Holy Crap! Xanadu-1990

HigherWater

Surfing Rush tubes in search of some great Peart moments after all the hating that's been going on. This is just amazing. So powerful and fluid. I think this might be Neil at his peak.

Edited by HigherWater

Good stuff applaudit.gif

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Jun 15 2011, 07:46 AM)
Yeah, the footage is crystal clear..

Ahhh yes, life before digital video. I actually kind of dig how the laser is coming right at the camera.

The point of this posting was to show Neil in a different light. All the negativity was getting me down.

I feel like this message board needs a serious dose of Effexor. (That's an anti-depressant)

Legendary stuff. I so love Neil with double-kick bass config. Ludwig era. 21 years back, Toronto, their home.

http://andrewolson.com/Neil_Peart/Replicas/replica_gallery/roshambo_glamour_NEP.gif

QUOTE (LyndseyG @ Jun 15 2011, 02:11 PM)
Great stuff! Xanadu is one of my favourites!

Same here; I just got into it after realizing that my initial reaction to "Natural Science" was 100% right (cool first half, completely unnecessary second half, nice ending) and going back to "Xanadu" to see if it would be a fitting replacement as a favorite. I don't know why, but I always thought of it as just another "Jacob's Ladder" - thank God that I saw how wrong I was!

QUOTE (HigherWater @ Jun 15 2011, 03:01 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Jun 15 2011, 07:46 AM)
Yeah, the footage is crystal clear..

Ahhh yes, life before digital video. I actually kind of dig how the laser is coming right at the camera.

The point of this posting was to show Neil in a different light. All the negativity was getting me down.

I feel like this message board needs a serious dose of Effexor. (That's an anti-depressant)

This board is mild compared to some. You should see the ripping Queensryche gets on a certain board. You would think Geoff Tate(singer) insulted all the posters mothers or something. I had to leave it was so depressing to read.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 15 2011, 03:46 PM)

This board is mild compared to some. You should see the ripping Queensryche gets on a certain board. You would think Geoff Tate(singer) insulted all the posters mothers or something.

That is because everyone knows [except Tate himself] that he shit on their legacy and they are a completely different band now . Rush fans are just picky biggrin.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 15 2011, 03:54 PM)

This board is mild compared to some. You should see the ripping Queensryche gets on a certain board. You would think Geoff Tate(singer) insulted all the posters mothers or something.

That is because everyone knows [except Tate himself] that he shit on their legacy and they are a completely different band now . Rush fans are just picky biggrin.gif

Yeah...I wasn't all that crazy about SnA but I didn't call Geddy names or anything:)

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 15 2011, 06:08 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 15 2011, 03:54 PM)

Yeah...I wasn't all that crazy about SnA but I didn't call Geddy names or anything:)

laugh.gif I hear ya . I hate S&A but that is a bit much trink39.gif

QUOTE (HigherWater @ Jun 14 2011, 06:15 PM)
Surfing Rush tubes in search of some great Peart moments after all the hating that's been going on. This is just amazing. So powerful and fluid. I think this might be Neil at his peak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMjWK6Tz78M&feature=related

I was there! My first RUSH concert.

I remember they transitioned from xanadu into Superconductor. wtf.gif

QUOTE (P-Tor @ Jun 15 2011, 09:14 PM)

Ah let's not foregt the RTB encore ender..."Boink plap Riff Riff Riff...Bink Plap..Riff Riff Riff" ....etc etc...Ugh.

as witnessed here ( this one not as bad as others)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbqcXv-HlQw...tailpage#t=422s

QUOTE (P-Tor @ Jun 15 2011, 09:14 PM)

Ah let's not foregt the RTB encore ender..."Boink plap Riff Riff Riff...Bink Plap..Riff Riff Riff" ....etc etc...Ugh.

as witnessed here ( this one not as bad as others)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbqcXv-HlQw...tailpage#t=422s

Hey look everyone.

Just so you don't think it's recent, looks like they were complaining about "all the negativity" five years ago here too. :LOL:

I keep telling you infidels this all the time! ;)

The "all the negativity" and "TRF isn't the same" lines have been said intermittently since '08! :LOL:

• Like 1

QUOTE (HigherWater @ Jun 14 2011, 06:15 PM) Surfing Rush tubes in search of some great Peart moments after all the hating that's been going on. This is just amazing. So powerful and fluid. I think this might be Neil at his peak.

I'm glad the video ended before the transition. Xanaconductor...one of the few dark moments in Rush concert history...

• Like 3

Whatever were they thinking?

God only knows. I think they did as a joke. A cruel joke on us. LOL.

• Like 1