Your town

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

The Professor

• Members
  • 3775 posts
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 31 August 2017 - 03:24 PM

Not necessarily unique, but our new goto joint is RayRay's Italian Beef. The owner is a Chicago transplant and they have all the food you'd find in Chicago except pizza. Everything is good and it's a painful process to pick because you have to eliminate other awesome options. The 'dining room' is about half the size of my living room. Two tables and a stand-up counter. Located between a divey barber shop and a divey liquor store.

The story on the name is the owner's name is Robert, but he had a son named Ray who died of a tumor at 6. Then he had another son and named him Ray.

Sponsored Post

#22 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42212 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:34 PM

View PostHemiBeers, on 31 August 2017 - 03:24 PM, said:

Not necessarily unique, but our new goto joint is RayRay's Italian Beef. The owner is a Chicago transplant and they have all the food you'd find in Chicago except pizza. Everything is good and it's a painful process to pick because you have to eliminate other awesome options. The 'dining room' is about half the size of my living room. Two tables and a stand-up counter. Located between a divey barber shop and a divey liquor store.

The story on the name is the owner's name is Robert, but he had a son named Ray who died of a tumor at 6. Then he had another son and named him Ray.

That's an interesting story, and that reminds me of one place someone might want to stop before they hightail it out of Spokane - Dicks.

Posted Image

Similar story to RayRay's.  Son was killed in car accident at age of 18 I think.  Parents used insurance settlement money to open up fast food place.  It's a dive and a half in a seedy area,  but they do have the best burgers and fries.

Just be careful where you wear their anni t-shirt should you happen to buy one as a souvenir of your sixty minute stay in Spokane (just to prove you were actually there).  It says:

Dick's

50 Years of Memories

Edited by Lorraine, 31 August 2017 - 04:35 PM.

#23 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

The Professor

• Members
  • 3775 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 06:55 PM

View PostLorraine, on 31 August 2017 - 04:34 PM, said:

That's an interesting story, and that reminds me of one place someone might want to stop before they hightail it out of Spokane - Dicks.

Posted Image

Similar story to RayRay's.  Son was killed in car accident at age of 18 I think.  Parents used insurance settlement money to open up fast food place.  It's a dive and a half in a seedy area,  but they do have the best burgers and fries.

Just be careful where you wear their anni t-shirt should you happen to buy one as a souvenir of your sixty minute stay in Spokane (just to prove you were actually there).  It says:

Dick's

50 Years of Memories
I would pay a small ransom for that shirt.

although this gem has possibilities....

https://ddirwebstore...ts/snapback-hat

this quote from their website made me chuckle:
"Our employees reward us by working hard every day and staying with us for a long time. We are proud to have one of the lowest turn-over rates in the industry. Many of our employees have worked for us for over two years!"

Wow two years...give them a gold watch or something.

Edited by HemiBeers, 31 August 2017 - 07:02 PM.

#24 JARG

JARG

Pinky Moe

• Members *
  • 18927 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, guitar playing

Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:55 AM

Not necessarily unique, but our new goto joint is RayRay's Italian Beef. The owner is a Chicago transplant and they have all the food you'd find in Chicago except pizza.
Man that's like opening an Austin-themed restaurant and not serving bbq.

#25 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

The Professor

• Members
  • 3775 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 12:40 PM

View PostJARG, on 01 September 2017 - 09:55 AM, said:

Not necessarily unique, but our new goto joint is RayRay's Italian Beef. The owner is a Chicago transplant and they have all the food you'd find in Chicago except pizza.
Man that's like opening an Austin-themed restaurant and not serving bbq.
oh i can live without chicago pizza. i prefer new yawk anyways. the place is too small for a pizza oven.

but their food and bbq are on point.

Edited by HemiBeers, 01 September 2017 - 12:40 PM.

#26 invisible airwave

invisible airwave

Natural Science Theater 3000

• Members
  • 16352 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 11:31 PM

Rad Coffee - Local joint decorated with punk-rock concert flyers offering cold brew coffee & blended specialties.

Local joint decorated with punk-rock concert flyers offering cold brew coffee & blended specialties

https://radcoffeeco.com/

Claros market - Local family-owned supermarket chain selling Italian ingredients & foodstuffs since 1948.

https://www.claros.mobi/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users