R30 DVD???? Does anyone know when??

ugo

No one knows, but if you look at "Rush in Rio" dvd, it came out, if i remember right, about 1 year after the tour was finished. Hopefully it will come out end of this year. smile.gif

QUOTE (ugo @ May 5 2005, 12:41 PM)
I didn't know that a R30 DVD was in the works. Does anyone know when that should be available?

Nothing official on an R30 DVD has been said yet. We can only go by the fact that big $$$ were spent digitally filming some of the Germany dates. Why go through the trouble of doing it if it wasn't going to result in something? Common sense dictates that we'll see a DVD from the R30 tour, but that doesn't necessarily mean there will be one. But the "Project R30" Radio City Music Hall dvd is about as good as they come unless it is an official release.

I found this on http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/News.htm :

Rush 30th Anniversary DVD in the works?: Geddy Lee confirmed that Rush filmed their Sep. 24, 2004 R30 show "as a historical record of 'this' tour". A recent industry article, however, makes it seem that a great deal of cost and effort went into the recording for a simple "historical record":
"Brad Madix leans over an 80-input Yamaha PM1D inside the cavernous Festhalle, the centerpiece of Frankfurt's Messe convention complex....A crew of 14 cameras is shooting footage for what will ultimately become Rush's second DVD music video. The fact that the cameras are HD, shooting in 1080p, indicates the band and its management plan a long and profitable revenue life for this project, well into the arrival of the next generation of high-density disc formats (HD-DVD and Blu-ray Disc) and the proliferating number of high-def broadcast outlets in the U.S. and elsewhere...The video shoot was financed by the band and its Canadian management company, Anthem Entertainment, and will cost several hundreds of thousands of dollars by the time post-production and 5.1 mixing are finished. Thus, it wouldn't be surprising if the evening's emphasis naturally tended to be on the shoot over the show. 'The video is expensive, true, and it will be around for a long time in the form of a DVD,' Maxix concedes." - Rushing Into Something New, FOH Meets DVD on the Rush European Tour, FOHonline, Jan. 2005

QUOTE (Phoenix @ May 5 2005, 02:32 PM)
I found this on http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/News.htm :

Rush 30th Anniversary DVD in the works?: Geddy Lee confirmed that Rush filmed their Sep. 24, 2004 R30 show "as a historical record of 'this' tour". A recent industry article, however, makes it seem that a great deal of cost and effort went into the recording for a simple "historical record":
"Brad Madix leans over an 80-input Yamaha PM1D inside the cavernous Festhalle, the centerpiece of Frankfurt's Messe convention complex....A crew of 14 cameras is shooting footage for what will ultimately become Rush's second DVD music video. The fact that the cameras are HD, shooting in 1080p, indicates the band and its management plan a long and profitable revenue life for this project, well into the arrival of the next generation of high-density disc formats (HD-DVD and Blu-ray Disc) and the proliferating number of high-def broadcast outlets in the U.S. and elsewhere...The video shoot was financed by the band and its Canadian management company, Anthem Entertainment, and will cost several hundreds of thousands of dollars by the time post-production and 5.1 mixing are finished. Thus, it wouldn't be surprising if the evening's emphasis naturally tended to be on the shoot over the show. 'The video is expensive, true, and it will be around for a long time in the form of a DVD,' Maxix concedes." - Rushing Into Something New, FOH Meets DVD on the Rush European Tour, FOHonline, Jan. 2005

I heard the crowd were pretty "dead" during the German shows.

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ May 6 2005, 05:30 PM)

Let's hope this happens, I know what I want for Christmas this year.

We'll all have to look out for Phoenix.

Easy, just look for the only figure standing in a pile of ashes and catching fire biggrin.gif

Archived