Er, Hi.

Griffon

Hi all,

Griffon here--been a Rush fan for many years, became one sometime around the time of Presto, started eagerly gobbling up all the old stuff, and have never really stopped since then.

The great thing about Rush is even the stuff I initially dismissed I'd revisit later and end up liking . . .they are a rather "evergreen" band that way, I think.

So, hellooooo . . .helloooooo . . .hello! smile.gif

Thanks much, guys--there's so much here it's a bit overwhelming and a bit intimidating, but it's nice to be welcome. smile.gif

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Jun 17 2011, 10:57 PM)
bncegrn.gif Welcome! bncegrn.gif

I'm newer to being a big Rush fan, but it's definitely fun to try and catch up! Did you catch any shows this tour?

Hope you have lots of fun here - see you around! bekloppt.gif

Sadly no--I'd been moving house by the time they started on tour and they were never close enough to me that I could make a pilgrimage to see them.

That said, I will make every effort if they should come round again now that that's all settled, because really, I can never see them live enough, really. smile.gif

QUOTE (Griffon @ Jun 17 2011, 10:33 PM)
QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Jun 17 2011, 10:57 PM)
bncegrn.gif Welcome! bncegrn.gif

I'm newer to being a big Rush fan, but it's definitely fun to try and catch up! Did you catch any shows this tour?

Hope you have lots of fun here - see you around! bekloppt.gif

Sadly no--I'd been moving house by the time they started on tour and they were never close enough to me that I could make a pilgrimage to see them.

That said, I will make every effort if they should come round again now that that's all settled, because really, I can never see them live enough, really. smile.gif

Cool! I wish things had worked out better and I could have seen them more this year myself. Here's to lots of opportunities next year for both of us!

"evergreen"...I like that.

So, Welcome to TRF! Been a RUSH fan for 28 years, a TRF member for 3.

You dont have to take your shoes off at the door, but dont put them up on the table. Drinks in the fridge, snacks in the cupboard. Relax, take a look around...we'll be here when you're done. smile.gif

Thanks again, y'all--nice that it's so welcoming here.

@1 of the 7--I hope so. Now that things have calmed down (mostly) I'm hoping I can line up a concert when they do the next leg of the tour. From the Time Machine stuff I've seen so far, I'd hate to miss it completely.

@Queen of Megadon--Thanks! I've been a fan so long I lost count of the years. Glad to know the etiquette is so informal here.

smile.gif

@Good, bad andrush--thanks so much!