young female Rush fans..

liddybuck01

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Apr 24 2011, 07:54 PM)
I saw this thread at the main page and thought it sounded a bit shady. Glad I was wrong...

I thought this too.

I'm turning 19 next month, and I got in to Rush about this time 5 years ago, so when I was turning 14. I've always been an Alex girl myself, and he's just getting more and more fabulous as the years go by. What a well dressed man.

Funny story: I went to the Hamilton show on Tuesday, and upon walking in to a bar for supper with my boyfriend, four middle-aged men shouted "Oh my god! A FEMALE RUSH FAN!" and started cheering loudly. It was a little embarrassing, but we do seem to be a little out numbered by our counterparts (no pun intended, I swear).

Oh well, the days go on. We love the boys just as much as anyone else. And age is never a factor when it comes to music, in my opinion.

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Apr 24 2011, 10:23 AM)
QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Apr 23 2011, 06:48 PM)
It's not about age or time, it's about enjoying supreme bands & enriching your life with the glorious gift of music!

goodpost.gif

Great memories in your current sig, too, TMD! wub.gif

It was a very special night with some very special people. Thanks gm/ yabigtree!!! (Hugs) bekloppt.gif

Anyway ladies, Stand up for what you believe in!! applaudit.gif

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Apr 25 2011, 09:31 AM)
I think it should be compulsory for female Rush fans to win meet and greets laugh.gif

yes.gif yes.gif goodpost.gif

QUOTE (SeamusWiles @ Apr 24 2011, 08:19 PM)
honestly, I don't think I've ever met a female under 30 who even knew who Rush was

Well, while I am currently over 30, I've been a fan since I was 14. Not just a "casual" fan...full-on, "Rush are the F-ing Holy Trinity of Rock" type fan. Honestly, within a week of hearing them for the first time (and knowing the name of the band...I had known songs like Tom Sawyer and Spirit of Radio for years and liked them, but never knew who did them) they were my favorite band, and that position has never been compromised. I remember getting high-fives and a lot of "HELL YEAH's" at my first concert in 1997, when I air-guitared, air-bassed and air drummed through 2112, all without missing a lyric. I was one of the few females there. It didn't ever really register with me until later how relatively rare female Rush fans were. confused13.gif Guess it just never really mattered because I was in love with the music.

I still get a lot of high-fives, knuckle bumps and "HELL YEAH's" at concerts, because I rock out like nobody's business!! laugh.gif

Edited by Rushchick10

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Apr 25 2011, 09:31 AM)
I think it should be compulsory for female Rush fans to win meet and greets laugh.gif

yes.gif goodpost.gif

Post of the week? laugh.gif

I'm going to be 23 in 10 days. . . been a (huge, crazy, enthusiastic, devoted) fan since I was 18! cheer.gif Edited by Kelly D

Edited by HowItIs

QUOTE (realomind @ Apr 23 2011, 09:13 AM)
What the hell is up with people declaring that someone is too young to listen to a band!!! wtf.gif What does it matter lol. But yeah, in terms of the guys themselves, i'm in my thirties and the individuals I find myself attracted to always happen to be older. It's not a prerequisite or anything lol, it just usually ends up being the case.

I'm the same way, ever since I was little I've always ended up attracted to people significantly older than me. Though of course it's not just people I'm attracted to, most of my interests are "beyond my time". But like you said, it's not a requirement, it just ends up that way. That's where I usually find quality stuff, I can hardly relate to most of my own generation at all. (I'm 27)

I'm almost 18 and female.

My parents introduced me to Rush several months ago - now I'm a bigger fan then they are tongue.gif I basically wasted 17 years of my life listening to junk. Back when I was 12, I thought Nickelback was the best thing ever.

Good Lord...why.

I'm new - glad to be here.

QUOTE (smsterner94 @ Jul 24 2012, 08:26 PM)
I'm 18 and I love them!!! I love the music, lyrics, personalities, and they're all hot!! haha  biggrin.gif  NeilFinal.gif  GeddyFinal.gif  AlexFinal.gif  heart.gif  laugh.gif

THIS. Geddy has a nice ass.

QUOTE (PaganMother @ Jul 31 2012, 09:23 PM)
I'm almost 18 and female.

My parents introduced me to Rush several months ago - now I'm a bigger fan then they are tongue.gif I basically wasted 17 years of my life listening to junk. Back when I was 12, I thought Nickelback was the best thing ever.

Good Lord...why.

When I was 12 I was all over NSYNC, Backstreet Boys, Britney, O-Town, etc.

15-16 it was all top 40 junk.

17+ it's been all classic/some new rock for me.

It's a good thing tastes change with time smile.gif

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Aug 1 2012, 04:47 PM)

I'm new - glad to be here. [/quote]

Good to read that. There is still hope for my almost 15 year old daughter.

I'm 14 and their fan since I was 10... Actually, I turned my dad into Rush! laugh.gif

It's harder to find any Rush fan here where I live, even a 50-odd fan. It's kinda "Rush... what... oh yeah, McGyver's song!" and stuff like that. But it's nice to feel you're underground, and, while your friends listen to Lady Gaga or anything, you go to school in Rush's teeshirts. It's so much fun. cheer.gif

2.gif 4EVER, girls!

:GeddyFinal: :AlexFinal: :NeilFinal:

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Aug 2 2012, 03:42 PM)

It's a good thing tastes change with time smile.gif [/quote]
Good to read that. There is still hope for my almost 15 year old daughter.

Honestly, get her to play some Guitar Hero or Rock Band. That's what initially got me into the classics some years ago. Not even Rush specifically, just classic/new rock in general.

2.gif

I finally feel like I'm home. Have been a RUSH fan for 34 years. Have seen them 19 times and will be seeing them twice this tour (so far) ... 12-Oct at the Wells Fargo Center then again 6 days later at the Bell Centre in Montreal. All this with my Filipina wife (her 3rd and 4th shows) and my 10 year old daughter (her 2nd and 3rd shows).

When I first started seeing RUSH, you were hard pressed to find a woman at the show, let alone an attractive one, but over the years, things have changed.

Question for Kelly D - did you make it onto the Time Machine DVD? There's a woman looking just like you rocking to BU2B.

Just curious.

2.gif

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Aug 14 2012, 07:53 PM)

Good to read that. There is still hope for my almost 15 year old daughter. [/quote]
Honestly, get her to play some Guitar Hero or Rock Band. That's what initially got me into the classics some years ago. Not even Rush specifically, just classic/new rock in general.

Or just sit her ass down and force her to rock...

I'm 33 but look younger. I still get carded quite a bit which is a nice compliment.

I didn't get into Rush hardcore until about two years ago but I always knew who they were since my dad liked them. He even went to a show of theirs back in the 70s, I think shortly after Neil joined the band. (He's still into them although not as much as I am.) The first song I liked of theirs was "The Big Money" back when I was about 7 or 8. Then when I was 18, I listened to "Chronicles" quite a bit. But the bug finally bit for real in 2010. Not quite sure why it took so long but I'm glad that it did happen! As such, I saw them on the Time Machine tour last year and will be traveling to Seattle this fall to see them and once again, I have a seat on the floor. Hopefully I'll get carded at the gig when I buy beer. trink38.gif

Long live Rush!

QUOTE (moodysunflower @ Sep 9 2012, 06:22 PM)
I'm 33 but look younger. I still get carded quite a bit which is a nice compliment.

I didn't get into Rush hardcore until about two years ago but I always knew who they were since my dad liked them. He even went to a show of theirs back in the 70s, I think shortly after Neil joined the band. (He's still into them although not as much as I am.) The first song I liked of theirs was "The Big Money" back when I was about 7 or 8. Then when I was 18, I listened to "Chronicles" quite a bit. But the bug finally bit for real in 2010. Not quite sure why it took so long but I'm glad that it did happen! As such, I saw them on the Time Machine tour last year and will be traveling to Seattle this fall to see them and once again, I have a seat on the floor. Hopefully I'll get carded at the gig when I buy beer. trink38.gif

Long live Rush!

Lucky you! I'm 21 and lately I haven't been carded much at all for alcohol, mostly at bars/clubs. Why didn't I go to these places when I was underage?? sarcasm.gif

tongue.gif