Not supporting Rush financially anymore

GeminiRising79

QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 2 2011, 07:17 PM)
By visiting this forum you are supporting Rush financially, at least vicariously... this forum details tour stops, as well as info on the next and past albums.... if you ever find any rush news out ever on this forum, or if anyone does, that is TRF supporting Rush financially...... so if you are true to your word, you might just want to leave TRF as well.....

Any future posts by you here then, would technically make you a hypocrite.... just sayin.

um...no.Vicariously,hypothetically,theoretically doesn't amount to actual dollars...sorry. Nope.Nice try.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (oldphilly @ Apr 2 2011, 08:13 PM)
By visiting this forum you are supporting Rush financially, at least vicariously... this forum details tour stops, as well as info on the next and past albums.... if you ever find any rush news out ever on this forum, or if anyone does, that is TRF supporting Rush financially...... so if you are true to your word, you might just want to leave TRF as well.....

Any future posts by you here then, would technically make you a hypocrite.... just sayin.

um...no.Vicariously,hypothetically,theoretically doesn't amount to actual dollars...sorry. Nope.Nice try.

One example.... I would not have known about, or I would have found out much later about the Caravan/BU2B single on iTunes, if it were not for TRF... because of the news I saw on TRF I bought the single and finacially supported Rush...

That's what "vicariously" means.... through another source... TRF is in a large part free advertising for Rush, although not the purpose of TRF, that effect happens...

I'm beginning to like this GeminiRising79 fellow. He's honest,unapologetic and not willing to choke down every morsel "the boys"(pulease)throw our way.

Even though dude accused me of being a Neil Peart suckass.Hey Geminidude,suck my asshole.Afterwards I'll buy you a beer.

QUOTE (oldphilly @ Apr 2 2011, 08:20 PM)
I'm beginning to like this GeminiRising79 fellow. He's honest,unapologetic and not willing to choke down every morsel "the boys"(pulease)throw our way.

agreed.

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Apr 2 2011, 08:04 PM)
http://i54.tinypic.com/aui25v.jpg
Well look what I found at the NEW TRF store!
$29.95 US $32.99 CA

If ALL the attention whores on this forum were to buy a coffee mug from the TRF store, 73 would be much closer to early retirement. wink.gif

QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 2 2011, 08:19 PM)
QUOTE (oldphilly @ Apr 2 2011, 08:13 PM)

One example.... I would not have known about, or I would have found out much later about the Caravan/BU2B single on iTunes, if it were not for TRF... because of the news I saw on TRF I bought the single and finacially supported Rush...

That's what "vicariously" means.... through another source... TRF is in a large part free advertising for Rush, although not the purpose of TRF, that effect happens...

Yeah like TRF is the ONLY way to find out about new releases.Are you f***ing kidding me?

Let's say I frequent TRF every single day.And let's say I never buy any new Rush or never attend any recent shows.Are you saying I would be vicariously supporting Rush financially just because I lurk on an internet forum.My God the frigging uppity audacity some of you folks have. Jeeeeezus!!!!

"Hello,may I theoretically pay you for this gallon of milk...you know I'm like a big fan of milk and such."

QUOTE (summer_sky @ Apr 2 2011, 06:27 PM)

agreed.

i love it when people keep complaining about him being an attention whore (and I'm not saying he's not), which is, of course, giving him attention. wink.gif

while it might be somewhat to get attention and to rile people up, i do also think he's sincere. as someone who is a bit of an attention whore (in b4 "A BIT?" with sarcastic smily wink.gif ), i gotta say, his posts DO get views and responses. and you know it's always gonna be something spicy and interesting - nothing wrong with that IMHO...

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Apr 2 2011, 05:20 PM)
I've decided that until Rush produces new music worthy of listening to (lyrics aside), and/or produces setlists worth my time, I will not be supporting them financially. This "doing sh!t their way" has run its course. Game-up or retire to save any remaining integrity you have.

My honest opinion- and, no... not trolling.

Yes, trolling.

Rush doesn't need your money, I'll go buy two copies of their next album to make up for it.

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Apr 2 2011, 09:38 PM)
I've decided that until Rush produces new music worthy of listening to (lyrics aside), and/or produces setlists worth my time, I will not be supporting them financially.  This "doing sh!t their way" has run its course.  Game-up or retire to save any remaining integrity you have.

My honest opinion- and, no...  not trolling.

Yes, trolling.

Rush doesn't need your money, I'll go buy two copies of their next album to make up for it.

So you'll be giving rush an extra 3$ by buying two albums?

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 2 2011, 09:33 PM)

agreed.

i love it when people keep complaining about him being an attention whore (and I'm not saying he's not), which is, of course, giving him attention. wink.gif

while it might be somewhat to get attention and to rile people up, i do also think he's sincere. as someone who is a bit of an attention whore (in b4 "A BIT?" with sarcastic smily wink.gif ), i gotta say, his posts DO get views and responses. and you know it's always gonna be something spicy and interesting - nothing wrong with that IMHO...

and he gets the responses he wants

i.e. I(we) calls em like we sees em.

Hell THAT MUG was for my brother on fekkin FACEBOOK who, when I copied something I saw a high school aqcuaintance post about an old woman not letting anyone around them with their drama and whatnot, into their lives anymore. She said she was only going to be happy live life laugh etc etc etc frogive everyone hold no grudges....blah blah blah

Brother said I oughta practice what I post

Wife posts that I do and she oughta know she's my wife

He said She shouldntve taken it personally unless she thinks she's an old lady

and so on

and so on

and so on

Ends up with him rambling to himself (or so he thinks, he still doesn't know hiow many people can see it now that my wife's posted about it)...about how much of a victim he is and how everyone should quit grinding their axes on him...WHAT??????

It started out as a peaceful post abot letting things and people go that "harsh your mellow"

thanks for proving me right bro

GeminnyFailing69? he ain't nothin compared to my brutha. I sometimes think I was 'dopted!

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Apr 2 2011, 09:46 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 2 2011, 09:33 PM)

agreed.

and he gets the responses he wants

i.e. I(we) calls em like we sees em.

Hell THAT MUG was for my brother on fekkin FACEBOOK who, when I copied something I saw a high school aqcuaintance post about an old woman not letting anyone around them with their drama and whatnot, into their lives anymore. She said she was only going to be happy live life laugh etc etc etc frogive everyone hold no grudges....blah blah blah

Brother said I oughta practice what I post

Wife posts that I do and she oughta know she's my wife

He said She shouldntve taken it personally unless she thinks she's an old lady

and so on

and so on

and so on

Ends up with him rambling to himself (or so he thinks, he still doesn't know hiow many people can see it now that my wife's posted about it)...about how much of a victim he is and how everyone should quit grinding their axes on him...WHAT??????

It started out as a peaceful post abot letting things and people go that "harsh your mellow"

thanks for proving me right bro

GeminnyFailing69? he ain't nothin compared to my brutha. I sometimes think I was 'dopted!

rofl3.gif

oh forgot..wifey said not to respond or feel i have to uphold her honor in any way, she'd take care of my light work. and so 27 stupid posts later...he proves himself a paranoid asshole

go figure

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Apr 2 2011, 08:38 PM)
I've decided that until Rush produces new music worthy of listening to (lyrics aside), and/or produces setlists worth my time, I will not be supporting them financially.  This "doing sh!t their way" has run its course.  Game-up or retire to save any remaining integrity you have.

My honest opinion- and, no...  not trolling.

Yes, trolling.

No you won't so shut your pie hole.

I'm not sure I'll buy the new CD when it comes out. I will take a wait and see stance. Creatively, in my opinion, Rush is getting a bit stagnant. I'm at the point where if I know I'm not going to play a CD very often, I won't bother getting it. If something should happen to my copy of "Snakes and Arrows" I don't think I'll buy a new copy.

"Another difference might be that RUSH's management organization may have more integrity that does U2's and that enables RUSH to remain a band rather than morphing into a business machine designed to support a host of parasites." QUOTE

hahahahahaha!!!!

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Apr 2 2011, 08:52 PM)
I'm not sure I'll buy the new CD when it comes out. I will take a wait and see stance. Creatively, in my opinion, Rush is getting a bit stagnant. I'm at the point where if I know I'm not going to play a CD very often, I won't bother getting it. If something should happen to my copy of "Snakes and Arrows" I don't think I'll buy a new copy.

i agree 100%.

70's and early 80's Rush makes every other Rush decade seem like children by comparison. Definitely. Most of their material, I would argue, actually is just going through the motions. Experimenting a little? Yes. Changing up the style? Sure. Throwing in weird curve balls? Damn right! But they are by no means straining themselves to the level of YYZ or La Villa Strangiato, everyone can see that. Compared to what they used to do, today they're just flowing with their creative currents. That's not so bad though - even while going through the motions, their natural writing ability is pretty damn sweet. Some odd days of the year, Vapor Trails and S&A are my favorite Rush albums.

Archived