"I'll Never Eat THAT Again!!"

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Babycat @ Oct 6 2011, 02:33 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Oct 6 2011, 10:13 PM)
QUOTE (Barchetta82 @ Oct 6 2011, 03:39 PM)
Balut. A Filipino delicacy which is a nearly fully-formed duck or chicken embryo. The bird is mostly there, complete with beak and feathers. It's hard-boiled and served as a snack food.

http://www.ramendays.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/balut_embryo.jpg

Oh god. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

I think I feel a bit ill... new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

I've often said that I will eat anything, anywhere.

But not this.

I have met the one food item I will not eat.

I will not eat this anywhere.

I will not eat this anytime.

Sam I am.

duck tongue. It was ordered for me when I was in Taiwan, and I ate it. It was disgusting. Never again.

QUOTE (Pags @ Nov 5 2011, 10:44 AM)
duck tongue. It was ordered for me when I was in Taiwan, and I ate it. It was disgusting. Never again.

Gotta say Pags that sig of yours... love that movie

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Nov 5 2011, 06:10 PM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Nov 5 2011, 10:44 AM)
duck tongue.  It was ordered for me when I was in Taiwan, and I ate it.  It was disgusting.  Never again.

Gotta say Pags that sig of yours... love that movie

Thanks trink39.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Nov 5 2011, 07:31 PM)
Has anyone had smalahove?

ETA: It's reportedly a "delicacy." Trying hard not to barf everyone.

I'm surprised I haven't, because we're in touch with the Norwegian part of my family and been over there. I've got to remember to ask my mother - she might have had it, or might remember if I've put it out of my mind.

We've had all sorts of other weird stuff over there...salami-type meat made out of horse, reindeer meat, etc. The night we had the reindeer meat, they showed slides of the hunt after dinner. Luckily, I fell asleep lying on the floor. Thank Ged. Mom (not a squeamish person at all) had all she could do to keep dinner from resurfacing tongue.gif

How about haggis? Fridge (where IS he, btw? I miss him sad.gif ) is quite fond of it. Scotsmen swear it's the best thing ever, but it seems like ONLY the Scots like it. I can't get past the fact that it's cooked, and served, in a STOMACH.

QUOTE (Janie @ Nov 6 2011, 09:31 AM)
Has anyone had smalahove?

ETA: It's reportedly a "delicacy." Trying hard not to barf everyone.

I guess for us North Americans it may seem grotesque. However, I'm not sure most of us would be grossed out if we saw a fully roasted pig with an apple in its mouth. I think many would think that apple-biting pig is delicious (I know I do). So, in regards to sight alone, smalahove isn't thaaaaat big of a difference from the aforementioned. The problem (mine anyways) is that there probably isn't much meat in there. I'd give smalahove a go if I'm at a party or whatnot but I don't think I'd order it in a restaurant.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze