Favorite Food Network host?

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#21 Mara

Mara

Hindu Goddess of Death

• Members *
  • 25526 posts
  • Interests:Reading (historical fiction, Cold War political intrigue esp). Playing with my dogs, hiking, working out like a maniac. Thoroughbred racing.

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 4 2011, 09:52 AM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 4 2011, 09:05 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Apr 4 2011, 09:02 AM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 4 2011, 08:53 AM)
I HATE that bleached bloated bastard Guy Fieri. He stands there with his mouth crammed full of food, talking and chewing at the same time - I can't believe the producers haven't corrected his manners. He's so gross.

Plus he ruined my neighborhood diner. They were always busy, but his visit and and feature turned it into a circus - just TRY getting a seat there before 9:30 PM on a Saturday.

Guy is awesome.

Just watch him jabbering away with his mouth full next time you tune in.  I bet they've got tons of outtake footage of the camera man wiping food chunks and Guy's slobber off the lens.

I just like his personality. I think he would be a fun guy to party with.

Sure, if you were wearing a raincoat or there was no food being offered at the party.  He's the kind of person I'd worry would drink too much and pee all over the furniture.  

Sponsored Post

#22 Lost In Xanadu

Lost In Xanadu

Coach Cheesehead

• Members
  • 21420 posts
  • Interests:Drinking, smoking, drugs, Justin Bieber, lying on the internet.

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 4 2011, 08:03 AM)
I HATE that bleached bloated bastard Guy Fieri. He stands there with his mouth crammed full of food, talking and chewing at the same time - I can't believe the producers haven't corrected his manners. He's so gross.

Plus he ruined my neighborhood diner. They were always busy, but his visit and and feature turned it into a circus - just TRY getting a seat there before 9:30 PM on a Saturday.

Guy is awesome.

Just watch him jabbering away with his mouth full next time you tune in.  I bet they've got tons of outtake footage of the camera man wiping food chunks and Guy's slobber off the lens.

Sure, if you were wearing a raincoat or there was no food being offered at the party.  He's the kind of person I'd worry would drink too much and pee all over the furniture.

Nah, Guy does seem to be a party kinda guy, his personality reminds me of Sammy Hagar a little - cool to hang out with for a while and shoot the $h!t smile.gif

But - with Guy, I think you better be prepared to not say much all night, he seems like the kinda guy that would take over the party and yap all night long.

#23 Mara

Mara

Hindu Goddess of Death

• Members *
  • 25526 posts
  • Interests:Reading (historical fiction, Cold War political intrigue esp). Playing with my dogs, hiking, working out like a maniac. Thoroughbred racing.

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Apr 4 2011, 09:52 AM)
worst:
the only way I can tolerate Alton Brown is on Iron Chef

otherwise he comes across as a condescending douche talking to a roomful of 13 year-olds

best:
Sandra Lee has re-created herself for the 20x time, but 'back in the day' she was a blast to watch

from @1:10 on... Sandra Lee - Sunset Clambake

Ah yes, Sandra the Semi-Ho. A few of her ideas (haven't watched her in a while) weren't bad as shortcuts go.  
Others were an affront to food, like mixing canned cake frosting with a box of powdered sugar, blobbing it onto waxed paper, and calling the sickly-sweet dried out result "truffles".   She should have been shot for that one.

I've never been a big fan of the over-the-top theme party settings she's fond of, with all the matchy-matchy cutesy tableware and stuff.  Just clean the house and make sure there's plenty of food and liquor.  Spend less time on the decor and more on the food.  

#24 Lost In Xanadu

Lost In Xanadu

Coach Cheesehead

• Members
  • 21420 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:13 AM

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 4 2011, 08:08 AM)
QUOTE (ghostworks @ Apr 4 2011, 09:52 AM)
worst:
the only way I can tolerate Alton Brown is on Iron Chef

otherwise he comes across as a condescending douche talking to a roomful of 13 year-olds

best:
Sandra Lee has re-created herself for the 20x time, but 'back in the day' she was a blast to watch

from @1:10 on... Sandra Lee - Sunset Clambake

Ah yes, Sandra the Semi-Ho. A few of her ideas (haven't watched her in a while) weren't bad as shortcuts go.  
Others were an affront to food, like mixing canned cake frosting with a box of powdered sugar, blobbing it onto waxed paper, and calling the sickly-sweet dried out result "truffles".   She should have been shot for that one.

I've never been a big fan of the over-the-top theme party settings she's fond of, with all the matchy-matchy cutesy tableware and stuff.  Just clean the house and make sure there's plenty of food and liquor.  Spend less time on the decor and more on the food.

goodpost.gif

My 10 year old daughter calls her "the drunk lady" because she always has to make a drink in every episode.... she is from WI, what can I say. Guess that's why I don't really fit in here much smile.gif Never been much of a drinker.

#25 ghostworks

ghostworks

The God Of Pants

• Members
  • 13918 posts
  • Interests:sʇsǝɹǝʇuI

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:13 AM

one word: TABLESCAPES!  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif  

#26 circumstantial tree

circumstantial tree

The Movie Star

• Members *
  • 20795 posts
  • Interests:architecture, North Carolina culture, classic TV, biographies, skating, music, fine arts, Italian cuisine, striped tube socks. Starred in "Beyond the Lighted Stage" as a fan.

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:24 AM

I agree with Tick's opinion of "the Neely's". They act like clowns on their show. After watching all I can remember is their over-the-top antics, not what they were cooking.

I watched one woman the other day who was "ok". She made sure that she showed some cleavage. Can't remember her name but she looks a bit like Susan Lucci with a toothy white grin that is reminiscent of Mary Lou Retton.

#27 ghostworks

ghostworks

The God Of Pants

• Members
  • 13918 posts
  • Interests:sʇsǝɹǝʇuI

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:31 AM

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Apr 4 2011, 09:24 AM)
I agree with Tick's opinion of "the Neely's". They act like clowns on their show. After watching all I can remember is their over-the-top antics, not what they were cooking.

I watched one woman the other day who was "ok". She made sure that she showed some cleavage. Can't remember her name but she looks a bit like Susan Lucci with a toothy white grin that is reminiscent of Mary Lou Retton.

user posted image

#28 circumstantial tree

circumstantial tree

The Movie Star

• Members *
  • 20795 posts
  • Interests:architecture, North Carolina culture, classic TV, biographies, skating, music, fine arts, Italian cuisine, striped tube socks. Starred in "Beyond the Lighted Stage" as a fan.

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:34 AM

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Apr 4 2011, 10:31 AM)

user posted image

z7shysterical.gif  Yep, that's her!

#29 Tick

Tick

Mr: 26,000!!!

• Members *
  • 26345 posts
  • Interests:I like big butts and i cannot lie, you other brothers cant deny !....oh sorry, lost my mind for a minute.

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 4 2011, 10:03 AM)

Guy is awesome.

my kind of guy! wink.gif  

#30 Mara

Mara

Hindu Goddess of Death

• Members *
  • 25526 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Apr 4 2011, 10:34 AM)

user posted image

One thing that drove me nuts about her show was the overuse of the phrase "golden brown".  EVERYTHING that went into the oven or the fryer was supposed to be "golden brown".  Okay, we get it - usually when something's "charcoal black" it's past the point of "done".  

She makes good food, though.  

#31 Tick

Tick

• Members *
  • 26345 posts
  • Interests:I like big butts and i cannot lie, you other brothers cant deny !....oh sorry, lost my mind for a minute.

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:54 AM

How about Mark Summers? He is the only guy who can try to make you think knowing how tootsie pops are made isn't completely lame.

It is by the way. atickhum.gif  

#32 Tick

Tick

• Members *
  • 26345 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:59 AM

and Rachel Ray is soooooo annoying.
She tries to make it convenient by abbreviating extra virgin olive oil to, "e v o o" to not have to say extra virgin olive oil.
The problem is, if you have to say extra virgin olive oil every single time after saying "e v o o" to tell your audience what it stands for, YOUR MAKING IT EVEN LONGER YOU DUMB ASS!!!!

#33 circumstantial tree

circumstantial tree

The Movie Star

• Members *
  • 20795 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:01 AM

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 4 2011, 10:50 AM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Apr 4 2011, 10:34 AM)

user posted image

One thing that drove me nuts about her show was the overuse of the phrase "golden brown".  EVERYTHING that went into the oven or the fryer was supposed to be "golden brown".  Okay, we get it - usually when something's "charcoal black" it's past the point of "done".  

She makes good food, though.

Her show didn't bother me, but she did seem a bit enthusiastic while her shirt exposed some plump breasts.

#34 Mara

Mara

Hindu Goddess of Death

• Members *
  • 25526 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:02 AM

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 4 2011, 10:59 AM)
and Rachel Ray is soooooo annoying.
She tries to make it convenient by abbreviating extra virgin olive oil to, "e v o o" to not have to say extra virgin olive oil.
The problem is, if you have to say extra virgin olive oil every single time after saying "e v o o" to tell your audience what it stands for, YOUR MAKING IT EVEN LONGER YOU DUMB ASS!!!!

I used to belong to the "Rachel Ray Sux" message board over on Live Journal before the chick that started it got bored with it.  (I joined when I was between jobs - at the time I needed a snark outlet).

She's a wreck - I've seen her handle raw chicken or pork and then not wash her hands immediately afterwards.

Edited by Mara, 04 April 2011 - 10:03 AM.

#35 ReflectedLight

ReflectedLight

The Sphere

• Members
  • 8673 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:05 AM

rr has a nice kaboose.  

#36 Lost In Xanadu

Lost In Xanadu

Coach Cheesehead

• Members
  • 21420 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:08 AM

rr has a nice kaboose.

I don't agree, but even if I did... it's still connected to RR!!!

062802puke_prv.gif

*edit * Oops, forgot to hit quote!

Edited by Lost In Xanadu, 04 April 2011 - 10:10 AM.

#37 Tick

Tick

• Members *
  • 26345 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:13 AM

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Apr 4 2011, 11:08 AM)

rr has a nice kaboose.

??? huh.gif  

#38 Tick

Tick

• Members *
  • 26345 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:14 AM

user posted image

#39 Lost In Xanadu

Lost In Xanadu

Coach Cheesehead

• Members
  • 21420 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 4 2011, 09:13 AM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Apr 4 2011, 11:08 AM)

rr has a nice kaboose.

??? huh.gif

What do you mean ????  laugh.gif

I can't stand RR....  

#40 circumstantial tree

circumstantial tree

The Movie Star

• Members *
  • 20795 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:29 AM

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 4 2011, 11:14 AM)
user posted image

idiots.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users