to cancel my order.

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Jul 29 2011, 11:20 AM)
VAT is Value Added Tax.

Kind of a weird sales tax thing. Sort of.

I think it's pretty high too. Something like 20%

I emailed Burning Shed to cancel my order with them. That tax you're talking about didn't show on the receipt they emailed me. I'd be pissed if it showed up unannounced out of my bank account!

You gotta go with what you feel. I love the metal side of PT but they've been moving away from it since Deadwing, so I'm OK with whatever SW has in mind.

Plus, he didn't say he was moving away from "heavy" music...so it's all good.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Aug 8 2011, 07:23 PM)
http://www.examiner.com/progressive-metal-...-and-influences

Great interview with Steven on Grace For Drowning. I found the concept of the title interesting.

Awesome interview. I don't think I've ever been more excited to hear an album, as I am to hear GFD. Plus, Heartattack In A Layby is easily one of my favorite PT songs, so it was cool to see a question about it.

i just hope this album isn't to artsy fartsy. don't want to hear sound track stuff. don't want him to try to pull off jazz stuff with jazz musicians.

gary husband is going on tour with him. that should be fun. try holding that guy back behind the drum kit. gavin is great but gary is just incredible.