Pink World

A quick review/synopsis

In 1984, multi-talented singer/songwriter/musician Tony Carey released his second album under the group name Planet P Project, "Pink World," a sprawling concept album about a mysterious young boy named Artemus who saves the human race (or, at least, a large chunk of it) from a nuclear holocaust. Comparisons between this album and Pink Floyd's classic epic "The Wall" are inevitable, as "Pink World" has a very Floydian/"Wall" feel to it in both it's sound and structure (and even the acoustic number "A Boy Who Can't Talk" sounds like a total re-working of the acoustic Floyd favorite from "The Wall," "Mother"). But make no mistake, "Pink World" IS a phenomenal album, with an intriguing story, powerful, dramatic music, and outstanding production. Many of the album's songs and soundbites linger in the mind long afterwards, such as "To Live Forever," the title song, "What I See," "Power," "Behind The Barrier," "In The Zone," the instrumental "March Of The Artemites," "One Star Falling," "Baby's At The Door," and the already-mentioned "A Boy Who Can't Talk." This is truly wonderful progressive rock from beginning to end.My only disappointment with the CD edition of "Pink World" is that there's no lyric sheet in the booklet. Some parts of the plot are still a little bit unclear to me, such as the question of just who IS little Artemus, where did he come from, and where does he go to at the album's end? So, a complete set of lyrics would've been *most* appreciated! Still, there's no denying the tremendous acheivement that "Pink World" is. That Tony Carey created this rock opera virtually single-handedly (with only the odd bit of help from studio musicians) is truly a testament to the man's talents, and I greatly congratulate him. 20 years after it's original release, Planet P Project's "Pink World" still stands today as a magnificent entry in progressive rock music. Like Tony Carey sings in the title song, "It rolls like an avalanche, and it will sweep you away."

Never heard of this, but didn't Tony Carey have a minor hit about his uncle getting out of prison with a chorus "It's a fine day for a reunion". The name rings a bell somewhere in the cobweb encrusted reaches of my brain.

Then again, I could have dreamt it!!

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ May 2 2005, 08:22 PM)
Never heard of this, but didn't Tony Carey have a minor hit about his uncle getting out of prison with a chorus "It's a fine day for a reunion". The name rings a bell somewhere in the cobweb encrusted reaches of my brain.

Then again, I could have dreamt it!!

He was in the group Rainbow. But this is different.

There was a video in the early eighties with marching skeletons.

3 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 2 Anonymous Users):

Test4VitalSigns

bekloppt.gif Me thinks you are anonymous too, MSC? Hi Testy!! smile.gif

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ May 2 2005, 09:23 PM)
Test4VitalSigns

bekloppt.gif Me thinks you are anonymous too, MSC? Hi Testy!! smile.gif

I think it would be funny to have an anonymous day!

QUOTE (My_Shrimp_Cot @ May 2 2005, 09:29 PM)
Test4VitalSigns

bekloppt.gif  Me thinks you are anonymous too, MSC?  Hi Testy!!  smile.gif

If all of us were anonymous? laugh.gif

ooo, oooo!! I know, lets all be anonymous, then play follow the leader! Or, how about tag!!! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ May 2 2005, 09:31 PM)
Test4VitalSigns

ooo, oooo!! I know, lets all be anonymous, then play follow the leader! Or, how about tag!!! laugh.gif

That would be cool!

QUOTE (My_Shrimp_Cot @ May 2 2005, 09:33 PM)
QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ May 2 2005, 09:31 PM)
Test4VitalSigns

That would be cool!

Tag, your it!!! 653.gif tongue.gif

Archived