Neil to be on Letterman..

liddybuck01

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard about this a month or so ago, but didn't know the details.

If it's Drum Solo Week, I'd guess he has his own night? Surely he'll talk, and as he proved on Colbert, he's surprisingly pretty good at that kind of banter.

well, I think he will just perform. other people performing that week don't seem interesting enough to interview, so why would Neil be any different?

also, wonder what else he will be doing in NY. more appearances??

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ May 27 2011, 12:30 PM)
QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ May 27 2011, 12:11 PM)
$20 says he won't speak laugh.gif

No speaking and will probably sprint off stage to get away from all the people trying to get him.

but not before killing a few kittens

Hmmmmm. I watch Letterman every day and this has not yet been mentioned on the show. Although sometimes I do fast forward if he goes off on a "cranky old man" rant. They've done stuff like this in the past. Magician week and ventriloquism week come to mind. Hopefully they'll give each drummer a few minutes (at least) to go nuts.

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ May 27 2011, 04:37 PM)
hmm... like how this appears HOURS after I started this thread, yet I got no credit....

http://www.rushisaband.com/blog/2011/05/27...David-Letterman

apparently someone else emailed him some info- Dawn O.

he credited me the one time i sent some info.

anyways this is great news and probably the first time i will watch letterman live since the 80's........... cool10.gif

I'm sure it was someone who saw this. I don't read that website, but I saw a friend had linked it on facebook.

sorry. I'm just annoyed by people who take credit for something they didn't do.

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ May 27 2011, 10:46 PM)
I'm sure it was someone who saw this. I don't read that website, but I saw a friend had linked it on facebook.

Do you write for Entertainment Weekly?

If not... confused13.gif

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ May 27 2011, 02:46 PM)

Those dirty, rotten bastards!

angry.gif

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ May 27 2011, 02:56 PM)
I just can't see Neil doing this.

Me either, it's so random even if he is the obvious choice when you think of "drum solo"

QUOTE (Tony R @ May 27 2011, 05:29 PM)

If not... confused13.gif

my point was that I mentioned it here before it was even posted on the site. if they were on their game they wouldve caught it first.

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ May 28 2011, 12:12 AM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ May 27 2011, 05:29 PM)

If not... confused13.gif

my point was that I mentioned it here before it was even posted on the site. if they were on their game they wouldve caught it first.

QUOTE (MCM @ May 27 2011, 07:10 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadoood @ May 27 2011, 02:56 PM)
I just can't see Neil doing this.

Me either, it's so random even if he is the obvious choice when you think of "drum solo"

Same here. However, I may try to see this.

Seems kinda fishy on the date of him being on Letterman though. Letterman's show is recorded live about 4pm, it is then broadcast later that night. If you look at the touring schedule, Neil would have to play the concert in South Carolina on the 8th, then haul ass 700 miles up to New York, get some sleep and get up and do the taping by 4pm the next day.

Then, he has to haul ass another 1300 miles back down to New Orleans to play another concert the very next day on the 10th. This would all seem a bit hectic to me, traveling 2000 miles round trip just to spend 30 minutes doing the Letterman bit, in between two concert dates so close together.

Maybe Neil's part of the show could be pre-recorded when Rush gets back from Europe after the Germany show on May 29th, before they even play in South Carolina. But that would be kinda strange also having to do that. It's a paradox! cool10.gif

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ May 27 2011, 02:30 PM)
QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ May 27 2011, 12:11 PM)
$20 says he won't speak laugh.gif

No speaking and will probably sprint off stage to get away from all the people trying to get him.

The majority of the people there watching won't even know who he is.

QUOTE (SiriusRushFan @ May 29 2011, 12:22 AM)
Seems kinda fishy on the date of him being on Letterman though. Letterman's show is recorded live about 4pm, it is then broadcast later that night. If you look at the touring schedule, Neil would have to play the concert in South Carolina on the 8th, then haul ass 700 miles up to New York, get some sleep and get up and do the taping by 4pm the next day.

Then, he has to haul ass another 1300 miles back down to New Orleans to play another concert the very next day on the 10th. This would all seem a bit hectic to me, traveling 2000 miles round trip just to spend 30 minutes doing the Letterman bit, in between two concert dates so close together.

Maybe Neil's part of the show could be pre-recorded when Rush gets back from Europe after the Germany show on May 29th, before they even play in South Carolina. But that would be kinda strange also having to do that. It's a paradox! cool10.gif

I was thinking the same. Then again, maybe they do have a time machine making it possible. cool10.gif

It doesn't actually say he will APPEAR on that particular show....

"Drum Solo week" could mean a lot of different things and my hunch would be that they will simply show one of Neil's solos or possibly even do a live feed to wherever he is at the time. But as others have said there's no way he'll appear at that broadcast...too hectic