Worthy of the Limelight?

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 23 2011, 08:16 PM)
QUOTE (Ben vk @ May 23 2011, 09:11 PM)
Just realised that there's a million posts on this forum from guys playing drums to Limelight.

Sorry to have bothered you all.

"Limelight" is probably the most covered song by people like us. It's fun to play by all three instruments, it has that classic Rush vibe, and yet it's not the hardest Rush song to play (though it's not exactly easy either).

No reason why you shouldn't have added yours to the mix. All are welcome, whether you've been playing for a year, or 30. cool.gif

If I were to cover a song, I would probably pick Red Barchetta (if I could find a backing track).

Or, since I have a cowbell, Witch Hunt could probably work.

And there's always Superconductor rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Ben vk @ May 23 2011, 08:05 PM)
QUOTE (ChroniclesOfRush @ May 24 2011, 12:48 AM)
Not bad - keep up the practice. Tempo was good for sure and defintely lighten up a tad will ya guy? RUSH is not an angry sport.

Oh you know what? this thread has got me all confused to hell!

I think I know who are the real drummers because they have given me good advice and I appreciate it.

But I didn't post this thread for advice, I get enough of that from my teacher and the vdrum forum!!

You all tell me to lighten up.

I have!

So, you guys lighten up!

Listen to my recording of Limelight.

It was supposed to make you feel happy and not that you all wanted to tell me what I was doing wrong for f*cks sake!

I don't like drummers for this very reason..... comp26.gif

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ May 24 2011, 01:00 AM)
QUOTE (Ben vk @ May 23 2011, 07:56 PM)
What a strange forum.

I thought it's suppose to be a celebration of Rush music from people who love them and play their music to the best of their abilities, no matter what.

I didn't realise that it was full of half arsed music teachers trying to preach to others!

All the world's indeed a stage

And we are merely... preachers?

Advocates and teachers

Each another's mentor in this delightful place.

Pretty good, eh?

Not bad, I like that.

Anybody else here who plays drums who we can rip the shit out of? oops.gif

QUOTE (ChroniclesOfRush @ May 24 2011, 01:24 AM)
QUOTE (Ben vk @ May 23 2011, 08:05 PM)
QUOTE (ChroniclesOfRush @ May 24 2011, 12:48 AM)
Not bad - keep up the practice. Tempo was good for sure and defintely lighten up a tad will ya guy? RUSH is not an angry sport.

Oh you know what? this thread has got me all confused to hell!

I think I know who are the real drummers because they have given me good advice and I appreciate it.

But I didn't post this thread for advice, I get enough of that from my teacher and the vdrum forum!!

You all tell me to lighten up.

I have!

So, you guys lighten up!

Listen to my recording of Limelight.

It was supposed to make you feel happy and not that you all wanted to tell me what I was doing wrong for f*cks sake!

I don't like drummers for this very reason..... comp26.gif

I'll be sure to mention your complaint about drummers to Neil on Wednesday.

I'll be sure to mention your complaint about drummers to Neil on Wednesday.

QUOTE (Ben vk @ May 23 2011, 08:32 PM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ May 24 2011, 01:00 AM)
QUOTE (Ben vk @ May 23 2011, 07:56 PM)
What a strange forum.

I thought it's suppose to be a celebration of Rush music from people who love them and play their music to the best of their abilities, no matter what.

I didn't realise that it was full of half arsed music teachers trying to preach to others!

All the world's indeed a stage

And we are merely... preachers?

Advocates and teachers

Each another's mentor in this delightful place.

Pretty good, eh?

Not bad, I like that.

Anybody else here who plays drums who we can rip the shit out of? oops.gif

I play drums, but I'm not so sure about ripping... stuff. I'm more of a careful dismantler biggrin.gif .

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 24 2011, 01:42 AM)
QUOTE (Ben vk @ May 23 2011, 09:40 PM)
I seem to be a piss people off percussionist!  eh.gif

How old are you, if I may ask? I'm thinking under 18 if you've been playing for only a year.

Once again, your thinking is completely wrong.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 23 2011, 07:23 PM)
QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ May 23 2011, 08:18 PM)
It was good. Keep it up!

Now get working on 57/64 time signatures. I actually punched in this time sig a few days ago. lol

And I felt weird when I came up with a section (not in the song you heard part of) that included time sigs of 15/16 and 19/16. Those are like 4/4 compared to 57/64. laugh.gif

LOL. For the purpose of full disclosure, it was actually silence. I had to punch it in in order to get the film frame to line up with the first beat. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ May 24 2011, 10:06 AM)
It was good. Keep it up!

Now get working on 57/64 time signatures. I actually punched in this time sig a few days ago. lol

And I felt weird when I came up with a section (not in the song you heard part of) that included time sigs of 15/16 and 19/16. Those are like 4/4 compared to 57/64. laugh.gif

LOL. For the purpose of full disclosure, it was actually silence. I had to punch it in in order to get the film frame to line up with the first beat. laugh.gif

Cheater!

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 24 2011, 09:11 AM)
QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ May 24 2011, 10:06 AM)
It was good. Keep it up!

Cheater!

Yea, I guess so! lol. If I was preparing this for an orchestra, 3 measures would have been a 2 measure retard, (musically speaking, of course). laugh.gif

by the way, I have a friend who composes all of his songs in 1/4 time signature so that he can add a beat to a measure without having to adjust the conductor track.

Edited by Cowtothesky