2011 NHL Playoffs

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Apr 10 2011, 05:19 PM)
Yeah thing is brackets system doesn't work for NHL playoffs because matchups are based on seedings in each round...

Well, only for the first two rounds. But yeah, I probably should have found a better template. Still, it gets the point across about who faces who and whatnot.

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Apr 10 2011, 08:27 PM)
Yeah thing is brackets system doesn't work for NHL playoffs because matchups are based on seedings in each round...

Well, only for the first two rounds. But yeah, I probably should have found a better template. Still, it gets the point across about who faces who and whatnot.

I'm still pissed about you getting home ice against us two years ago, even though we ended up with more points...

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Apr 10 2011, 08:35 PM)
QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Apr 10 2011, 08:34 PM)
^ rofl3.gif

edit: that was for Phil. Dammit, BHR!

But you lost... tongue.gif

You're too fast for me. pokey.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Apr 10 2011, 05:34 PM)

I'm still pissed about you getting home ice against us two years ago, even though we ended up with more points...

Yeah, 'cuz that series went so badly for the Hawks after that eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Apr 10 2011, 08:36 PM)

I don't care. I still want the home ice. It's a stupid rule. 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Apr 10 2011, 05:38 PM)

Well, there's no debate about who gets it this time around wink.gif

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Apr 10 2011, 07:33 PM)
Here... I fixed it for you invisi:

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p64/PhilCastro/playoffs.png

You guys can go ahead and use this template yes.gif

tongue.gif

I don't like that Phil... 1. Pittsburgh isn't in the finals... 2. Who is Buffalo gonna be in the finals with?

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Apr 10 2011, 08:39 PM)

You can't open things up against us. We have too much speed. You can only play the boring (soccer) style to be successful. tongue.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Apr 10 2011, 05:45 PM)

You can't open things up against us. We have too much speed. You can only play the boring (soccer) style to be successful. tongue.gif

The Canucks can shut it down if they want to, no question. Best goals-against in the league, and that's with a revolving-door cast of defensemen thanks to injuries. And now the top 6 are all healthy. Plus the Canucks are arguably faster than last season, better on special teams, and waaay more disciplined. That's what sunk them last time around.

The last thing I expect is a sweep though.

Edit: And no Byfuglien. The Hawks are really going to miss his ability to do whatever the hell he wants to Luongo and not get called for it...

Edited by invisibleairwaves

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Apr 10 2011, 08:51 PM)

The Canucks can shut it down if they want to, no question. Best goals-against in the league, and that's with a revolving-door cast of defensemen thanks to injuries. And now the top 6 are all healthy. Plus the Canucks are arguably faster than last season, better on special teams, and waaay more disciplined. That's what sunk them last time around.

Edit: And no Byfuglien. The Hawks are really going to miss his ability to do whatever the hell he wants to Luongo and not get called for it...

My point is that, in the playoffs, you are up against one team and you have to figure out how to play that team. Canucks have a terrible record there. You can throw around your goal-against stuff all you want. In the playoffs, there's no Edmonton or Columbus to beef that up. Yes, Byfuglien's absence may hurt us but there are options coach Q can use and when he does, will you be up to the task? My worries are with our D (will they finally start taking the body on forwards coming into our zone?) and Crawford (how many games in a row can he play?)

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 10 2011, 09:42 PM)
QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Apr 10 2011, 07:33 PM)
Here... I fixed it for you invisi:

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p64/PhilCastro/playoffs.png

You guys can go ahead and use this template yes.gif

tongue.gif

I don't like that Phil... 1. Pittsburgh isn't in the finals... 2. Who is Buffalo gonna be in the finals with?

Doesn't matter.

Use your imagination tongue.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Apr 10 2011, 06:11 PM)

My point is that, in the playoffs, you are up against one team and you have to figure out how to play that team. Canucks have a terrible record there. You can throw around your goal-against stuff all you want. In the playoffs, there's no Edmonton or Columbus to beef that up. Yes, Byfuglien's absence may hurt us but there are options coach Q can use and when he does, will you be up to the task? My worries are with our D (will they finally start taking the body on forwards coming into our zone?) and Crawford (how many games in a row can he play?)

I really have to emphasize the discipline thing. The Hawks won the last two rounds against Vancouver by effectively playing agitator. The Canucks had a lot of players who got goaded into getting emotional very easily. Once it happened, the Canucks lost focus, the game broke down and the Hawks were able to capitalize. Take away Byfuglien running the net, Shane O'Brien constantly looking for a fight, and Andrew Alberts taking as many minor penalties as he could manage, and then add in much more mature versions of Kesler and Burrows and the stoic leadership of the Sedins, and you have a totally different situation. Luongo may be a great leader in the locker room, but on the ice having a goalie captain is just a big mistake, and it showed.

The Canucks have no problem dealing with a seven-game series. They've made it past the first round every time they've made the playoffs under Alain Vigneault. The question is whether they can stick to their game against a team that loves to distract them, and this year they can.

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Apr 10 2011, 10:01 PM)

I really have to emphasize the discipline thing. The Hawks won the last two rounds against Vancouver by effectively playing agitator. The Canucks had a lot of players who got goaded into getting emotional very easily. Once it happened, the Canucks lost focus, the game broke down and the Hawks were able to capitalize. Take away Byfuglien running the net, Shane O'Brien constantly looking for a fight, and Andrew Alberts taking as many minor penalties as he could manage, and then add in much more mature versions of Kesler and Burrows and the stoic leadership of the Sedins, and you have a totally different situation. Luongo may be a great leader in the locker room, but on the ice having a goalie captain is just a big mistake, and it showed.

The Canucks have no problem dealing with a seven-game series. They've made it past the first round every time they've made the playoffs under Alain Vigneault. The question is whether they can stick to their game against a team that loves to distract them, and this year they can.

Speculations. See you on Wednesday. 1287.gif

Edited by blackhawkrush

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Apr 10 2011, 07:26 PM)
QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Apr 10 2011, 10:01 PM)

Speculations. You are talking about the way your team played in the regular season. See you on Wednesday. 1287.gif

No, I'm talking about the way the two teams played last playoffs and how they've changed since then.