young female Rush fans..

liddybuck01

I was noticing that I'm one of the younger female fans on here. I mean, age doesn't really matter, it's just interesting. a lot of the ladies Ive met are a little older than me. or maybe I am old and just don't realize it lol

I just hate that people assume my parents got me into Rush, or my other favorite bands, for that matter.

I'm only 24, but sometimes I feel 45 lol

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Apr 20 2011, 09:47 PM)
I kinda meant of us ladies who fawn over the guys lol

Most of my time here is spent in the Ged-Thread. There doesn't seem to be any point to this thread.

Edited by thing2jordan

I'm 18. OLD. /shot

And for the record my dad and my brother got me into Rush. But I am a bigger fan than both of them! However, I'm not ashamed nor embarrassed to admit that. My family generally has good taste in music.

But I agree there has been an increase in younger ladies around here. It's great though! When I first joined TRF I was worried I would be surrounded by people my dad's age (which isn't a bad thing) but I was pleasantly surprised to find a few people around my age. Especially guys. They seem to get into Rush even being as young as I, or younger. But I suppose I can't be surprised. I've liked Rush since I was around 12 or 13, but I didn't get into the whole fanbase thing until very recently.

Edited to add that I really don't spend as much time in the NWW thread as I did when I first joined. I don't know; less time on my hands and what time I do get I devote to the Rush topics. But I do like to peek at the Neil thread if it's ever active. Guess I'm not really helping that though. |:

Edited by CMWriter

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Apr 20 2011, 06:22 PM)
I was noticing that I'm one of the younger female fans on here. I mean, age doesn't really matter, it's just interesting. a lot of the ladies Ive met are a little older than me. or maybe I am old and just don't realize it lol

I just hate that people assume my parents got me into Rush, or my other favorite bands, for that matter.

I'm only 24, but sometimes I feel 45 lol

I've had the reverse experience. Everyone here seems so young! Most of the women here seem to be a lot younger than I am. I'm almost as old as the members of our favourite trio. But I'm young at heart! I'm a relatively new Rush fan compared to my husband who was a fan in high school in the 70's. It doesn't matter, though. Everyone on this board loves Rush.

common001.gif bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Apr 20 2011, 07:41 PM)
Yeah the few friends i have my age dont get it lol at least i have my husband, but i still think im a bigger fan lol

Most of my friends don't get it either. You either get Rush or you don't. I think I'm a bigger fan than my husband too.

I'm seventeen and a proud, passionate Rushian. biggrin.gif 1022.gif

One of my teachers once told me that Rush is an "old" band for me to be into. They may be old, but they kick ass! There's far more talent in their pinky fingers than many modern "artists" could attain in a lifetime. 1287.gif

Also, Geddy, Alex and Neil may be forty-plus years my senior, but that doesn't stop me from finding them attractive. Especially Geddy. wub.gif

What the hell is up with people declaring that someone is too young to listen to a band!!! wtf.gif What does it matter lol. But yeah, in terms of the guys themselves, i'm in my thirties and the individuals I find myself attracted to always happen to be older. It's not a prerequisite or anything lol, it just usually ends up being the case.

QUOTE (IChoseFreeWill @ Apr 22 2011, 05:17 PM)
I was told once that I was too young to like Rush. This was earlier this year. I am 33 years old. I have a professional job that requires a Masters' degree. And you are never too young to like Rush.

And I'm 32, work at a job where I put my life on the line every shift (been in the same career field for 7 years), have an 11-year-old son (named after Alex Lifeson and shaping up to be quite the little Rush fan) and have been a Rush fan going on 18 years. I'm kinda in that middle area...not a new fan, but not a fan from "back in the day." I've seen them 13 times in concert, and that number will be at least 16 before this tour is over. No one "got me into" Rush, I kinda stumbled upon them in my impressionable youth, and they have been my absolute favorite band ever since.

I would also gladly bear Geddy's children, but that's for another thread. tongue.gif

Well said sir! smile.gif

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Apr 23 2011, 10:48 PM)
It's not about age or time, it's about enjoying supreme bands & enriching your life with the glorious gift of music!

I absolutely agree ... what matters most is the music and the enjoyment of it ... not what age you are, how long you've been a fan, how many times you've seen them etc ... theu're just fripperies new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Edited by FoxxiStarr

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Apr 23 2011, 06:48 PM)
It's not about age or time, it's about enjoying supreme bands & enriching your life with the glorious gift of music!

goodpost.gif

Great memories in your current sig, too, TMD! wub.gif

I'm 23 and a Rush fan and a big fan of classic rock in general. In my experience, I've had people complement my taste in music because I'm young and its not usually typical for young people to like classic rock or old music. Plus, in my family, we pretty much like all the same music together so I have a family of good music tastes biggrin.gif . I think is awesome when a younger generation is into older music..makes me happy.

But theres no such thing as being TOO young to like a band....thats just silly! I've liked The Beatles for as long as I can remember; ever since I was a little kid.

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Apr 24 2011, 09:23 AM)
QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Apr 23 2011, 06:48 PM)

goodpost.gif

Great memories in your current sig, too, TMD! wub.gif

Ya.. although I don't even recognize myself in there anymore.

QUOTE (realomind @ Apr 23 2011, 09:13 AM)
What the hell is up with people declaring that someone is too young to listen to a band!!! wtf.gif

Seconding this. The response I've always gotten (we're talking since I was about 4) is that it's so cool that I know who (insert old band) is.

When I was real little my dad would always tell his friends that I knew about Pink Floyd, Zepplin etc.