Not supporting Rush financially anymore

GeminiRising79

I've decided that until Rush produces new music worthy of listening to (lyrics aside), and/or produces setlists worth my time, I will not be supporting them financially. This "doing sh!t their way" has run its course. Game-up or retire to save any remaining integrity you have.

My honest opinion- and, no... not trolling.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By visiting this forum you are supporting Rush financially, at least vicariously... this forum details tour stops, as well as info on the next and past albums.... if you ever find any rush news out ever on this forum, or if anyone does, that is TRF supporting Rush financially...... so if you are true to your word, you might just want to leave TRF as well.....

Any future posts by you here then, would technically make you a hypocrite.... just sayin.

I can find myself believing that Gemini may be sincere.

After many albums, many years of fandom and beaucoup $$$ spent, I witnessed U2, a band I once wholeheartedly admired musically as well as for their social statements, go very commercial. I was very disappointed, very disenchanted and even broken hearted to see my beloved U2 go the commercial route.

Given the fact that RUSH is doing another leg of the Time Machine tour (recycling an already successful tour instead of going into the studio to record new material, in other words), perhaps, Gemini is feeling some of the same feelings for RUSH?

Just putting this thought out there.

I might feel the same way if not for Snakes & Arrows, which, while not perfect, showed that they still had some good and great material in them. It had been 14 years prior to that since I'd seen evidence of it.

I'll certainly buy CA if it ever comes out. I'm hoping for 3-4 good or great tracks... unsure.gif

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Apr 2 2011, 07:20 PM)
I've decided that until Rush produces new music worthy of listening to (lyrics aside), and/or produces setlists worth my time, I will not be supporting them financially. This "doing sh!t their way" has run its course. Game-up or retire to save any remaining integrity you have.

Trust me, if the boys read your threads here, they'll read the above "ultimatum" from you and forget about it a second later.

And Tony is right. You are an attention whore.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Apr 2 2011, 04:33 PM)
Why this forum continues to indulge lame pricks like this I do not know.

laugh.gif

No offense Tony, cause you know I love ya, man, but coming from a CP person, this is just hilarious. Think pots calling kettles black and glass houses, etc. tongue.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 2 2011, 07:26 PM)
I might feel the same way if not for Snakes & Arrows, which, while not perfect, showed that they still had some good and great material in them...

nicely said

QUOTE (summer_sky @ Apr 2 2011, 08:23 PM)
I can find myself believing that Gemini may be sincere.
After many albums, many years of fandom and beaucoup $$$ spent, I witnessed U2, a band I once wholeheartedly admired musically as well as for their social statements,  go very commercial.  I was very disappointed, very disenchanted and even broken hearted to see my beloved U2 go the commercial route.
Given the fact that RUSH is doing another leg of the Time Machine tour (recycling an already successful tour instead of going into the studio to record new material, in other words), perhaps, Gemini is feeling some of the same feelings for RUSH?

Just putting this thought out there.

Two things that makes Rush different than U2. One, they didn't go the commercial sellout route like U2 did, putting their image on products and soda ads and such.

Two, they're not going through the motions with their music like U2 is. Whether or not you LIKE their new music is another story, but the stylistic changes from VT to S&A to the two new songs shows they still like changing things up from album to album. When's the last time a U2 album did that?

As for the current tour, I would agree with the assertion that their current tour is just a rehash of last year's IF they were visiting the same cities. They are not. And they're doing an extensive European leg this year, which they did not do last year.

Rush doesn't make money from album sales anymore, they make it from touring. As much as they love producing new music, they're not going to do it for free, so here we are.

That said, seeing as they have only so many years left, and Geddy's voice won't last forever, I do wish they were in the studio right now instead of on the road.

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Apr 2 2011, 08:34 PM)
I might feel the same way if not for Snakes & Arrows, which, while not perfect, showed that they still had some good and great material in them...

nicely said

Though I favor heavier material like VT and the two new songs, I agree with that statement too. I just like the fact that, after 35+ years, they're still not resting on their laurels and are willing to experiment.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Apr 2 2011, 08:20 PM)

Easy. Buy a time machine and go back to the 70s years !!! bumper.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 2 2011, 08:41 PM)
QUOTE (ghostworks @ Apr 2 2011, 08:34 PM)

nicely said

Though I favor heavier material like VT and the two new songs, I agree with that statement too. I just like the fact that, after 35+ years, they're still not resting on their laurels and are willing to experiment.

+1 to 1001.

I think it's great that they're willing to try new things unlike other bands that keep trying to recycle their "winning formula". Even though I don't like S&A and Feedback, it was still cool to see where their experimenting would lead them.

good for you

here's your 15 seconds

now GTFO

/close thread before someone gets banned

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Apr 2 2011, 05:56 PM)
I've decided that until Rush produces new music worthy of listening to (lyrics aside), and/or produces setlists worth my time, I will not be supporting them financially.  This "doing sh!t their way" has run its course.  Game-up or retire to save any remaining integrity you have.

My honest opinion- and, no...  not trolling.

good for you

here's your 15 seconds

now GTFO

/close thread before someone gets banned

minutes*

Archived