Styx: What's your opinion?

treeduck

STYX what's your take?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. STYX what's your take?

• 1 They're good, I have their three best albums, Pieces, Equinox, Illusion
    • 2 I like one or two songs of theirs, the rest I avoid
    • 3 They're a great, great band. I have all their albums, all are good.
    • 4 I'm indifferent to Styx, I've heard their stuff and it left me feeling blank
    • 5 I hate Styx, they suck, they should be called STYNX, de Young is a clown
    • 6 I've not heard anything by them, and I don't think I'd like them
    • 7 This is a band that passed me by, I have no opinion on them at all
    • 8 I like some of their stuff, one side of an album here, another side there
    • 9 I like Styx a little, musically, but I hate De young's vocals
    • 10 I used to like them but now I find them hard to listen to
    • 11 I used to hate them, I got into them recently but I'm no Styx freak
    • 12 I've never heard of Styx but maybe I'll check them out one day

2003's Cyclorama was a FINE album. The fact that they can't justify making a new album for 13 years now saddens me. More nostalgia-only bullshit touring until you puke. No thanks. You're a band. Make a f***in' record.

Yea lots of bands fall Back on that. Which is a shame. i know it's easy money but it's sad.

Mick

At least Kansas have returned to the studio!

um.....they have?

well knock me over.

Mick

Yes! I follow them on Faceboob

Many men love faceboob.......me included.

My 12 inner year old just laughed so hard, lol

Mick

Is Faceboob an actual thing?

No I am not looking it up haha

• Like 1

I can't believe my entire life built up to a point where I had to ask that question.
  • Like 1

2003's Cyclorama was a FINE album. The fact that they can't justify making a new album for 13 years now saddens me. More nostalgia-only bullshit touring until you puke. No thanks. You're a band. Make a f***in' record.

Yea lots of bands fall Back on that. Which is a shame. i know it's easy money but it's sad.

Mick

um.....they have?

well knock me over.

Mick

Mick

i will say probably, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

um.....they have?

well knock me over.

Mick

Mick

i will say probably, lol

Mick

Oh my...lololol.

I am sure Treeduck will know...

Yeah on Feb 5th they uploaded a pic of work in the studio.

New Kansas 2016!

Just as I am warming to the entire post Drastic Measures output!

• Like 1

80's Kansas is way better then i ever gave it Credit for.

I'd like a new Styx album. if only because Deyoung won't be there.

He really is a con towards the band. Great albums. but it really doesn't matter to me.

sad.

Mick

• Like 2

DeYoung gets too much for me as well.

I love Styx, and enjoy many of his contributions. But aside from three albums, the rest of the classic ten album run is a mood thing. If I am in the mood for that style, I go for Kansas most of the time!

• Like 1

I went through a paradise theatre phase once. I think I was 11.

I had grand illusion on 8 track. Love their old hits. Quite proggy at times.

I think i recall an interesting article about what a fine tuned touring outfit they are? The point was they have played a tremendous number of shows each year for many years.

Dennis DeYoung might have been controlling and stifling, but I think Tommy Shaw is 1000% in the wrong for deciding to Bob Daisley/Lee Kerslake the guy and create revisionist Styx history where he didn't exist.

Not even f***ing Paul and Gene tried to erase Ace and Peter's existence from KISS like that.

• Like 1

Dennis DeYoung might have been controlling and stifling, but I think Tommy Shaw is 1000% in the wrong for deciding to Bob Daisley/Lee Kerslake the guy and create revisionist Styx history where he didn't exist.

Not even f***ing Paul and Gene tried to erase Ace and Peter's existence from KISS like that.

They didn't try to erase his memory, they just tried to give the new singer as much of a footing within the fanbase as possible. Foreigner did something similar.

I like Edge Of The Century, but it sounds very different. All In A Day's Work is a really beautiful song.

They didn't try to erase his memory, they just tried to give the new singer as much of a footing within the fanbase as possible. Foreigner did something similar.

On their official website, Styxworld, Used to make mention of Dennis DeYoung in their bio until sometime in the mid 2000s when they decided that Dennis is pretty much "He who shall not be named" and revised their bio with every reference to Dennis DeYoung deleted.

Their bio has since been deleted and just been replaced with "Styx, conquering the world one amphitheatre at a time", but I clearly remember the revised bio metioning the Panozzo brothers many times in their early history, but make absolutely NO reference to DDY.

On their official website, Styxworld, Used to make mention of Dennis DeYoung in their bio until sometime in the mid 2000s when they decided that Dennis is pretty much "He who shall not be named" and revised their bio with every reference to Dennis DeYoung deleted.

Their bio has since been deleted and just been replaced with "Styx, conquering the world one amphitheatre at a time", but I clearly remember the revised bio metioning the Panozzo brothers many times in their early history, but make absolutely NO reference to DDY.

Well, I wouldn't take it personally. They had a fall out and they wanted to focus on their best aspects from their perspective.