03 - Best Song From Caress Of Steel

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1172 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• Bastille Day
    • I Think I'm Going Bald
    • Lakeside Park
    • The Necromancer
    • The Fountain of Lamenth

Lakeside Park cause it was one of the first Rush songs I ever learned on the guitar.

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Aug 24 2004, 06:14 PM)
Went with Fountain, because it is their first full length piece, but would also like to add that it could have been divided up, as each tune is stand alone as well as part of the greater whole.

In the Valley, Didacts and Narpets, No One At The Bridge, and Bachus Plateau in particular (but that really only leaves out Panacea, since the end is pretty much In the Valley).

COS is the first Rush album I ever bought. To learn Bastille Day for the band I was in when I was 12.

yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif Right with you

fountain is the one

1022.gif

Bastille Day, its the most enduring to me of all the tracks. Caress is a pretty good record, but its almost like a warm up for 2112.

The rest of the album falls in like this:

2-The Necromancer

3-Lakeside Park

4-The Fountain of Lamneth

5-I Think I'm Going Bald

QUOTE (troutman @ May 17 2005, 10:33 PM)
I have to confess... I never really liked the studio version of Bastille Day or Lakeside Park. I first got into 2.gif with ATWAS!!! I was spoiled with those versions and when I heard the studio version of both songs it just never clicked with me.

I feel ya on that one. I got ATWAS when I was 5 as a birthday present and after hearing the live versions of those songs, the studio versions just don't justice to how well they play them live. I guess that's why I chose The Necromancer. Thinking back on it I listened to that album so damn much, I thank my dad for introducing me to the greatest band ever. 2.gif

Hmm, there's a trend in my voting... all my fave songs so far have been the album opening tracks!

'Bastille Day' has such an energetic groove; it's heavier, and I can listen to it over and over.

'Lakeside Park' is a fave, too - always puts me in a relaxed mood, picturing those willows in the breeze!

I voted Bastille Day.

Good rockin' tune! 2.gif yes.gif