Did Rush Do Any Drugs

Nate2112

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jul 17 2011, 10:45 AM)

My "defense" of the band is no different than the "defense" of the band by users.  They really really want the band to be users like they are, while myself and others want to see them as FORMER or INFREQUENT users, or maybe even completely drug-free.  We all create Ged in our own image.

Does it really matter to you whether they are FORMER or INFREQUENT users? How does that affect you if they are or aren't?

I'm about 98% sure that they don't PERFORM while under the influence of anything.  You can't accurately play music as complex as they do while drunk, stoned, tripping, etc.

Quite possibly, and I don't recall anyone here suggesting that they might perform while high....maybe they do though....who knows? who cares? You go to the show and are happy with their performance, that's what matters.

Really, two packs a day?  Do you hang out with him for days at a time?  How do you know this?

Ok, so lets say a pack a day, still FAR worse for you than the herb (like I said above). I though I've read that he smoked almost 2 packs, but I whatever....I don't really care. And sorry I can't provide you concrete evidence of that. You get my point though.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were in their position during Caress when the band was failing, major pressure from the record company, trying to compete with similar bands like Yes and writing very creative music, then yeah Id be all jacked up on something too, so I really cant blame them.

They were young and it was the 70s. It was very common. Not that it wasnt always common among bands in any decade, but it seemed more like it was just a casual thing to do to drop acid or sniff a few lines back then. You really dont hear about this with bands too much anymore like you used to.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jul 18 2011, 09:38 AM)
If I were in their position during Caress when the band was failing, major pressure from the record company, trying to compete with similar bands like Yes and writing very creative music, then yeah Id be all jacked up on something too, so I really cant blame them.

They were young and it was the 70s. It was very common. Not that it wasnt always common among bands in any decade, but it seemed more like it was just a casual thing to do to drop acid or sniff a few lines back then. You really dont hear about this with bands too much anymore like you used to.

it would be silly to believe they started smoking during CoS.

The most likely scenario is they started back in Canada, continued to get high for quite a few years and Possibly slowed down as they got older and still occasionally partake. imo the least likely to still smoke is Neil, he just enjoys alcohol too much. The most likely is Alex since he likes to party.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jul 18 2011, 09:21 AM)

The most likely scenario is they started back in Canada, continued to get high for quite a few years and Possibly slowed down as they got older and still occasionally partake. imo the least likely to still smoke is Neil, he just enjoys alcohol too much. The most likely is Alex since he likes to party.

I think Neil still smokes regularly...

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jul 18 2011, 10:30 AM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jul 18 2011, 09:21 AM)

I think Neil still smokes regularly...

he might

I just want to chime in for the first time in a long time by saying that I'm listening to Power Windows at a very high volume, and I'm baked just right.

Mystic Rhythms, indeed.

Edited by Kenny Olav

QUOTE (Kenny Olav @ Jul 18 2011, 09:58 PM)
I just want to chime in for the first time in a long time by saying that I'm listening to Power Windows at a very high volume, and I'm baked just right.

Mystic Rhythms, indeed.

Are you with Rush?

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jul 18 2011, 09:16 PM)

Mystic Rhythms, indeed.

Are you with Rush?

According to that recurring dream I keep having, yes, yes, I am.

QUOTE (Kenny Olav @ Jul 18 2011, 10:23 PM)

Mystic Rhythms, indeed.

Are you with Rush?

This amused me way too much. z7shysterical.gif

Mystic Rhythms, indeed.

Are you with Rush?

that might just mean you got some good shit.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jul 18 2011, 10:20 PM)

Mystic Rhythms, indeed.

Are you with Rush?

Aye, and I've worked hard to earn it too.

Time to slip off into dreamland right now in fact. Lately, I've had much stranger dreams than performing Free Will on stage.

Nice chatting. I think I'll stop by more often. bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (Kenny Olav @ Jul 18 2011, 11:55 PM)

Mystic Rhythms, indeed.

Are you with Rush?

Time to slip off into dreamland right now in fact. Lately, I've had much stranger dreams than performing Free Will on stage.

Please do.

Oh and your location, that's where my dad works.

Do you go near Harbor Towers? If so, Do you know Jason Guerrette?

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Jul 19 2011, 12:31 PM)
QUOTE (Kenny Olav @ Jul 18 2011, 11:55 PM)

Are you with Rush?

Please do.

Oh and your location, that's where my dad works.

Do you go near Harbor Towers? If so, Do you know Jason Guerrette?

I work very close to those towers. I can see them from my office. I don't know Jason.

QUOTE (sonictheplumber @ Jul 21 2011, 08:56 PM)
how does this thread have 6 pages

confused13.gif

beathorse.gif

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Jul 22 2011, 12:59 AM)
QUOTE (HowItIs @ Jul 22 2011, 02:24 AM)
QUOTE (sonictheplumber @ Jul 21 2011, 08:56 PM)
how does this thread have 6 pages

confused13.gif

beathorse.gif

OP: Did Rush do drugs?

1st post: Yes, but not anymore.

End of story.

rofl3.gif

Yep.