Tony R

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/reedlover/swilgfdplayer.jpg

Direct link to preview player:

http://www.kscopemusic.com/stevenwilson/gr...3s/myWimpy.html

===============================

Site:

http://www.gracefordrowning.com/

Free Download

Subscribe to the KScope mailing list and receive Remainder the Black Dog, taken from new Steven Wilson's solo album Grace For Drowning.

http://www.burningshed.com/store/kscope/freedownload/11/

Edited by Tony R

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More samples! Nice.

Judging by the samples alone (never a good idea, but they were decent length samples), this has the possibility of being my favorite SW related release EVER. Seriously. It just sounds exactly like I hoped it would...dark, eerie, majestic, expansive, creepy, etc. It's like SW brings you into an alternate universe, plus the artwork always draws me in.

I am so glad this man is making music. He's like the only true, consistently original artist I can think of.

If its not my favorite SW-related album, it will be in my top 5 for sure.

I'm listening to Insurgentes right now, and I agree with tjtull. If its half as good as that then it will be my top album of 2011.

Edited by ColdFireYYZ

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Jul 19 2011, 07:51 PM)
I was finally able to download the free track. The servers crashed and it was unavailable for a few hours. I listened to it once and its stunning. Steve Hackett's guitar sounds great, and SW is a very good keyboard player.

yes.gif

I'm going to love this album!!

Just listened to the free mp3 track, and I'm extremely amazed by what I've heard...that was probably the quickest 9 minutes of my life, but man, I'm really impressed with the samples so far...

Looking at how incredibly cheap the tickets for Steven's show at the Best Buy Theater in NYC are on Ticketmaster (tickets go on sale Saturday), I have enough money to pre-order the special edition for Grace For Drowing, and go see Steven live. This makes me incredibly happy! yes.gif

Edited by PolarizeMe

Unfortunately, but unsurprisingly his solo tour is coming no where near me....

Listened to the track... Loved it... read that Steve Hackett is on some guitars there as well....!

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jul 20 2011, 01:19 AM)

Listened to the track... Loved it... read that Steve Hackett is on some guitars there as well....!

Where is a listing of the musicians playing on the CD? I couldn't find one readily.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jul 20 2011, 06:34 AM)

Where is a listing of the musicians playing on the CD? I couldn't find one readily.

I don't know either, I just know Steve Hackett is on that one song due to Wilson's Facebook post.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jul 20 2011, 10:51 AM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Jul 20 2011, 06:34 AM)

I don't know either, I just know Steve Hackett is on that one song due to Wilson's Facebook post.

ohmy.gif wub.gif

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jul 20 2011, 07:34 AM)

He posted this on Facebook yesterday:

"Remainder the Black Dog" features the line up of: SW - vocals/keyboards, Theo Travis - sax/flute, Steve Hackett - guitars, Nick Beggs - bass, and Nic France - drums.

I listened to this song a bunch of times last night and its epic.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Jul 20 2011, 02:06 PM)
Hackett plays guitar on the download track, Remainder the Black Dog...as stated On ColdFire's post above. You guys should really read all the posts! tongue.gif

Well, I was meaning all tracks all musicians.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jul 20 2011, 01:08 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Jul 20 2011, 02:06 PM)
Hackett plays guitar on the download track, Remainder the Black Dog...as stated On ColdFire's post above. You guys should really read all the posts! tongue.gif

Well, I was meaning all tracks all musicians.

As far as I know no other song info is known.