MLB 2011 season.

blackhawkrush

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Apr 1 2011, 07:55 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 1 2011, 07:53 PM)
marlins 4 mets 0
it's going to be a long season. sad.gif

Don't worry, they'll get a hit any game now...

tongue.gif

i'm figuring they are going to be out of it by the beginning of july maybe sooner. they'll still think they have a shot of making the playoffs and than go out and spend 30 or 40 million on an over the hill pitcher. that's the ny way. biggrin.gif

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 1 2011, 07:59 PM)
marlins 4 mets 0

tongue.gif

i'm figuring they are going to be out of it by the beginning of july maybe sooner. they'll still think they have a shot of making the playoffs and than go out and spend 30 or 40 million on an over the hill pitcher. that's the ny way. biggrin.gif

I think Dempster and Zambrano have little to nothing left so offer away!

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Apr 1 2011, 08:01 PM)
marlins 4 mets 0

tongue.gif

they can't do any worse than signing oliver perez for 3 years and 39 million which he's collecting while sitting on a beach.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 1 2011, 08:03 PM)
QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Apr 1 2011, 08:01 PM)
marlins 4 mets 0

tongue.gif

they can't do any worse than signing oliver perez for 3 years and 39 million which he's collecting while sitting on a beach.

Got me there...it's hard to do much worse than that.

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Apr 1 2011, 09:20 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Apr 1 2011, 09:15 PM)
Monster game for Arencibia....3 for 4 with a triple and 2 homers...5 ribbies  applaudit.gif

now 12-3

I like, I like. bncegrn.gif

13-3 Final. trink39.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Apr 1 2011, 03:56 PM)
Sucks to be an Indians fan today...even more so than most. laugh.gif

Go Sox! 1022.gif

It certainly looked that way, then ... have a feeling Sox fans getting a little nervous Tribe made it a game just to many runs to over come. Nice tributes to the greatest right hand pitcher of all time Bob Feller. Glad it quit snowing to make it a decent opening day weather wise for Cleveland!! Who schedules these things anyway? Indians should start the season on a extended road trip out west and have the home opener sometime in early May! Snow and ice should be (almost) melted by then... tongue.gif

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Apr 2 2011, 01:39 AM)
Jays always start out strong...........they will choke. IMO, worse lineup in years.....especially pitching. (yes im a fan)

I disagree...best lineup in a very long time...for the future. Getting rid of Vernon Wells was genius. Best trade since Carter and Alomar back in 1990. All young, very talented guys who can and will learn to win together.

This year's team reminds of Jays in the mid '80s when they first were on the rise to the championship teams in the early 90's.

The pitching is young but talented. The minor league system is loaded with good young arms. Patience is required and having Farrell as manager will do wonders (He is considered very excellent in scouting and coaching pitchers)

If Lind and Hill can come back and hit like a few years ago this team will score runs. Last year Jays lead majors in home runs. This year they have guys who get on base and the homers will score even more runs.

I don't have high expectations for this year but believe they can surprise and can compete. For the first time in a long time I feel good about the next few years.

Time to look forward and quit dwelling on the past.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Apr 2 2011, 06:09 AM)
Jays always start out strong...........they will choke. IMO, worse lineup in years.....especially pitching. (yes im a fan)

I disagree...best lineup in a very long time...for the future. Getting rid of Vernon Wells was genius. Best trade since Carter and Alomar back in 1990. All young, very talented guys who can and will learn to win together.

This year's team reminds of Jays in the mid '80s when they first were on the rise to the championship teams in the early 90's.

The pitching is young but talented. The minor league system is loaded with good young arms. Patience is required and having Farrell as manager will do wonders (He is considered very excellent in scouting and coaching pitchers)

If Lind and Hill can come back and hit like a few years ago this team will score runs. Last year Jays lead majors in home runs. This year they have guys who get on base and the homers will score even more runs.

I don't have high expectations for this year but believe they can surprise and can compete. For the first time in a long time I feel good about the next few years.

How is the pitching staff good? The only starting pitcher that is "good" in my eyes is Romero.....and we have no good closers.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Apr 2 2011, 01:12 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Apr 2 2011, 06:09 AM)

How is the pitching staff good? The only starting pitcher that is "good" in my eyes is Romero.....and we have no good closers.

I don't know...Drabek looked pretty good today confused13.gif Only allowing a solo homer and no other hits in 7 innings of work... confused13.gif

Cubs win! Cubs win! Cubs win!

A 5 run comeback in the bottom of the 8th (granted, against the Buccos), a 5-3 win, and back to .500.

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Apr 2 2011, 05:08 PM)
Jays 6 Twins 1  common001.gif  Toronto at 2 and 0  1022.gif

1022.gif

Meanwhile the Cards got spanked again, 11 -3. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Pujols hit his first homer of the season though. 1022.gif