Site requests

Lost In Xanadu

I didn't see a thread, so I thought maybe this could be a good "one stop shopping" for site updates members would like to see?

One thing I would like to see is the subforums listed under their forums on the main page - so you could directly click to Grand Designs and Finding My Way, and see what the most recent post was in that subforum

• Like 1

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jul 14 2011, 01:52 PM)
I didn't see a thread, so I thought maybe this could be a good "one stop shopping" for site updates members would like to see?

One thing I would like to see is the subforums listed under their forums on the main page - so you could directly click to Grand Designs and Finding My Way, and see what the most recent post was in that subforum

Guess I picked a bad day for starting this thread with all the SOCN excitement keeping you guys busy smile.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jul 14 2011, 03:16 PM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jul 14 2011, 01:52 PM)

Guess I picked a bad day for starting this thread with all the SOCN excitement keeping you guys busy smile.gif

I was thinking about this recently. I like the idea a lot, but I'm not sure if this particular board will allow it. Definitely worth looking into, and we will.

Can we get an icon or a word or something by "Location" or wherever that indicates sex?

Male

Female

Unknown (I mean Undisclosed)

Sometimes it completely changes your perspective on a post....

• Like 1

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Dec 15 2011, 12:09 PM)
Can we get an icon or a word or something by "Location" or wherever that indicates sex?

Male
Female

I'd like to add that too, but it isn't something that a click of a checkbox can make happen. We have to write that into the code.

We'll get around to that someday soon, hopefully.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 15 2011, 12:22 PM)

Male
Female

I'd like to add that too, but it isn't something that a click of a checkbox can make happen. We have to write that into the code.

You rock! So... I should stop holding my breath... for now? Give me some time to go get a slice of chocolate cake....

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Dec 15 2011, 07:23 PM)

Male
Female

You rock! So... I should stop holding my breath... for now? Give me some time to go get a slice of chocolate cake....

I take it I'm not the only one who gets a little confused...

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Dec 15 2011, 10:06 PM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Dec 15 2011, 11:09 AM)

Male
Female

Man, you totally ripped my idea. laugh.gif

"Unknown" is more likely these days...

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Dec 15 2011, 02:23 PM)

Male
Female

No, nobody should be hold their breath on any of these. Anything that requires code work is kind of a pain and is time consuming, and spare time is a luxury right now. But hopefully that will change.

But we would like to add these little things, so don't be afraid to make suggestions.

QUOTE (Babycat @ Dec 15 2011, 07:35 PM)

You said it, brother! trink39.gif

oh...wait wacko.gif

laugh.gif

• Like 1

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Dec 17 2011, 10:50 AM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Dec 15 2011, 07:35 PM)

You said it, brother! trink39.gif

oh...wait wacko.gif

laugh.gif

You got that right, sistah..! wink.gif

Er...

biggrin.gif

ph34r.gif

These improvements sound great! I also agree with Khan that the 2112 sightings should be pinned on the Rush board. We don't need a thread every time someone sees 2112.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Dec 18 2011, 01:16 PM)
how about a mobile version of this site?

I don't own a smartphone, or a phone that can access the internet, or an iPad. I don't own a mobile device, so this is all alien to me. What would we have to do to make a mobile version of the site?

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 18 2011, 12:32 PM)

I don't own a smartphone, or a phone that can access the internet, or an iPad. I don't own a mobile device, so this is all alien to me. What would we have to do to make a mobile version of the site?

It's a matter of getting a mobile template.....

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 18 2011, 06:32 PM)

The vast majority of smartphones and tablets can access the site perfectly happily in "desktop PC" mode. The whole point of iPads, iPhones, etc is to get an authentic browsing experience, so mobile versions of sites, in my opinion, are redundant.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Dec 18 2011, 12:35 PM)

The vast majority of smartphones and tablets can access the site perfectly happily in "desktop PC" mode. The whole point of iPads, iPhones, etc is to get an authentic browsing experience, so mobile versions of sites, in my opinion, are redundant.

not too bad on a tablet, but on an iPhone or similar....mobile versions are better.....to me anyway.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Dec 18 2011, 06:37 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Dec 18 2011, 12:35 PM)

not too bad on a tablet, but on an iPhone or similar....mobile versions are better.....to me anyway.

I use a smartphone to access this site, FB and Photobucket. I don't own a PC or a laptop.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Dec 18 2011, 01:38 PM)
CP has a mobile version that works fairly well on my iPhone...

I just looked at CP's mobile skin. I doubt this old version of the board has a mobile template available. Invision stopped supporting this version a while ago.

One thing I'm going to do soon is make a new main header for the two red skins. The current Red Rocks one is an eyesore to me now, and at half a meg is way too big a file for a board header. I'm over the need to have a flashy animated image up there.