03 - Best Song From Caress Of Steel

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1172 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• Bastille Day
    • I Think I'm Going Bald
    • Lakeside Park
    • The Necromancer
    • The Fountain of Lamenth

Easy.

I love this album, and the best reason to explain why is simple: Track One.

• Like 1

Bastille Day- 10/10

I Think I'm Going Bald- 9/10

Lakeside Park- 9/10

The Necromancer- 10/10

The Fountain Of Lamneth- 9/10

How on earth can I really be expected to pick a favourite song? CoS is bettered only by AFTK as an album, counting only the seventies. Rock and Roll heaven!

Bastille Day- 10/10

Lakeside Park- 9/10

The Necromancer- 10/10

How on earth can I really be expected to pick a favourite song? CoS is bettered only by AFTK as an album, counting only the seventies. Rock and Roll heaven!

Hemispheres and 2112 are better overall in my view but COS is still real good....
  • Like 1

Bastille Day- 10/10

Lakeside Park- 9/10

The Necromancer- 10/10

Hemispheres and 2112 are better overall in my view but COS is still real good....

CoS through to Presto is my favourite album streak of any band or artist ever. Picking a firm favourite out of this lot is virtually impossible.

ATM it is GUP.

Troutman sent me a Rush book, and last night I was reading about Caress of Steel. Did you know they recorded the album in three weeks? Amazing what you can do when you are young! :) :codger:

Most of the best albums were rush recorded (no pun intended). That spontanaiety makes for urgent, exciting music methinks!

• Like 2

Lakeside Park is splendid!

But CoS is a 9.5/10 for me.

wouldn't it be fitting if they did I think I'm going bald, on the next tour? Alex should grow his hair out again… or can he??

Just got this on Christmas from iTunes. Certainly extremely awesome! After listening all the way through twice, I'm really struck by the emotion in Ged's voice, mainly during the two epics. Though I've yet to delve into the lyrics and story, I can tell some really awesome stuff is going on during both "The Necromancer" and "The Fountain Of Lamneth" story wise. Honestly both are about equal for me, with "Bastille Day" just barely behind. I like "Lakeside Park," and "I Think I'm Going Bald" makes me laugh more than want to skip the track, but neither one stands up to the other three tracks by a long shot. In the end I went with "The Fountain Of Lamneth," only because it's the longest of my three top picks, but they're all great. It's an awesome record.