Ryan Dunn of "Jackass" Killed in Car Crash

ALifeson85

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 20 2011, 02:42 PM)
Yet nobody says a word about the poor person he Killed

huh.gif huh.gif huh.gif huh.gif huh.gif huh.gif huh.gif

???????????????????????

Whaaa? You mean the poor victim who got into a Porsche with a drunk jackass?

To be sure...it's still very, very unfortunate when otherwise fine people believe they are above the consequences of self-destructive actions. While this is not really a tragedy since they did it to themselves, it is no less a sad, sad waste.

Edited by ioc

QUOTE (ioc @ Jun 20 2011, 03:41 PM)

???????????????????????

To be sure...it's still very, very unfortunate when otherwise fine people believe they are above the consequences of self-destructive actions. While this is not really a tragedy since they did it to themselves, it is no less a sad, sad waste.

You don't think the person he killed has a family or friends ?

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 20 2011, 05:10 PM)

???????????????????????

According to that link at the top, they don't know which of the two guys was driving the car.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 20 2011, 04:17 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 20 2011, 05:10 PM)

???????????????????????

According to that link at the top, they don't know which of the two guys was driving the car.

I read somewhere that he was driving but they almost always get the facts wrong at first .

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 20 2011, 04:10 PM)

???????????????????????

No doubt; but I don't think he killed them. I have little doubt that they're still alive.

I was speaking to your comment about the "poor person he killed," not his family. If that was the case, why not include his family too? Is it no less a loss for them?

QUOTE (ioc @ Jun 20 2011, 04:23 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 20 2011, 04:10 PM)

???????????????????????

No doubt; but I don't think he killed them. I have little doubt that they're still alive.

I was speaking to your comment about the "poor person he killed," not his family. If that was the case, why not include his family too? Is it no less a loss for them?

absolutely . When i hear of this kind of stupidity, i think right away of the passenger and Their family . This kind of thing happens way too much

I enjoyed the show and the movies and you have to realize that one doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the other. Everything on tv is not as it seems. Those stunts they did were controlled and there was a lot of "acting" on them. This was just a dumb decision to get drunk and drive like assholes. It could happen to anyone, jackass or not.

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Jun 20 2011, 06:14 PM)
Anyone who drives under the influence of alcohol (let alone at 100mph!) deserves to die. Sorry.

Maybe they deserve to sideswipe a tree and get injured, and maybe learn a lesson, but deserve to die? That's not fair to the loved ones they leave behind. IMO.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 20 2011, 06:16 PM)
Anyone who drives under the influence of alcohol (let alone at 100mph!) deserves to die. Sorry.

Maybe they deserve to sideswipe a tree and get injured, and maybe learn a lesson, but deserve to die? That's not fair to the loved ones they leave behind. IMO.

It's not fair to the tons of innocent motorists and pedestrians he could run down either.

I don't always wish death upon people, but when I do, it's because they drove drunk.

Stay thirsty, my friends.

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Jun 20 2011, 06:21 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 20 2011, 06:16 PM)

It's not fair to the tons of innocent motorists and pedestrians he could run down either.

I don't always wish death upon people, but when I do, it's because they drove drunk.

Stay thirsty, my friends.

I will quote Gandalf on this one- "Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life... Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment."

RIP Jackass dude, and friend. Only immortal for a limited time (for another good quote). It's tragic.

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Jun 20 2011, 05:14 PM)

Or maybe they need to get arrested and seek treatment.

I want to say that in 1988 I was a drunk ass who was in a car with a drunker ass and he crashed big. My right arm was shattered and I was lucky to be alive. It was a horrific crash. The car was totaled. My friend ran a stop sign and we got hit by a car traveling 55 miles an hour.

My best friend was in critical condition for two weeks.

My friend who was driving is fortunate the people in the other vehicle were ok, for the most part.

Drinking and driving is as dumb as it gets.

The night forever changed my life, and the repercussions of it (like needing my shoulder replaced) are a constant reminder.

You know, as awful a decision as this was, we're all forgetting something. Someone else decided to drive drunk and died because of it. It seems to me that this thread has been devoted to accusing Dunn of a deserved death when he had an entire life to live. Bottom line is that there is now two victims of drunk driving who has died because of it, and we should at least send our best wishes to the families of the victims.

Jesus Christ people... this thread is downright sick.

Are we so conditioned to vilify people who are guilty of something so commonplace as driving drunk, that we cheerlead their DEATHS? This thread really disgusts me. I can't believe how people have been turned into such sickening busybody zealots, that they turn a tragedy into a parade for their cause.

73 hit the nail on the head, nobody deserves to die like this. Those cheerleading a fatality are IMMENSELY more disgusting than anyone who's ever driven drunk, IMO.

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Jun 20 2011, 08:55 PM)
Jesus Christ people... this thread is downright sick.

Are we so conditioned to vilify people who are guilty of something so commonplace as driving drunk, that we cheerlead their DEATHS? This thread really disgusts me. I can't believe how people have been turned into such sickening busybody zealots, that they turn a tragedy into a parade for their cause.

73 hit the nail on the head, nobody deserves to die like this. Those cheerleading a fatality are IMMENSELY more disgusting than anyone who's ever driven drunk, IMO.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Jun 20 2011, 07:40 PM)
I want to say that in 1988 I was a drunk ass who was in a car with a drunker ass and he crashed big. My right arm was shattered and I was lucky to be alive. It was a horrific crash. The car was totaled. My friend ran a stop sign and we got hit by a car traveling 55 miles an hour.
My best friend was in critical condition for two weeks.
My friend who was driving is fortunate the people in the other vehicle were ok, for the most part.
Drinking and driving is as dumb as it gets.
The night forever changed my life, and the repercussions of it (like needing my shoulder replaced) are a constant reminder.

I've absolutely no tolerance for drunk driving AT ALL. There need to be more intense punishments for it. Like...you lose your license FOREVER and go to jail for 20 years. There's no excuse why someone can't pick up the phone and call a taxi. Live in the middle of the country? Tough tits..walk your ass home.