Site requests

Lost In Xanadu

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 18 2011, 07:42 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Dec 18 2011, 01:38 PM)
CP has a mobile version that works fairly well on my iPhone...

I just looked at CP's mobile skin. I doubt this old version of the board has a mobile template available. Invision stopped supporting this version a while ago.

One thing I'm going to do soon is make a new main header for the two red skins. The current Red Rocks one is an eyesore to me now, and at half a meg is way too big a file for a board header. I'm over the need to have a flashy animated image up there.

You mean this?

user posted image

MOD EDIT: image link fixed

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

QUOTE (Babycat @ Dec 18 2011, 01:35 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Dec 18 2011, 06:37 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Dec 18 2011, 12:35 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 18 2011, 06:32 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Dec 18 2011, 01:16 PM)
how about a mobile version of this site?

I don't own a smartphone, or a phone that can access the internet, or an iPad. I don't own a mobile device, so this is all alien to me. What would we have to do to make a mobile version of the site?

The vast majority of smartphones and tablets can access the site perfectly happily in "desktop PC" mode. The whole point of iPads, iPhones, etc is to get an authentic browsing experience, so mobile versions of sites, in my opinion, are redundant.

not too bad on a tablet, but on an iPhone or similar....mobile versions are better.....to me anyway.

I use a smartphone to access this site, FB and Photobucket. I don't own a PC or a laptop.

Most of my posts are made from my phone, but if I need to type a lot or mess around with pictures and stuff I'll use a computer. Mobile sites are redundant and just annoy me most of the time.

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Dec 23 2011, 06:44 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Dec 18 2011, 01:35 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Dec 18 2011, 06:37 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Dec 18 2011, 12:35 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 18 2011, 06:32 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Dec 18 2011, 01:16 PM)
how about a mobile version of this site?

I don't own a smartphone, or a phone that can access the internet, or an iPad. I don't own a mobile device, so this is all alien to me. What would we have to do to make a mobile version of the site?

The vast majority of smartphones and tablets can access the site perfectly happily in "desktop PC" mode. The whole point of iPads, iPhones, etc is to get an authentic browsing experience, so mobile versions of sites, in my opinion, are redundant.

not too bad on a tablet, but on an iPhone or similar....mobile versions are better.....to me anyway.

I use a smartphone to access this site, FB and Photobucket. I don't own a PC or a laptop.

Most of my posts are made from my phone, but if I need to type a lot or mess around with pictures and stuff I'll use a computer. Mobile sites are redundant and just annoy me most of the time.

Agreed. The RIAB mobile site annoys me to hell. I've stopped visiting it entirely on my phone which used to account for about 75% of my visits.

I think you should have a paypal "DONATE" button on the main page, and add a little money bag symbol or something on the posting side panel to identify the people that donated. (kinda like the * for SOCN members)

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jan 18 2012, 02:49 PM)
I think you should have a paypal "DONATE" button on the main page, and add a little money bag symbol or something on the posting side panel to identify the people that donated. (kinda like the * for SOCN members)

Would it work if the member was from the UK? And using a cell phone instead of a laptop/PC?

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Feb 23 2012, 11:51 PM)
I was thinking that maybe an admin can make a thread and update it everytime someone changes their username. Like post their original username and what they changed it to.

yes.gif The disappearance of Kenneth confused me for a while. unsure.gif

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Feb 24 2012, 06:55 PM)
I was thinking that maybe an admin can make a thread and update it everytime someone changes their username. Like post their original username and what they changed it to.

It took me about a week before I figured out that he changed his name.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Dec 18 2011, 11:28 AM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Dec 18 2011, 01:19 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Dec 18 2011, 06:38 PM)
CP has a mobile version that works fairly well on my iPhone...

I hate it.

The site? Me too... tongue.gif

sad.gif

wink.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 19 2011, 10:23 AM)
^^^ Yes, that. Time to replace that with something simpler, classier and less gaudy. I'm already working on it. wink.gif

For what it's worth, I still love it and think it's brilliant and I will be sad to see it go. sad.gif

I like making animated gifs and that is one of the coolest and well thought out one's I've seen. I'm no artist or anything, but I think it's great. Especially because it's a .gif and alot of times they come out looking really grainy and horrible. That one looks amazing IMO.

Okay here's something that's been bothering me for a while:

Whenever you are logged in and inactive for like 15 min, it marks all posts on the forum as read. Is there a way to change that? It forces me to have to check the whole forum at once if I want to use the go to last post option.

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jun 27 2012, 01:55 PM)

Whenever you are logged in and inactive for like 15 min, it marks all posts on the forum as read. Is there a way to change that? It forces me to have to check the whole forum at once if I want to use the go to last post option.

It marks ALL the posts as read? Like, when viewing them from inside a forum (RS, for example)?

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Feb 25 2012, 05:16 AM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Feb 24 2012, 06:55 PM)

It took me about a week before I figured out that he changed his name.

It has that effect on me, too... tongue.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 27 2012, 01:30 PM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jun 27 2012, 01:43 PM)
GG must have stuff to do outside this site because the Anthems have not been updated yet laugh.gif

Exactly right. She'll get around to it.

I think Jag2112 put them all on his Cygnus-X1 site so that will make it easier.

There are a few typos in there...

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jun 28 2012, 10:27 AM)
GG must have stuff to do outside this site because the Anthems have not been updated yet laugh.gif

Yeah, I remember seeing a few. Luckily for us, GG is a master at spoting typos. yes.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 28 2012, 10:08 AM)

Yeah, I remember seeing a few. Luckily for us, GG is a master at spoting typos. yes.gif

I had previously sent her all the lyrics including intros.. all personally inspected, sans typos. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jun 28 2012, 01:15 PM)

I had previously sent her all the lyrics including intros.. all personally inspected, sans typos. biggrin.gif

The whole album? I know you sent Headlong Flight a while back.

Jag2112's were scanned from the CD booklet, I believe.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 28 2012, 12:25 PM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jun 28 2012, 01:15 PM)

The whole album? I know you sent Headlong Flight a while back.

Jag2112's were scanned from the CD booklet, I believe.

Yeah. I just forwarded to you. I figured her plate was full and she just didn't get to it.

I lifted it fron Jags. There was a typo or two and a couple of sentences left off a couple intros. I believe I fixed all errors.p

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 27 2012, 02:32 PM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jun 27 2012, 01:55 PM)

It marks ALL the posts as read? Like, when viewing them from inside a forum (RS, for example)?

Well say I'm reading posts. Then I get interrupted and leave the computer for 20 min. When I come back and go back to the main forum page, or home page, all posts have been marked as read, except for posts in the last 20 min. wacko.gif

Even that one? tongue.gif