eggs is eggs...how do you like?

Okay, I typically like either fried or scrambled.

Now, the way I cook fried eggs is that I heat a good chunk of butter in the pan. Once it starts to "sizzle" I break the egg and attempt to keep the yolk intact. I then add a good helping of salt and pepper on one side. Before it's completely white, I flip the egg to cook that side...again while keeping the yolk in tact.

I eat two fried eggs with hot buttered toast and sop up the yolk with it.

I always add in the salt pepper while it's cooking NEVER after the fact like you would do in restaurants.

With scrambled, I just mix up the eggs add salt and pepper and add to the frying pan with the melted butter.

I like deviled eggs, but it must have some kick to it.

I like boiled eggs but typically chopped up in a salad.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like them far, far away from me. Or in the trash. (Not news to most people on here).

I probably wouldn't eat an egg even if I were facing imminent starvation, I hate them that much. I can cook with them fine (like baking cakes and cookies and things) and I love mayonnaise.

But if a dish has even the faintest essence of egg to it, I am not touching it. Things like quiches and custards are way too eggy for me.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 26 2011, 09:25 AM)
I like them far, far away from me. Or in the trash. (Not news to most people on here).

I probably wouldn't eat an egg even if I were facing imminent starvation, I hate them that much. I can cook with them fine (like baking cakes and cookies and things) and I love mayonnaise.

But if a dish has even the faintest essence of egg to it, I am not touching it. Things like quiches and custards are way too eggy for me.

That is a damn shame. But I understand what you mean. As a child, peanut butter was that way for me; except I only hated it because the smell induced a gag reflex. I was so ashamed because I was the only kid who couldn't eat PBJ sandwiches. But I loved foods with peanut butter in them.

What about frozen custard? That tastes like ice cream (at least I can't really tell). You'd probably like that.

I love quiche!!! I want one now!!

Over easy and served on top of my hash browns. I then dice the eggs and has browns together letting the yolks create an egg and hash brown soup. Add Ketchup and tabasco to taste. I only add pepper because the ketchup and tabasco are already salty.

I like them scrambled or fried, hard-boiled in an egg cup, in an omelette, bit so-so poached, but I don't know what 'devilled' means.

When I was at school, a few kids had egg sandwiches which was, to some people, gross, and stank out the school buses.

Having said that, I don't actually know what 'Eggs Benedict' looks like. Could someone post a pic of one, please? Thanks.

I like 5 types equally:

1) Scrambled- With lots of milk to expand it.

It's gotta have a good dosage of salt & pepper,

otherwise, it's -throw it in the trash/or out the window- time!

shreded ham and cheese , always works for me.

2) Fried- yoke unbroken, lots of salt /pepper.

I also like putting them on two sour-dough toasted slices.

Can't beat dippin' the egg, toast in the " missour-a sope".

(This little # is usually called " Egg-on-toast". I've been

eating this one since I was knee-high-to-a-grasshopper!!)

3) Omelette- with lots of ham and cheese and salt/pepper.

4) Hard-boiled eggs- Chopped up into a bunch of pieces

with a fork, and AGAIN a good dose of salt & pepper!

5) Fried egg sandwich with cheese and mayo..excellent.

..Oh, and the 1st 3 HAVE GOT TO BE washed down with a big

tall glass of Chocolate-flavored milk..I know-I know I'm

a big kid at heart...oh well....so so salie chalie! lol new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Anyway, It's all tasty good stuff, amigas and amigos !!!!

Edited by go2wrk@95974

My favorite is sunny side up, over toast. Scrambled is good too. Or fried and inside a toasted english muffin.

And I agree with CT about the salt and butter. Eggs are only good when properly salted and prepared in tons of butter.

QUOTE (Babycat @ Jun 26 2011, 12:57 PM)
Having said that, I don't actually know what 'Eggs Benedict' looks like. Could someone post a pic of one, please? Thanks.

I can help. They look like a slightly solidified chunk of child's vomit.

Three eggs, scrambled well, poured into a non-stick pan and allowed to set up, shredded Monterey Jack, a small amount of chopped very fine green onion, fresh Alaskan King crab legs placed all over it, folded over-----best omelette you will ever eat! Edited by vital signz

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 26 2011, 07:11 PM)
Having said that, I don't actually know what 'Eggs Benedict' looks like. Could  someone post a pic of one, please? Thanks.

Oh cripes...

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 26 2011, 02:11 PM)
Having said that, I don't actually know what 'Eggs Benedict' looks like. Could  someone post a pic of one, please? Thanks.

sad.gif eyesre4.gif

No, no, no, no, no. dazed025.gif Eggs Benedict is a poached egg with Canadian bacon bacon.gif (BAM!!) and a tasty, lemony cheese sauce called Hollandaise - all on an English muffin.

Essentially, an Egg-McMuffin is a bastardized eggs benedict.

That sounds really good, Vital Signz.

I'm gonna have to try that one next time.

(just had 3 fried(( yoke unbroken 2, 1 broken egg)) -on toast

just now for lunch...tasted awesome!)

...Didn't chuck it out the window..but I was seriously tempted!

Thanks for the info! biggrin.gif

Edited by go2wrk@95974

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 26 2011, 03:25 PM)

But if a dish has even the faintest essence of egg to it, I am not touching it. 

Is this a woman thing, as my mum and sisters can't stand the sight of an "eggy" plate on the worktop (not that i'd leave the slightest trace of egg on my plate).

Per your request...

http://thesouthinmymouth.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/eggs-benedict.jpg